Seventeen years of experience in OLTP and OLAP design and development, including; Data Analysis, Data Profiling, KPI, ETL and Reporting.
- Manage a team that assists with the design, development, preparation and maintenance of databases.
- Manage a systems programming group to ensure performance and tuning analysis; ensure group maintains optimal performance levels, identifies and resolves bottlenecks, and resolves problems involving database use.
- Able to create database schemas and sub schemas, lead/review database designs and estimate sizes of new databases.
- Ensure that the detailed physical design of data structures and databases complies with standards, guidelines and procedures recommended for all aspects of data modeling; database design and maintenance.
- Ensure that proper data modeling and design paradigms are applied.
- Provide the appropriate tools, procedures and facilities for creating and maintaining the entity data enterprise model.
- Ensure that effective database documentation is produced.
- Review overall physical database structures for data integrity, performance quality, recoverability, maintenance and space requirement considerations.
- Ensure that impact analyses, research products, software configuration parameters, and standards and procedures support the company's database environment needs and are adhered to by database administration staff.
- Interact with analysts and developers for development projects to understand system requirements of conceptual models, analyze transactions and data volumes, and design the physical database.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and standards to ensure systems compliance.
- Analyze, design, implement and recommend solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Transferring and Replicating data: DTS, SSIS, BCP, SQL Replication, Replication and ETL with 3rd Party Tools
- T-SQL and MDX Development: programming algorithms, stored procedures, functions, KPIs, DDL, DML, DCL, MDX, DMX
- SSIS package development
- SSAS OLAP Cube development
- SSRS Report development
- Crystal Reports development
- Visual Basic
- HTML, CSS, XML, XML Schema
Confidential, (10/2008 – Present)
A systems and service solutions provider for the hospitality industry, with a point-of-sale system in more than 50,000 restaurants in 105 countries.
Serving as the Database Architect for the Enterprise Configuration Management Portal, this will act as a flexible framework allowing users with a variety of roles to manage the wide variety of elements that make up Pars’ product suite, including multi-language functionality. My role includes data analysis, database design, development DBA, and T-SQL development of stored procedures and algorithms.
Technologies: SQL Server 2008, SQL Server BI Suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Data Architect, Visual Studio
Director of Architecture
A marketing, design and rich internet application solutions provider to clients from well-established firms including Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, Surya Rugs, Mohawk Flooring and Thomasville Furniture.
Designed and developed online catalogs and in-house web applications to support marketing centric processes and reporting.
Technologies: SQL Server 2008, SQL Server BI Suite, MySQL, PHP, Joomla, ErWin, MS Access.
Manager Data/BI Competency Center
The largest independent distributor of Toyota and Scions; a diversified automotive corporation whose principal businesses focus on vehicle distribution and processing; finance and warranty services; insurance activities; retail sales; marketing and consulting; and dealer technology products and services.
In addition to managing the DBA and Data Engineering groups, I worked closely with actuaries, the Strategic Analysis and Finance departments designing and developing BI structures and report development. I developed Budget and Project Management BI structures and reports for Upper Management.
Technologies: SQL Server, Oracle, UDB DB2, DB2 OS/390, MS Access, ErWin, Data Mirror Transformation Services, DTS, SSAS, Rational Portfolio Manager, Crystal Reports and Lawson Reporting Services.
A B2B E-commerce site for wholesale nurseries, equipment and suppliers.
Designed and developed online catalog and interactive customer inventory system.
Technologies: SQL Server, ASP.net, Crystal Reports
A provider of workers’ compensation insurance and employee injury data and statistics.
Worked closely with actuaries developing BI structures and reports for Workers Compensation data system.
Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Visual Basic
Publisher of 28 magazines
Worked closely with upper Marketing management designing and developing BI structures, KPI and ad-hoc reports.
Technologies: SQL Server, Visual Basic, Crystal Reports
Designed and developed the following systems:
- Grant Tracking System
- Utility Code Violation System
- Computer Inventory System
- Library/Historical Society Fund Raising System
- Water Treatment Plant Maintenance System
- Well Field Tracking System
Technologies: FoxPro, MS Access