Proven information technology, operational and business management professional with over five years experience creating the corporate infrastructure to excel businesses. Skilled at development of company infrastructure, policies/procedures, marketing initiatives and all aspects of technological/telecommunications for small business. Seeking an opportunity with a growth oriented organization that values dedication, strong work ethic and diverse abilities in order to maximize mutual benefit.
Operations Information Technology Human Resources
Telecommunications Customer Service Web Development
Marketing/Advertising Sales Forecasting Invoicing/Tracking
11/05 to 04/09 Confidential,Grand Rapids, MI
Confidential,Enterprises is an executive search firm that specializes in the contract furniture industry. We have recruited in several other industries including manufacturing, banking/finance, engineering and construction and office furniture. I was the company’s second employee and was placed in charge of everything that did not directly relate to recruiting.
Information Technology Specialist
- Managed the IT, telephone, fax and office top to bottom.
- Built and wired in-house network from laying the CAT-5 wire, router configuration and TCP/IP network setup including DHCP. Set up an POP3/SMTP email server, FTP server, in-house Apache based website and Iwatsu proprietary phone system.
- Provided help-desk support including application based and computer based support. This included application such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Instant Messaging Software, Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox.
Human Resources Generalist
- Wrote and placed advertisements for job opportunities on Monster, Career Builder and many niche recruiting sites.
- Internet recruited qualified candidates for available openings with reputable companies.
- Received, read, qualified/disqualified and responded to thousands of email resume applications.
- Wrote the company Handbook and general policy guidelines.
- Was instrumental in getting multiple benefits in place including the vacation plan, 401k/IRA retirement plan and Health Insurance including Medical and Dental coverage.
- Performed all HR related duties including new hire interview and paperwork.
- Performed all duties relating to the daily business operation.
- Developed, standardized and maintained all the forms used across the business.
- Managed one direct report administrative assistant who was in charge of answering the phones, data entry and special projects.
11/04 to 11/05,Confidential,Grand Rapids, MI
- Started a successful computer repair/maintenance company based on affordable but quality computer work.
- Developed a successful marketing and advertising strategies to develop sales and a steady flow of new business.
- Worked with both individuals and companies serving all their information technology needs.
- Developed several web sites.
01/04 to 02/05 Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Data Entry/ Network Troubleshooter
- Maintained the data entry aspect of the CAP’s database software including the database administration.
- Troubleshot various computer issues within the office.
- Performed installations of the Windows Operating System
Summer 2002/2003 Confidential,Twin Lake, MI
- Participated as a member of the camps administrative team.
- Duties included answering the phone, communicating with the council office on camp status in addition to much of the paperwork that needed to be done during the summer.
- Was one of 10 people, out of 175 person staff, to be named ‘Staff Member of the Week’
- Taught valuable, life applicable, skills to young scouts with a team of other staff members.
- Worked as a team to provide a coordinated approach to teaching boys a variety of skills.
- Bachelors in Business Administration
Awards and Certifications:
- Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America, March 17, 2004
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Windows Professional and Server
- Typing speed with perfect accuracy is over 80 WPM