HR Generalist and Business Partner with background in multi-site, 24x7 manufacturing and operations companies. Adapts HR to overall strategic goals, and develops key talent and establishes best practices to build high-production workforces. Experienced facilitating major growth and transitions, including M&A activities, organizational restructures, and culture changes.
HR-Business Alignment Employee Relations HR Policies & Procedures HR Law, Gov’t Compliance
Change Management Issue & Conflict Resolution Benefits Administration Full Cycle Recruiting
Process Implementation Mediation & Advocacy FMLA/ADA/COBRA, 401(k) Workers Comp, STD, LTD
- Trained manufacturing managers on company policies and procedures, executed all aspects of HR and instituted new programs to minimize workers comp; recruited for all positions including management, warehouse, and light assembler.
- Introduced new hire process that reduced costs/time 33%, introduced attendance policies, and grew attrition/morale.
- Recognized SME on new HR technology and system implementations such as Brassring and payroll solutions.
- Developed HR infrastructure and user guide manuals for internal processes for onsite and telecommuting programs.
Confidential,Human Resources Generalist 2008-2012
- Consulted with internal management, supervisors, and employees on employee relations and performance improvement; promoted and managed adherence to current HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Worked with and guided business partners on STD, LTD, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, payroll, I-Pay, employee relations, recruitment, policies, employment law, client relations, compensation, reorganizations, lay-offs, and exit packages.
- Recruited for professional, IT, exempt, and non-exempt positions and managed compliance with federal, state, and local laws for benefits, compensation, employment, and training; processed new hires in I-9 E-Verify system.
- Managed 10-15 FMLA and leave cases each month; represented in hearings and worked with payroll on paid time-off.
- Selected doctors to participate as providers on WC panel.
- Structured and deployed HR programs to achieve successful launch of new Knoxville site; designed and supported HR policy training, compensation, benefits packages, productivity incentives, and new hire orientation.
- Engaged vendor and negotiated contract for temporary labor, cutting overall labor and testing expenses 65%.
- Increased 401(k) plan participation for upcoming enrollment year; successfully negotiated with providers on health care, 401(k) and retirement services, and safety.
- Successfully passed PeopleSoft, 401(k), and Kronos Audits for past three years; reduced liability with stronger data accuracy.
Confidential,Human Resources Consultant 2006-2008
- Consulted on management, employee relations, coaching, staffing, policies, and employment law and client relations; served as liaison to internal departments and external entities and vendors.
- Developed action plant to fill open positions quickly; identified sources for qualified candidates and led sourcing strategy; recruited for non-exempt, professional, technical, managerial, and executive positions.
- Assisted clients with resume development and job searches; screened resumes and applications; conducted behavioral-based interviews; coordinated customer meetings; maintained client calendar and travel plans.
- Maintained current HR and employment laws; managed relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
Confidential,Human Resources On-site Generalist & Manager 2001-2006
- Counseled management and supervisory-level staff on HR issues such as employee relations, compensation, organizational development, policy interpretation, and performance management; served as liaison to company-wide departments.
- Arbitrated and resolved disputes involving temporary personnel, and represented company at unemployment hearings.
- Developed new recruiting strategies that delivered significant cost savings while enhancing retention rates; orchestrated all employment activities from screening/selection through new hire orientation and benefits enrollment.
- Managed successful union avoidance campaign resulting in no election.
- Managed I-9 recertification process for employees; researched, identified, and resolved discrepancies.
- Integrated HR goals with business operations agenda and strategic plans; launched and managed a telecommuting program that achieved 75% employee participation, increased morale, and reduced operating expenses.
Confidential,Human Resources Generalist 1997-2001
- Oversaw implementation and adherence to HR policy, procedures, and best practices for employees, supervisors, and management-level personnel at multiple locations; advised on salary, benefits, and government compliance areas.
- Executed HR services to IT, engineering, call center, and operations departments; managed employment programs, facilitated community relations, and assisted with M&A activities.
- Performed due diligence education and coached client groups on ER, EEO, AA, labor law, compensation, rewards and recognition, performance management, and talent review; conducted new hire orientation; maintained training records.
- Consulted on employment and retention strategies, as well as designed management structures and succession plans, and implemented and coordinated internship, co-op, and INROADS programs.
- Coordinated with corporate security, legal, and compensation consultants on resolving hostile work environment, harassment, discrimination, compensation administration, employee relations, and policy violation issues.
- Project managed HR coordinators on special initiatives such as implementing and organizing new hire process, open benefits enrollment, and employee opinion survey.
- Created and implemented the Affirmative Action Plan and facilitated on-site OFCCP review; successfully completed two OFCCP desk audits.
Education & Technical Skills
BA in Business Management & Communication