OBJECTIVE Desire a responsible and challenging position that will utilize my educational background, expand my skill set and offer opportunities for professional growth.
Operating Systems: Windows (2007, 2003, XP, Vista and previous versions), DOS,
Red Hat Linux
Programming SQL, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, Pascal, HTML and other
Languages: proprietary scripting languages.
Software/Database: Oracle Database versions 8, 9i, 10g and 11g
(Oracle Certified Professional – 10g Database Administration)
SQL Server versions 4.21, 6.5, 7.0
MS Access (Microsoft Certification)
versions 2.0, ’97, 2000, 2003, 2007
VB Script, Visual Basic versions 4.0, 5.0, 6.0
MS Office, Veritas NetBackup
MS, Computer Science
Database Administrator/Sr. Programmer Analyst, Confidential,
Mar 2000 – Present
- As a DBA in the Business Intelligence Group, I currently manage the Oracle (10g) Data Warehouse, extensively using the key Oracle database administration and performance tuning tools for data warehousing and management.
- Responsible for the daily data transfers from Taro’s ERP system, Business Planning Control System (BPCS), into the Oracle Data Warehouse, using Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) scripts.
- Upgraded Oracle database environment to version 11g, implemented Data Guard (Disaster Recovery solution using physical standby database) and RMAN backups using Symantec NetBackup to ensure high availability of the Discount Pricing System (DPS or Incentives). Provide data analysis, integration and support for the interfaces between DPS and BPCS, using the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) with business partners.
- Extensively work with TOAD (9.7) for Oracle, to provide solid Oracle backend for the Cognos (8.4) reporting environment.
- Provide Oracle database administration for other financial applications and systems, using Oracle versions 8 and 9i.
- As a Programmer/Analyst, I developed client/server applications like Expense Budget, Capital Budget, Inventory Control Systems and various Sales Reporting Systems for the executives in multiple locations worldwide.
- Extensively helped different users and groups with their data and business analysis needs and provided solutions for business problems.
Programmer/Analyst, Datacap Inc. Confidential
- As an effective member of the Solutions Group, successfully completed design, implementation and installation of Imaging, Batch Processing and Data Capture systems, using Datacap software products.
- Developed a custom Database Query Tool using OLE Automation Objects in Visual Basic 5.0, on a SQL Server 6.5 back-end.
- Using Transact SQL language, developed SQL Server installation scripts for the creation of back-end databases for Datacap “Task Master 2000” software.
- Accomplished complex data validations using extensive SQL scripting, VB Script and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC).
Consultant, Confidential, Dec 1996 – Feb 1998
- Developed various reporting applications using GUI tools and provided system support on client site.
- Developed a multi-user, company-wide Weekly Status Reporting application using Access ’97.
- Acquired Microsoft Certification in Access Application Development.
- As a Team Leader, coordinated a team of up to four consultants. Demonstrated excellent technical and communication skills.
Programmer/Analyst, Confidential, Mar 1995 - Nov 1996
- Analyzed, designed and implemented client/server applications. Full life-cycle project development for several business applications like Inventory Control system, Invoicing application.
- Developed a Relational Database system for a Shipping and Air Freight business, in a Client/Server environment, integrating Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Front-end: Access(2.0), Back-end: SQL Server(4.21), later upgraded to version (6.5).
- Developed databases on SQL Server, handled administration and security and fine-tuned the server parameters and settings.
- Demonstrated the detail-oriented, self-driven nature and the ability to work independently.