Confidential New York, NY October 2008 – July 2011
Vice President, HR & Business Planning
Director, HR & Business Planning (10/08 – 10/09)
Dotmenu, Inc., which operates Allmenus and Campusfood, processes online food sales for over 250,000 restaurants nationwide via menu display and content.
- Develop HR initiatives, policies and procedures for a company transitioning out of start-up mode while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws. Provided recommendations and solutions needed to build out and staff new line of the business including marketing, product and business operations.
- Provide HR counsel as senior level strategic partner to the Chief Executive Officer and the executive management team.
- Develop, design and execute cross-organization short and long term strategies and programs that align with the Companys vision and core values. This includes: performance management, organizational assessments, talent and succession planning etc. Successfully completed first company-wide performance review process and rolled out annual goals using SMART goal process.
- Manage organizational planning efforts that evaluate structure and personnel resources for the company to ensure optimal team effectiveness and productivity.
- Continually assess and provide recommendations for re-designing key internal procedures and processes to improve efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, and profitability. Led efforts to outsource customer service and production functions resulting in a greater scalability, efficiency and pay for performance aligned with key business drivers. Reduced headcount by15 FTEs.
- Responsible for overall compensation, incentive and bonus programs as well as provide strategic recommendations for planning. Evaluated, documented, leveled and created salary ranges for all positions.
- Oversee health and welfare benefit plans to ensure cost efficiencies and attractiveness of benefit programs offered to attract and retain top talent.
Confidential Upton, NY November 2007- October 2008
Senior HR Representative
- Provided full life cycle recruiting for non-exempt through manager level positions with an emphasis on engineering, information technology, technical and administrative.
- Managed special projects related to compensation and HRIS
- Developed and recommend recruitment strategies for HR management that are designed to support the Laboratorys strategic goals
- Partnered with hiring managers and offer them new recruitment techniques and solutions
- Mentored all staff members of the Employment Group
Confidential Upton, NY January 2007 - May 2007
Senior HR Representative – Light Source II Project
Dedicated Human Resources staff member assigned to the National Synchrotron Light Source II Project, a $900 million dollar project with broad impact on a wide range of disciplines and scientific initiatives.
- Administered, interpreted and assisted in the development of NSLS-II personnel policies, practices and services. This included workforce planning, recruiting, hiring, subcontracting, training and the retention of a diverse and highly qualified project team.
- Managed performance evaluation and salary review process for NSLS-II employees.
- Assisted in the development of NSLS-II annual staffing plan
- Measured and monitored the success of various recruitment programs through employee feedback and self-assessments of processes and procedures.
- Developed and maintained a diverse pipeline of talent.
- Facilitated the implementation of PeopleSofts e-Recruit system and own the recruiter functions within the system
Confidential Port Washington, NY May 2007 - November 2007
Talent Acquisition Manager
- Developed talent acquisition strategy ensuring alignment to specific business needs using company and market knowledge, including understanding of corporate growth plans, employment market trends and latest sourcing techniques.
- Created collaborative partnerships with the HR Generalist teams regarding: talent decisions, potential employee relations issues and reorganizations
- Developed business partner relationships with hiring managers to understand business needs, and identify, hire and retain top talent.
- Managed a staff of two Talent Acquisition Partners
Confidential, Melville, NY August 1997 – January 2007
Held a variety of HR positions during my tenure at Newsday ranging from Employment Representative to Senior Business Partner.
Senior HR Business Partner
- Served as lead human resource contact for managers and employees within circulation, transportation, information technology and advertising operations departments. Function as a consultant and coach to business leaders on all human resources related activities to include organizational development, performance management, recruitment and staffing plans, change/transition management, compensation philosophy and execution, human resource planning.
- Counseled business partners on effective ways to resolve employee relations issues. This ranges from corrective action counseling to policy interpretation, serving as the point of contact for employees in assigned groups/departments.
- Assisted business partners with ongoing case management of lost time due to short-term disability, long-term disability, FMLA and workers compensation injuries to ensure the healthy and timely return of employees to work at minimum cost to the company.
- Monitored the employee experience and identify employee relations issues and opportunities, recommend ideas and actions to assigned groups.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws related to all human resource matters.
- Facilitated training programs, including performance management, ethics, leadership training, as well as periodically conducting New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Managed the employee exit process for assigned client groups.
- Provided full life cycle recruiting for non-exempt through executive level positions (excluding editorial) with an emphasis on the advertising, marketing, information technology and operations departments. Developed effective internal job postings and recruitment advertising; utilized traditional and non-traditional techniques to source viable candidates; screened, interviewed and referred both internal and external candidates; worked closely with hiring managers to determine departmental needs; performed thorough reference checks; prepared and extended offers of employment.
- Responsible for recruitment of all sales talent for Newsdays multiple locations, which included Melville, Queens and New York City. Assisted other Tribune properties within the Northeast territory- amNY, Hoy, Star Community Publishing Group and Tribune Interactive.
- Accountable for sourcing top sales talent & networking to identify strong candidates. This required a continual development and implementation of new recruitment strategies in order to attract and retain the best sales talent for Newsday national, local and online sales divisions.
- Partnered with the Vice President of Advertising to develop and implement a passive recruiting strategy that allowed Newsday to have a pool of candidates available for all levels of sales opportunities (entry-level to management). Similar partnerships had been created with the General Manager of Newsday.com and the Executive Director of Island Publications for the purpose of developing non-traditional sales teams.
- Delivered relevant post-interview feedback and consulted with employees regarding career development goals.
- Consulted with managers, supervisors and employees to provide guidance for a wide range of human resource issues such as employment, employee relations, retention, training and development and employee benefits.
- Accessible to employees and assisted in resolving issues in a timely manner through problem solving and effective teamwork with HR management and generalists.
- Managed a staff of two HR Representatives and an HR Assistant.
- Oversaw the daily activity of the recruitment team to ensure the recruiting needs of the business were satisfied.
- Provided ongoing performance management and coaching.
- Disseminated information from senior management to recruitment team.
- Developed and implemented a successful advertising internship program that runs annually from May through August. Internship program led to the development of a Junior Account Executive program, which provides the Advertising Department with a new source of talent.
- Assisted the General Manager of Newsday.com in the development and implementation of a commission-only compensation program.
- Created a behavioral based interview skills training program for hiring managers available in booklet form or online where it can be customized.
- Placed high-level candidates including a Manager of Employee Communications, Advertising Sales Training Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, and Research Manager. Eliminated the need for an executive search firm resulting in a significant cost saving to the company.
- Redesigned the requisition for hire and approval process creating a more streamlined process.
Confidential Ronkonkoma, NY March 1996 - August 1997
On-Site HR Representative at Symbol Technologies (Motorola)
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Visio, PeopleSoft