- Financial Services Professional bringing expertise in back and middle office operations and relationship management as well as extensive experience with client on - boarding procedures, global operations, and foreign exchange operations
- Successful transition of 25 FTE roles from two different countries into new office location in Shanghai, China. Then using synergies and coverage model strategy was able to save 1.5 FTE in new staff.
- Achieved KRI goals during transitions and improved by roughly 20% once staff completely trained and oriented to FX operations roles.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- FX Confirmation Applications (MISYS, GTSS, FXALL)
- Confidential Systems (Traiana (TRM), Harmony)
- Electronic Trading Platforms (EBS, Reuters Dealing)
- Client Onboarding and Integration (Markit, Goldtier)
- Staff Orientation, Training and Management
- Flexible and International Perspective
Onboarding Analyst, New York, NY
- Facilitate the onboarding of various client trading accounts working with Client Managers, Relationship Managers, Sales, Credit, Tax, and Documentation for asset managers and give-up accounts.
- Using Confidential expertise to improve process and procedures for the give-up account onboarding while training colleagues.
- Review agreements sent by prime brokers to assess for products and specifics to make sure they adhere to both internal requirements and market practices.
Financial Services Consultant, New York, NY
- Support KYC/AML periodic review process for European Asset Servicing clients and look for opportunities to improve and automate processes.
- Work with various business and risk professionals to support execution of global scenario analysis program for operational risk management initiative to ensure compliance with CCAR, Dodd-Frank Stress Testing ( Confidential ) and the Advanced Measuring Approach (AMA) for Basel II.
Director Foreign Exchange Operations
- Responsible and accountable for the transition of FX operations functions from Hong Kong and Sydney to new office in Shanghai, then managed staff of twelve in FX Derivatives, Client Service, Asia Emerging Markets and Confidential operations teams.
- Coordinated and developed on-boarding procedures and worked with key stakeholders during KYC process to ensure no operational issues for new clients.
- Built both internal and external networks to complete projects including globally aligned FX procedures, expansion of clients utilizing CLS, procedures for new currency processes such as CNH, and Asian emerging markets training for staff globally.
- Assisted Network Department with SLA agreement as they took over responsibility for managing the cash and foreign exchange relationship with agent banks.
- Establish full service client service team for Confidential in Asia to support clients in the region and new 24-hour trading on electronic platforms.
Senior Manager, New York, NY
- Initiated, produced and enhanced new on-boarding procedures to standardize process for new Confidential clients.
- Worked external IT vendor to improve processes and automate aspects of trade processing for clients and executing brokers.
- Analyzed fund activities obtained from clients and relationship managers to determine strategies for meeting clients' expectations.
FX Confirmations Analyst, New York, NY
- Confirmed and instructed FX transactions for Confidential Clients.
- Matched and confirmed trades on various external matching systems including MISYS and GTSS.
Administrative Assistant, New York, NY
- Organized and reported testing results for disaster recovery and BCP testing.
- Compiled notes and action points for meetings concerning Hurricane Katrina.
Integration and Relationship Manager, New York, NY
- Assisted the sales team with new hedge fund clients to determine how to best meet their needs while getting information to help complete KYC.
- Negotiated with brokers and electronic trading platforms to establish credit lines, procedures, and confirm ISDA and other documentation in place.
- Coordinated aspects of new clients’ on-boarding with IT, Credit, Compliance, Operations, and Sales during the KYC process.
- Developed and maintained relationship with external IT vendor for continuous support and improvements in service offerings.
- Represented the New York office in weekly global meetings to convey current projects and clients to management, operations, and the business unit.
FX Processing Analyst, New York, NY
- Worked with FX operations team to confirm and instruct daily FX settlements.
- Confirmed and resolved discrepancies with NDF and FX derivatives transactions.
- Tested new confirmation systems and provided feedback to project managers and developers.
Business Development Volunteer
- Established USAID funded “ Confidential ” business center and determined projects and services that the new business center could offer to the business community and the public.
- Helped to establish Women's Economic Empowerment Center, and advised on local staff including the new director.
- Field offers or negotiated with foreign investors interested in participating in the local economy.
Senior Foreign Settlements Coordinator, Boston, MA
- Worked as part of team during the RFP process to help determine which bank we should use to hold emerging markets assets.
- Headed up the conversion team and completed all necessary documentation to consolidate all emerging markets assets to new custodian bank.
- Managed relationship with sole external emerging markets investment manager.
Mutual Fund Portfolio Administrator, Quincy, MA
- Settled and booked all foreign exchanges and trades for international equity fund.
- Balanced twenty-five different currency accounts.
- Calculated available cash to investment manager daily.
Mutual Fund Accountant
Confidential, Quincy, MA
- Manually computed and reported prices for three multi-class mutual funds daily.
- Maintained all accounting records for three mutual funds.
- Assisted audit staff with any discrepancies between bank records and the client.