Results - driven, systematic and ambitious military leader with 25 years of service; with 17 years of human resources experience with emphasis in personnel and budget management, organizational effectiveness, full life-cycle recruiting practices and leadership development training. Developed creative solutions to a vast array of challenges in arduous environments concerning training and personnel accountability increasing overall effectiveness of personnel and operability of Confidential Recruiting Command throughout the nation. Recognized by colleagues and peers as a highly effective leader and communicator. Proven track record of dependability, integrity and results. Certified Master Training Specialist in the Confidential .
AREAS OF E XPERTISE:
- Human Capital Management
- Staff Training and Development
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Coaching and Mentorship
- Multi-Site Management
- Trends Analysis
- HR Information Systems
- Succession & Development Plans
- OFCCP & OSHA Compliance
- Performance Metrics
- Budget & Cost Reduction
- Curriculum Development
- Creative Problem Solving
- Leadership/Team Building
- Recruitment, Placement & Retention
- Government Relations & Liaison Affairs
- Change Management
- Project & Performance Management
PROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE:
Confidential, Waltham, MA
TALENT ACQUISITION PROGRAM MANAGER
- Responsible for development of the military recruiting program to include KPI’s, advertising and marketing initiatives, design of military landing page on careers site and training of recruiters to increase candidate flow in the veteran market. Partnered with several outside vendors to gain access to the veteran market through veteran recruiting career fairs and local military outreach programs.
- Currently manages team responsible for Confidential & Confidential Compliance to include background screenings, drug tests, and I-9 processes. Identified and addressed pain points with corrective action.
- Oversees third part contracts, negotiations and vendor management for TA Operations.
- Proven collaborator, spearheaded launch of revised Employee Referral Program including communications, collateral material, building of website and updating of policy with key stakeholders.
- Established diversity recruiting hiring goals in concert with AAP alignment, developed landing page, created diversity events calendar and collateral materials and coordinated AIRS training for recruiters.
- Tested and implementing the onboarding module in ATS that migrates all candidate flow to a paperless, task-based onboarding tool reducing burden on recruiters and creating a better candidate experience.
- Team lead for the implementation of the hiring and selection tool that provides uniform behavioral assessments for all clinical positions as well as IT and finance requisitions.
- Analyses dashboard metrics to include time to fill, cost per hire, time to start, retention, to help forecast business needs and take corrective action against strategic plan.
- Developed Military Handbook for recruiters and Hiring Managers on how to directly correlate military skills/values into competencies within our business.
- Increased veteran hiring 127% YoY due to program enhancements, training of recruiters, hiring managers and leadership, and trends analysis designed to better align business needs with skillsets.
- Directly leads a team of 17 military recruiters which has led to the hiring of 565 veterans in 2016/7.
- Serves as mentor for Edge4Vet’s program designed to translate student veteran’s military strengths into tools leading to civilian success. Personally trained four other mentors within the business.
- Ambassador for the Manufacturing Institute, acting as liaison between company and veterans seeking positions within the manufacturing industry, sharing best practices with other companies.
- Has assembled a large network of all state-side Military Transition Center contacts as well as State Veteran Employment Representatives working together to promote opportunities within organization.
- Developed third party vendor contact list to leverage resources to enhance accessibility and broaden reach into veteran market. Aligned with RecruitMilitary to attend 14 career hiring events in 2016.
- Understands Taleo Applicant Tracking System (ATS) from both back-end/user roles, has identified opportunities for system enhancement across nationwide organization, including Puerto Rico.
TALENT ACQUISITION DIRECTOR
- Developed and executed a social recruiting strategy to create proactive and targeted searched that generated a more diverse candidate pool and increased interview/contract ratio by 15%.
- Managed overall recruiting budget within Recruiting Team for career fairs and print media.
- Inspired recruiting team to achieve quality sourcing, contracting and referrals resulting in an increase of 35% production during this assignment.
- Developed centers of influence to serve as agents that could identify high potential candidates.
- Provided expertise, advice, coaching and implementation support to execute team efficiencies.
- Recognized as Regional Recruiter of the Year for 2001 and 2005. In 2001, was awarded 2nd runner up for National Recruiter of the Year.
- Driving continuous improvement in the applicant/candidate experience, data and analytics productivity, and planning of hiring.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
- Developed, recommended, and delivered programs in human capital and performance management, leadership development and succession management, labor and employee relations.
- Point of contact for the onboarding all of all new personnel including the assignment of protégés and mentors based upon succession planning and rotational assignments of personnel.
- Counseled leadership to implement HR strategies in support of productivity standards to enhance productivity & retention, mentorship/succession program, lean processes and reduce safety risks.
- Performed extensive technical and specialized tasks in the areas of staffing, pay and classification, training FMLA/ADA compliance, management-employee relations, performance evaluation and awards, benefits, and FLSA/OSHA regulatory compliance.
- Spearheaded the purchase and deployment of new IT equipment for the replacement of 48 seats increasing productivity for staff and support and providing a cost savings to the government.
- Drafted policies for implementation to provide clear direction of command philosophy and mission.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER /INSTRUCTOR
- Responsible for implementing course content incorporating Office Recruiting into all course curricula.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Confidential Wide Advancement Exam Development Center ensuring all test content was current and reflective of future needs of the Confidential .
- Motivated and trained over 150 Officers, Chiefs and Senior Petty Officers in advanced leadership and recruiting strategies. Effectively coached and mentored his students in best practices.