- Decisive results - oriented professional with a proven record in financial and strategic planning, cost management, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Successfully managed acquisitions, integrations, and system implementations that lead to operating efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Achieved outstanding results by focusing on continuous process improvements, asset management and building committed high performance teams.
- MS Excel/Word/Project/Net Meeting
- FAS Encore
- SAP (FI/CO/PS
Global Vice President Finance & CFO
- Build and maintain relationships with investors and the investment community. Prepare reports and analysis for investors and analysts and provide information to the investment community. Led 2012 due diligence review which resulted in additional $25,000,000 capitalization of the Company.
- Collaborate with members of the executive management team to develop growth strategies, assess and manage financial performance, develop tools and systems to provide financial and operational information, and make actionable recommendations for strategic and transactional management of the Company. Monitor, control, and report financial performance compared to financial plans; measuring variances and undertaking financial corrective actions where appropriate.
- Lead and manage the global strategic financial planning within the Company, including the preparation and monitoring of forecasts.
- Establish and oversee banking relationships, liaise between the company and its investors, auditors, and public officials in all countries in which the Company operates. Manage cash and cash flow planning, investment and asset management throughout the Company. Prepare and manage the compliance of the local country accounting standards and regulations as well as international accounting requirements. Established global audit process and successfully navigated first annual consolidated audit of Company’s financials in its eight year history.
- Co-champion with CEO to drive implementation of Global Stock Option Plan, including the creation of 409(a) documents, legal agreements, supporting documentation, and implementation of stock option tracking software (Solium).
- Partnered with outside legal counsel to draft and implement global Research & Development service agreements, licensing agreements, and pricing agreements.
- Oversee and manage the Company’s administration, human resources, legal affairs, and insurance and property matters.
US Controller, Finance & Accounting
- Negotiated contract termination settlement with U.S. Government Department of Health & Human Services that exceeded expected recovery by $15,000,000.
- Accountable for sales reserves in excess of $125,000,000 on the balance sheet, including reviewing calculation methodologies and ensuring proper documentation is maintained for audit review.
- Participated as senior team member on five year planning process, aligning corporate initiatives with spending and headcount plans.
- Project Director for the integration of Solvay Accounting activities into Abbott; leading teams for Payroll, Travel, Treasury, AP, Monthly close, and SAP financial functions. Successfully transitioned within deadline.
- Designed and implemented customized reports/spreadsheets that streamlined month end close process for sales reserves, pensions, and systems allocations thereby reducing the month-end close process.
- Finance/Accounting representative on Planning and Resource Committee responsible for reviewing and approving all third party sales rebate contracts.
- Directed accounts payable and payroll department functions performed by global shared service centers.
- Managed preparation of accurate financial statements in accordance with IFRS and within global reporting timelines.
- Directed and monitored internal/external audits. Ensured audits were performed in a cost effective manner and that there are no material audit adjustments or major internal control weaknesses. Approved all contracts in excess of $500,000, including reviewing payments terms and budgetary impacts.
- Managed staff of eight associates to maintain a high level of compliance with internal control policies and procedures throughout the organization.
Associate Director, Finance
- Finance/Accounting lead on Request for Proposal responsible for $298MUSD award from U.S. Government Department of Health and Human Services for Pandemic Influenza studies.
- Finance/Accounting representative on Influenza manufacturing site selection team.
- Led the development and implementation of systems to track direct project labor, indirect overhead support, and per diem travel to ensure they are in compliance with FAR, CAS, GAAP.
- Oversaw preparation and performed quality control reviews of required Federal Government Contracting filings such as annual incurred cost submission, CASB disclosure statements.
- Directed all Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audit activities, including follow up, as required.
- Responsible for planning and accounting functions on Government sponsored projects, including short and long-term expense planning as well as spending and reimbursements accounting.
- Led initiatives to identify, develop, document, and implement policy and procedural changes to improve current accounting and controls, and to document and implement appropriate policies and controls to meet the needs of newly emerging business endeavors.
- Provided financial and government contract advice to personnel regarding accounting and compliance issues when required.
Manager, Financial Services & Process Improvement
- Team member on global project to implement a global SAP solution; served as team leader on Project System; member of FI, CO and CATS teams.
- Worked extensively with Customer Service to implement new returned goods reporting and policies.
- Enhanced accounts receivable system/reporting functionality to reduce balance over 90 days by 25%.
- Effectively merged Customer Service & Accounts Receivable departments into one department to increase efficiency of customer order process and reduce receivables over 90 days.
Manager, Financial Services
- Collaborated with Project Mangers to monitor and control the cost of clinical studies & Phase IV projects.
- Participated in the negotiation of clinical contracts in conjunction with Global R&D.
- Identified and enhanced the internal reporting and analysis process to improve the effectiveness of supported organizations.
- Provided guidance to other members within the finance organizational related to business processes and financial systems.
- Team leader for implementation of SAP Project Systems for Information Technology department.
- Created custom SAP reports for financial reporting using SAP report writer & painter.
- Implemented global cost sharing expense allocation methodology.
- Team leader for implementation of SAP CATS time writing.
Senior Business Analyst
- Developed recommendations regarding resource allocation in order to achieve business objectives within budget.
- Provided guidance from a strategic and financial perspective in the development of quarterly forecast and five-year plan. Participate in the assessment of plan risks and opportunities. Coordinate preparation of the US R&D plan with the global organization.
- Maintained functionality of SAP PS module for R&D project cost tracking.
- Provided training and guidance to ensure adherence to time writing standards throughout the R&D organization.
- Implemented hourly rate based billing methodology for R&D project accounting.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Completed statutory and GAAP financial reports for internal and external customers.
- Implemented standardized accounting procedures and proofs nationally in conjunction with centralization initiatives .
- Developed administrative budgets for Prudential Traditional and Managed Health Care Operations.
- Analyzed and completed variance reports for discrepancies between budgeted and actual expenses.
- Trained and supervised staff in full ledger maintenance.
- Responsibility for allocation of $20 million in monthly expenses to product line.
- Oversaw accounting nationally for the fixed assets of Prudential Health Care.
- Worked with Health Care Providers to ensure proper accounting for medical expenses.
- Developed claim reserves by analyzing medical expense trends.
- Lead successful conversion of Prudential Southern Group Operations transition to a consolidated financial database.
- Responsibility for coordinating all administrative accruals for month end close.
Assistant Financial Analyst
- Coordinated and monitored ledger conversion for Prudential Subsidiaries.
- Developed budgets for Prudential's Managed Medical Pharmacy Rebate program.
- Reviewed and evaluated internal accounting controls.