EXPERIENCED CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
Customer Support Senior Assistant/Senior Processor Assistant with extensive experience working with life insurance agents and brokers in a large corporate setting. Significant strengths include excellent verbal, written, and telephone skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment. Experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Unix, Lotus Notes, Life Pro, Kodak Scanner Equipment, Letter Slice Machine, DST AWD and Fax Machine. Recognized for excellent customer service.
Confidential, Hartford, CT 6/2011-10/2011 Operations Assistant (Temporary Position)
- Accountable for researching policies as needed.
- Proofread submissions to prevent overlap entries, notified brokers of receipt of duplicates.
- Organized incoming insurance applications; enter into submission and clearing system.
- Updated status of submissions in the computer system and maintained a high level of accuracy.
- Set up applications, file and distributed to underwriters.
Confidential, East Hartford, CT 3/2002-12/2010 Senior Processor Assistant Performed daily clerical administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Verified and audited all documents to ensure accuracy.
- Photocopied and filed reports.
- Prepared document batches for data entry and imaging.
- Processed transactions to ensure efficient and accurate processing of data.
- Expedited in-house processing of checks, invoices and / or other transactions performing additional follow-up when necessary to meet client standards and service level agreements.
- Handled company confidential data according to policy and guidelines.
- Assisted Protective Life Company with answering phones and supporting client requests.
Customer Support Senior Assistant / Call Center
- Communicated with agents and policy owners to provide assistance on in-force policies.
- Researched standard to moderately complex inquires in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processed financial and non-financial transactions involving stop payment on checks and reissuing payments.
- Input data and updated new information in the system.
- Produced retirement benefit options illustrations.
Confidential, East Htfd, CT 3/2001-1/2002 Preventive Maintenance Data Coordinator (Temporary Position)
- Managed the preventive maintenance process and procedure for energy assets within the Industrial Business Unit.
- Provided preventive maintenance task identification, task assignment, vendor assignment, bulk loading of preventive maintenance, scheduling, photocopying, faxing, compliance tracking / reporting of preventive maintenance and individual tasks, creating and updating spreadsheets.
- Printed out monthly preventive maintenance packets, sorting, mailing and filing.
- Called many service providers for accurate data, searching the Internet and inputting data entry into several databases.
- Typed mailing labels and word documents.
Confidential, Hartford, CT 8/1985-12/2000 Commission Representative, Senior Support Clerk, Replacement Support Clerk, Tape Librarian and Assistant File Clerk
- Utilized tact and negotiation skills to resolve errors reported by agents and brokers to maintain the company's initiative to provide excellent service to the sales force.
- Reconciled daily and semi-monthly payments, authorizing check advances and where necessary reissuing checks to assure customer satisfaction.
- Provided information that enabled agents to correctly fill out replacements resulting in reduced errors and rejected forms.
- Communicated issues and resolved service problems with appropriate field offices and new replacement issuers resulting in smooth transactions.
- Assisted in the development and maintenance of quarterly database reports to meet state insurance requirements.
- Supported actuarial unit through production and distribution of ledger requests.
- Worked with field agents, checking the accuracy and timely delivery of replacement forms.
- Maintained accurate records of all magnetic media and assigned over 1000 tapes to storage vaults on a daily basis.
- Provided backup for helpdesk and computer operator procedures.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Diploma Two Years of Work Study Program Effective Listening; Telephone Skills; Phoenix Home Life Insurance Company Customer Service Guidelines and Negotiations; Computer Science Corporation