Results driven professional with extensive experience leading people and project teams, implementing and designing technology architecture and administering million dollar budgets. Strong experience with standards based computing and process driven IT, with a background in managing multiple projects with leadership, decision - making, planning, and communications skills. Possess an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies and their commercial applications. Twenty years of successful planning, and directing activities that provide innovative information technology, telecommunications and customer service solutions. Significant experience managing change and realizing efficiency as a result of mergers, consolidations and downsizing. Extensive exposure and comfort dealing with all management levels.Culturally sensitive and internationally traveled leader.
- Data Center Operation
- IT Cyber Security Management
- Relationship and Team Building
- Project Management
- Banking Systems
- Performance Improvements
- WAN, LAN and Nortel / NEC PBX
- VPN, Novell, Windows, AS400
- Document Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Virtualization platforms
- Converged and Hyper Converged Infra.
- Negotiations and Deal Closing
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- IT Controls, auditing.
- Budgeting and Financial Reporting
- IT Risk Management
- User onboarding and leavers
- Enterprise Network Infra & Ops
- IT Contract compliance
- Managed technical resources, created resource allocation reports, 3-year plan, and annual project timelines.
- Successfully led effort to relocate the main office Systems and Services to new office.
- Led the effort to upgrade the messaging system to MS 2013 Preferred Architecture (PA) for High Availability (HA).
- Responsible for the integration and migration of various AD domains into one AD forest
- Responsible to migrate back-up data center to new facility and platforms with minimal disruptions.
- Completed several projects on time and within budget; Confidential, Vulnerability Management, Capacity Management, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure ( Confidential ), Security Operation Center (SOC), Email Encryption and Compliance Screening, Log Monitoring, Privileged Account Management, Virtualized Infrastructure, Penetration Tests, and IT Security Standardization.
- Introduced metrics and reporting to drive visibility and continuous self improvement
- Implemented process and procedures to standardize Systems Hardening, Information Protection, Asset Management, and Log Monitoring.
- Responsible for the consolidation of four (4) data centers into two (2) leading to an annual savings of $0.5mm.
- Reorganized technical staff to align with business goals.
- Implemented multiple technologies to ensure security of systems and services
- Handled all information systems audits encompassing Data Centers, Disaster Recovery, End Point Computing, Midrange and Servers, and multiple Line of Business (LOB) audits.
Confidential, New York, NY
President Information Systems
- Responsible for information systems department. Full responsibility for the planning, staffing, budgeting and operational efforts of all IS functions. IT governance and control duties.
- Led the IS team and controlled an operating budget of $1 million. Managed wide area network, local area network, computer processing, application and web development, network design, infrastructure maintenance and installation, PC support and computer repair, technical support, help desk, IS administration and security.
- Managed, designed and enhanced architecture consisting of a Ethernet LAN, FR WAN, NT servers, Novell servers, SDSL, ISDN, Checkpoint firewall, Avaya VPN, 3Com 3300 Super Stack Switches, Cisco 2600, Cisco 3600, Cisco 610, Exchange 5.5, Nortel PBX, Outlook, Great Plains, STB, Lotus, MS Back Office and various other off the shelf and custom applications.
Information Security officer
- Led conversion from Novell to Windows AD and Exchange 2000.
- Converted from Exchange 2000 to 2003 and 2010, 2013 planned for 2014.
- Consolidated multiple MS Active Directory child domains into one flat AD domain.
- Participated in the conversion of main banking system from Kapiti to Urbis.
- Orchestrated the deployment of various systems; messaging, document management, call accounting, proxy server, DNS, WINS, 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN.
- Managed entire IS operations including hiring, budgeting, day to day operations, business recovery, project management and security.
- Deployed filtering system and interfaces, which scan bank transactions against Treasury databases.
- Set up remote site and remote office VPN to securely transfer data between the main branch with offices in Texas, California and remote users.
- Developed Disaster Recovery Plan and managed the Disaster Recovery Operations for the Branch.
- Set up Live dedicated failover site in Confidential NJ with servers in London, England.
- As Information Security Officer developed and deployed Info Sec policy and training.
- Set up and controlled help desk system.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Supplied hands-on leadership, training and supervision. Led and managed staff in the IT department, in the administration, support, training and maintenance of the office.
- Responsible for; AS400 systems management, SWIFT system management, SWIFT Confidential Security officer, Citibanking and First Chicago Interbank software.
- LAN administrator, PC Support, set-up, maintenance and help desk.
- Led IS staff on 2 major bank systems conversion.