- Proven experiences with Directing/Managing global teams, operational risks, business process optimization/Enterprise technology transformations, analyzing and developing master data, compliance, security, establishing resource capacity, allocating tasks and work plans.
- Success rate greater than 98% meeting or exceeding client expectations; and managing at, or below budget.
- Extensive experience managing teams up to 32 direct and $150,000,000 budget.
- Typically, it ranges between 12 - 16 direct reports and budgets of $(10,000,000- 15,000,000).
- Examples of my hiring and managing of numerous personnel over 25+ years includes:
- Hiring Computer Science/Engineering College students to be business analysts for Warner Bros Global SAP implementation in 2007, who had no Industry experience to replace big 4 consultants; trained and mentored them and in 2 weeks, they replaced Big 4 Consultants and provided excellent support as business analysts for FICO, Sales & Distribution, Supply Chain and the executive daily dashboard for RICEFS. They learned infrastructure peer-peer/ n-tier network setup & configuration for the War Rooms, V-Look ups, Access Database data extractions, BOM’s and Costing (Std vs Actual)/All these guys are now accomplished IT management consultants for the Big-4.
- At Confidential (Magellan Inc), I hired a buddy that I had known professionally for 18 years to be my DBA and CA Clarity Administrator. I was also responsible for the oversight of a Big4 Consultant company implementing Product Lifecycle Management. CA Vendor & Other EPM Vendors, Engineers, Program Managers, Finance, Mfg in San Dimas and China, Marketing, Personnel, IT personnel, 3 Global Site directors in Nantes, France, Moscow Russia and San Dimas CA for a Global PMO Implementation
- Extensive experience establishing Statement of Work/Service level Agreements.
- Proven expertise in Enterprise Transformations, Continuous Process Improvement, Establishing PM Governance, Creating PMO’s, Training and mentoring Portfolio/Program/Project Managers.
- Over 25 years Leading Consulting & Implementation of IT Technology Enterprise Applications Development, Matrix & Vendor Management, Global Implementations: focusing mostly on Custom Business Application & COTS (SCM, CRM, MES, ERP (SAP, QAD, Intentia, Epicore, JDA, I2, PowerCerV, Made2Manage, JDE, etc),
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Directed vendor and project teams in transforming a legacy vendor hosted global package to a Virtual machine (cloud) environment using SSO security for bank compliance. Provided 6-sigma controls and redundancy to ensure high availability.
- The KPI's for this program were high availability, performance, reduced latency, security, user friendliness, budget, financial compliance.
- Led the strategic direction, testing, disaster recovery, technical design and provided technical solutions to issues during the project lifecycle. Directed 15 personnel including Project Manager.
- Managed the vendor over design. Strategy was proof of concept (vendor certification and approval of virtual sandbox environment via functionality & latency matrix testing) and subsequent global deployment. Design was for high availability through redundancy and control; focus was Security, sizing and framework to reduce latency.
- Exceeded client expectations by lowering the latency complaints which was very important to the 480 Global users particularly in New Zealand, Japan, and other Far East countries.
- Delivered solution ahead of time, under budget and provided structured queries to automate manual adhoc report writing at the end of the month to a button push. Reduced the 300k/month PO for vendor hosting. Concurrently reduced IT administration for this as well as additional hardware that would have been needed by incorporating the virtual machine environment. Ensured that the confidentiality compliance of master data was securely uncompromised.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Analyzed client issues with peer-to peer networking, bulk e-mail Marketing/SMTP service, large file transfer via FTP to Website, ISP-Service.
- Provided solutions to these client issues via remote/onsite support.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- The County of San Diego needed vision, direction and strategy for their juvenile Probation Courts System that provided the sheriffs, courts and probation departments daily reports on the activities of incarcerated juveniles. Resuscitated in flight projects in the Probation Case Management System for juveniles for the County of San Diego.
- This J2EE application - Oracle database provided the Courts, Sheriff's Office, Probation Office information on events, reports & data on incarcerated juveniles.
- Directed the SDLC & daily activities of software development team, incident team, and infrastructure team to ensure access/security, high availability and satisfaction of 230 county users.
- Contributed to and enhanced the Data Center PMO process, tools and templates.
Executive PMO Leader
- Managed project management office center of excellence and daily activities in a $150 million US release of a $500 million global SAP/ERP deployment to include its mergers with New Line Media and other acquisitions in Confidential entertainment.
- Worked with content team on Video-On Demand, live streaming protocols (dynamic Mpeg, Real time messaging, content delivery etc.) product builds, gap analysis, media & content servers.
- Mentored team of over 30 direct and 300 indirect.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Managed a start-up medical device company’s $5 million plus multi-vendor full lifecycle software deployment and defined integration solution for concurrent multi-application Enterprise software projects involving: RS-Advantage MES, Saleslogix-CRM, QAD MFG-PRO ERP, company website, custom real time patient data gathering, analysis and reporting application and AGILE PLM, on a fast-track to production program. IQ, OQ, Software/Hardware/Process Validation were accomplished in this implementation.
- Developed, documented and validated all business process flows pertinent to the lifecycle of the medical device throughout the Supply Chain as it affected the multi-implementation of these COTS software packages..
- Defined technical integration specifications between Agile and QAD, MES and QAD and Point systems and QAD.
Confidential, San Dimas, CA
Sr. Director, PMO
- Developed PMO office as a center of excellence for all three sites using PLC Lifecycle incorporated into Confidential methodology.
- Established governance and policies. Trained, mentored Program/Project Managers. Developed MS project and Project Management templates to establish tools, selected, configured, deployed, trained and established Niku-Clarity EPM to measure utilization of Program/Project managers and depict the status/quality levels of portfolios/projects.
- Implemented processes to control financials, delivery performance, quality, change, infrastructure, subcontracts and risk. Defined and implemented the process management component of the Enterprise portfolio management PMO. Clarity EPM web spaces used as project repository for documentation, meeting rooms, communication, etc. Reported directly to and provided the VP of Worldwide Engineering, program management support and guidelines to the initiation of standards in Project Management. This Global implementation included sites in San Dimas, CA; Nantes, France; and Moscow for Engineering Resources.
- Managed infrastructure and application architecture assessment, design and implementation for high availability, scalability, performance and security in all three cross-continental sites.
- Involved in Single Application Server feasibility study, application suitability assessment, planning and implementation.
- Performed unbiased evaluation of new software and hardware.
- Managed external consultants and vendor.
Confidential, Newport Beach, CA
- Directed, managed and developed program and project managers; implementing project management methodologies, project management office, project portfolio management solutions, toolkits, training, mentoring, policy, coaching and quality reviews.
- Tracked organization-wide metrics (EVMS, IRR, and ROI) on the state of project management, project delivery and the value being provided to the business.
- Assessed the general project delivery environment on an ongoing basis to determine the improvements that had been made.
- Installed and configured MS Project Server, using SQL server 7.0 on a Windows 2000 Server platform, to enable stakeholders and project team members to collaborate, communicate, record time, status, view tasks, etc.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Principal Consultant /Implementation Manager
- Managed the software integration team of DP/ADW/ROI/SCP. Provided documentation and training of users and System Administrator.
- Determined the software Supply Chain Solution Architecture and Infrastructure designed to save the firm in excess of $5,000,000 annually within 18 months of implementation. Deployed secure web access to supply chain via Web Logic (EAI), Netscape server and JRE.
- Provided sizing, capacity and configuration of SCP/Demand Planner, Server Hardware and Network configurations. Installed software environments.
- Ported demands into i2 Demand Planner through Oracle database programmed to receive daily demands in EDI via gentrans and bucketed weekly and monthly.
- Provided 100% visibility to inventory across the domain. Management business intelligence executed via Cognos.
- Effected a 25% reduction in excess inventory, thereby increasing revenue.
- Provision for efficient management of supplies and inventory from design through obsolescence.