Experienced Information Technology professional with diverse industry experience including Computer System Integrators, Internet Service Providers, Computer sales/repair, and Cable Television. Professional Experience includes systems design, technical support, network and systems administration.
- Technical help desk experience
- Patch management
- Proficiency in TCP/IP protocols
- Document management\Version Control
- Structured query language (SQL) familiarity
- Project management
- Hardware troubleshooting
- MPEG Packet analysis
- Alpha/Beta testing
- Server maintenance
- Apache Traffic Control
- Video on Demand(VOD)
- VOD Backoffice
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Video Enginer
- Responsibilities included building and architectural design of the digital video network with focus on Confidential ’s digital Headend system.
- Provided complex configuration and support of advanced video equipment
- Perform Proof of Concept (POC) to analyze and evaluate new equipment.
- Performed detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.(Remedy, Jira)
- Created/ModifiedSMOPs (Standard Methods of Procedures) required to meet serviceability requirements.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
CDN Support Engineer
- Deployed all CDN platform components on the production and development network
- Performed all CDN tier 2 level troubleshooting requiring the ability to perform complex network or system fault isolation and resolution.
- Accountable for coordinating solutions with vendors on chronic equipment issues that impact the CDN platform to insure uninterrupted service and support to customers.
- Interfaced with other departments and markets to resolve CDN problems.
- Partnered with change management for impact identification, network validation, MOP creation and execution of activities.
- Developed reports on CDN events and post mortems on outages in Client production network.
- Traveled as necessary to support other locations or deployment initiatives.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Wrote Test Plans and Strategies to facilitate the testing of equipment and services.
- Consulted on the migration of VOD and OTT services and assisted in building out the Test Lab to aid in testing of VOD and Linear Equipment.
- Managed the consolidation of VOD services and lead the team that built out the Adrenalin and Axiom VOD servers in the customer head end.
- Configured Solaris and Linux on the migrated boxes, setup VOD Back - Office software and established video streaming on boxes prior to release out in the field.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Openwave Messaging Engineer\Systems Administrator
- Provided a proactive, and reactive approach to managing trouble tickets and spam reporting with an eye on maintaining SLAs, security, and performance on customer-facing messaging platforms for Cox residential and business customers.
- Troubleshoot daily issues impacting customer and business email including mail routing, blacklists, spam filters and misconfiguration.
- Parsed system logs for activity trends related to IP-based connections and user access.
- Provided timely and effective communication on issues to managers and stakeholders.
- Provided support on various Openwave platforms including: Solaris, Ubuntu, Redhat. Configured Puppet and Chef to aid with the automation of upgrading users and migrating config files.
- Assisted with the integration, configuration and setup of the new messaging platform, which involved the migration of Cox Residential and Cox Business accounts to the new platform and Integration testing to insure the platform was stable and working.
- Updated Perl and Bash scripts to parse logs, provide application support and management to aid in troubleshooting
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance Engineer\Systems Administrator
- Engagement Lead for large cable client’s enterprise wide video testing portfolio.
- Lab Headend Setup and troubleshooting. Headend cabling and troubleshooting for streaming issues.
- Evaluate software/hardware requirements and work with developers, engineers, and project stakeholders to develop test strategies for pending upgrades and new rollouts.
- Responsible for work entry of technology and video related testing efforts, such as defining test strategy and approach, planning and maintaining resource allocations, and establishing estimates and tracking budget and cost for numerous efforts.
- Collaborate with offshore delivery resources with resource allocations, training and demand forecasting.
- Utilize Quality Center 10 for test cases, test execution, defect management, and test metrics reporting.
- Provide executive level leadership and business client teams regular statuses leveraging test summaries, test metrics, tracking QA project timelines, and Production and Test defect statuses. Created ECRs for the various software defects that were discovered during various testing phases.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Systems Integrator/Project Engineer
- Led the integration on data center installs, which included network layout, server installation, which resulted in allowing TIVO set-top owners access to Confidential ’s Video on Demand network and services.
- Established a repeatable process by leading a project team to create a SMOP (Installation guide) for GSM server installs which enabled Confidential personnel to complete installs internally, which led in substantial monetary savings. The completed SMOP was added to the TRD (technical resource document) for a high profile executive sponsored project.
- Collected details from project personnel and external vendors and provided executive level status on a regular basis. Oversaw change management and served as primary point of contact for all escalations from external vendors and project stakeholders.
- Handled scheduling for remote personnel and scheduled onsite vendor visits. Coordinated all maintenance windows with vendors and stakeholders.
- Performed routine system administrator duties on lab systems and installed new software for testing for project support.
- Assisted in the market launch of the TiVo/Cardio Project. Assisted the team in preparing sites for market launch and performed various smoke tests to verify hardware and software was ready for launch.
Confidential, Coudersport, PA
Technical Project Manager/Field Engineer
- Lead a project team that was tasked with building a complete Data Center in a lab environment which would allow Confidential personnel to perform system testing and duplicate customer problems remotely in the Charlotte facility. Interfaced with various vendors for status updates and to schedule installation and maintenance windows. Provided regular and timely status updates to all stakeholders.
- Worked closely Confidential personnel to insure that all services were delivered to the customer on an uninterrupted and consistent basis. Interfaced with Confidential and vendors to insure all processes are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Performed routine Confidential administration and configuration. Configured channel maps on DAC.
- Work with the various project groups within Confidential to determine new capabilities needed on the headend to support new development and testing requirements.
- Managed various cable and Confidential applications on the headend, including back-office servers associated with the applications (such as Confidential Guides, VOD, Interactive Applications, Dynamic Ad Insertion.
- Configure and ran digital video headend equipment, network equipment, network management equipment.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
Confidential, Lawrenceville, GA
Customer Relations Engineer
- Provide primary technical support for Cable Confidential ’s in the installation, integration and maintenance of Confidential ’s Digital Broadband Delivery System to include analysis, diagnosis, and resolution and root cause analysis of technical problems.
- Collaborate with various vendors such as Concurrent, Tandberg, Motorola, Confidential, Arris, N2BB, and others to troubleshoot, analyze and correct issues in customer head-ends.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by successfully building and maintaining client relationships that lead to efficient and integrated solutions.
- Technical knowledge of the various Confidential DBDS technologies including Confidential, USRM, ISDP, Verizon ISDS, SDV, Netcrypt, and others.
Confidential, Downingtown, PA
Senior Test Engineer Consultant
- Managed the Confidential Openstream Lab Environment, maintained hardware, software, monitored network to ensure availability of all systems. Configured Connectivity for Confidential DBDS Systems to TandbergTV hardware.
- Responsible for testing UDB, Tru2Way, Amdocs, and CSG billing in the environments to ensure functionality and performance requirements were met.
- Researched and defined hardware and software requirements for the new TTV5 Openstream Confidential .
- Provided technical writing for contract proposals and developed strategic Statement of Work for the impending Openstream Confidential release.
- Administered the Solaris and Linux servers in the lab, maintained user accounts and administered major patches and releases.
- Maintained relationships with vendors to coordinate their onsite support in testing.
Confidential, Action, MA
Field Engineer/ Project Engineer
- Performed onsite installations and troubleshooting of Confidential Video on Demand suite of products.
- Work with third party vendors to integrate system with other network components.
- Upgraded Confidential components at Confidential Motorola headends nationwide.
- Provided project status reports both written and orally to customer, management and engineering.
- Assisted engineering in testing of new products and services.
- Performed extensive trouble-shooting and root cause analysis for complex network issues.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Systems Integrator Engineer
- Provided systems integration support or interactive television product in Confidential head-ends (Motorola and SA) nationwide.
- Duties included installation, system administration, trouble-shooting of hardware, software, network and cable infrastructure components for Confidential products and applications in the customer environment.
- Worked on the Confidential OS3.2.17 migration to the OS3.32 platform in Confidential Motorola Headends and helped troubleshoot streaming issues on both Motorola DAC and Confidential DBDS headends.
- Worked on OS3.3.2 to OS4.05 migrations.
- Worked on Greenfield sites setting up hardware, configuring software, content propagation, eSRM configuration, streaming. (V240s, Catalog Players, NMS, AMS, ICOMs billing configuration, and Terminal Servers).