- Ability to create value for stakeholders by leveraging my accountancy skills
- Build client relationships, leverage my financial planning & analysis skills (FP&A) & deliver financial strategy.
- Business partner, CIMA, CGMA cost management & management accounting skills.
- Drive improved profitability, ROI & cash flow in telecom, technology & other organizations.
- Build marketing forecasts through financial modelling
- International experience - worked in UK, USA & Europe. Supported Confidential teams via remote technology.
- Deliver pricing capital investment guidance (NPV business case), business transformation, cost management.
- Track record of building teams that deliver performance.
- Microsoft excel & access power user. Accomplished in:
- Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, IF/THEN/ELSE statements, IF functionality, graphs/charts, data sorts),
- Access (including SQL - select/from/where/order by/group by/having queries)
- Power pivot, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, SharePoint user
- Ability to synthesize disparate information, create & present, using graphs to visualize key trends & actions
- Management accountant & business partner. Create value through:
- Create pricing strategy & special promotions to delivery profitable revenue growth
- Financial strategy creation, balance sheets, profit & loss pro forma statements, cash flow projections
- Business automation & process improvements that delivers improved cost management
- Cost reduction projects via activity based costing & unit cost driver trend analysis
- Business case creation, investment analysis (ROI, NPV, IRR), financial modeling, budgets & forecast guidance
- Strategy guidance on $100M to multi $Bn investment, capital evaluation, M&A (mergers & acquisitions), JVs
- Financial model creation reflecting risk & “what if” variables, tax implications, in capital decision making
- Build marketing & product forecasts using price, volume, migration, substitution, discounts, risk variables
- Financial planning & analysis that supported business transformation in telecommunications & technology industries
- SG&A and cost of service trend analysis mapped to key business cost drivers
- Quarter on quarter, current year vs last year, 1 to 5 year plans/forecasts. Headcount & other SGA trends
- Business plans, budget & forecast creation
- Contribute to business transformation through:
- Project finance management & program management office (PMO ) support
- Business intelligence, data analysis & data mining skills (Hyperion essbase drill down, Cognos)
- The Confidential transformed the IT, telecoms & infrastructure environment to improve client service. Used my business case, finance strategy, pricing & capital investment appraisal skills to assist in selection of Cap Gemini as enterprise service integrator, introduce new technologies (cloud computing solutions, Microsoft office 365). Delivered finance guidance for IT driven business transformation utilizing a shared services platform, VoIP & mobile/wireless solutions which improved productivity by 25%. Project finance management (PMO) for major program delivery.
- Post-bankruptcy, Confidential needed to generate revenue by bringing new products & services to market (replacing declining legacy $). Used my pricing & business partner skills, as marketing team member to launch 5 new products within 1 year. Provided marketing analysis & pricing strategy to position new products, attract new customers & support customer migration from legacy ones.
- Senior management team member that turned around start up global joint venture, Confidential, from a year 1 $162M loss to profitability within 3 years. Used my financial planning & analysis skills to help scale network, generate revenue, implement cost efficiencies & reduce unit business costs. Managed operations & logistics function. Improved capital investment management of multi $M budgets via payback, NPV & ROI prioritization.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- 50% time - used my commercial p&l financial planning & analysis experience to drive:
- Pricing strategy & business case guidance for $20M agency transformation to mobile platforms
- Created business strategy & financial plan that improved ROI of $75M annual budget
- Implemented year on year, quarter on quarter, 1 & 5 year financial planning & analysis trend analysis
- Managed 3 financial analysts that delivered 5% annual cost savings achieved $5.0M cost management goals utilizing data mining, SQL query techniques
- Self-motivated to become SME for new ITIL enterprise tools (Remedy, Clarity, and ITFM) & processes.
- 25% time - hand-picked for IT & communication enterprise transformation team that utilized RFP process to:
- Selected Cap Gemini (multi $M contract), as ITIL service integrator
- $500M enterprise MNS telecoms contract to drive mobile working & improved productivity upgrade IT infrastructure shared services platform, migrate from mainframe to cloud computing & office 365
- 25% time - provided project finance management to program management office responsible for $325 investment
- Created change control request tracking via project management applications
- Improved project control, monitoring & forecasting by mapping costs to project delivery milestones
- Power point presentations made to senior leadership on FP&A forecasts that drove actions to deliver financial results
Project Manager - Consultant
- Recruited to build & manage project team of 3 financial analysis. Team delivered $3.0M cost savings
- Drove cost management through improved inventory built from disparate inventory data sources
- Created financial forecast & trend reporting to identify key actions.
- Delivered cost saving projects by identifying trends using volume & price variance analysis.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Financial Analysis - individual contributor
- Key player in $20BN division business transformation. Recognized by consistent top bonuses & awards.
- Implemented automated sales segment & major customer P&L reporting
- Produced profit margin trend analysis. Reconciled results to GL account balances using essbase.
- Delivered unit cost, P&L margin trend analysis for $20bn wireless and wireline division.
- Liaised with operations & divisions to implement activity based costing. Results used for external financial reporting
- Reconciled to GL via Oracle Hyperion essbase. Used to report & manage enterprise margin performance.
- Designed & implemented pricing strategy for $1.5BN business unit, drove 5% growth & 1.5% margin increase
- Stretched the brand - introduced 3 new consumer segment products generating $35M revenue.
- Pricing strategy input to Asia & European subsidiaries. Grew region revenue by 8%.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Strategic Pricing Manager
- Key marketing team member that drove business growth during & following exit from corporate bankruptcy.
- Co-negotiated $30M voice activation technology JV. Created business case, strategy & ROI guidance.
- Provided financial guidance to develop internally, buy company or create JV decision.
- Created pricing bundles for new products & services that drove revenue growth of 300%
- Worked with marketing & sales team to create products that supported technology leading brand.
- Built marketing & product forecasts that drove multi $M investment & pricing decisions
- Developed VoIP bundled service package pricing strategy - 2 year 362% growth via promotions & market analysis.
- Delivered pricing guidance on 5 consumer & business segment products through service package creation.
- Pricing strategy for new I.P. & VOIP network products.
- Created pricing & promotions for consumer, home office, small/medium business & enterprise segments.
- Utilized underlying network infrastructure (frame relay, IP) to better position services in the market.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Project & Program Manager
- Successfully managed 312 blue chip account migration. Project saved $9.5M & generated $11M revenue opportunity.
- Managed 11 people project team, $1M budget. Project completed 14% > of schedule & 36% < budget
Confidential, Atlanta/Washington/San Jose /New York
- Provided financial management of $0.5BN I.T. business plan. Managed finance support function of 4 analysts.
- Delivered $54M gains from productivity automation. Drove 9% revenue increase via 24% improved order flow
- Saved $54M through, improved performance metrics, supply chain re-engineering & capital prioritization.
- Managed business case & ROI investment prioritization & guidance for $145M capital investment.
- Set up & managed customer service team that delivered products & services to AT&T’s global, blue chip, customers. Improved order delivery by 49% through automation as volumes grew by a factor of >15.
- Recruited >175 people for the team. Reduced new hires lead time by >35%. Morale by > 15% per HR metrics.
- Managed key supply & distribution interfaces with vendors through automation of business tools.
- Successfully delivered business plan. Transitioned team into AT&T management. Scaled to meet volume increase.
- Managed logistics & operational facilities team of 25 people
- Improved team employee moral scores by 20% per corporate metrics.
- Managed $42M budget & 15 people responsible for >255 network facilities & data centers worldwide.
- Met 100% target in introduction of new facilities, < delivery time by 4 months (30%) & < labor saving of 18%.
- Managed global logistics team (10 people) that procured $100M annual capital.
- The team improved on time global delivery from 42% to 98%.
- Produced productivity savings of $4.2M through process automation with major vendors (e.g. Cisco).
- Finance support for strategic business plan creation. Guidance for $425M network & product launch prioritization.
Marketing Finance Manager
- Provided financial investment guidance & management for $250M global network management software
- Functionality enabled seamless global products, services & standards to be introduced into the portfolio
- Created business case to value ROI for multi $M investment
- Key player in marketing team that introduced:
- New products & services, created business case & pricing strategy that drove $0.5BN new revenue
- Built business case & pricing models to enable new product launch into international markets.
- Financial support for product launch team that launched services into North America, EMEA & Asian markets
- Enabled BT to extend reach into new markets & transform from 100% domestic based entity to global one.
- Business partner in multi $M internet backbone investment that became inflection point for internet growth.
Finance Planning & Analysis Manager
- Provided pricing support for customer solutions that generated $3.1M in new sales opportunities.
- Reduced customer bid lead times by 22% & improved win ratio through identification of key ROI metrics
- Improved margin contribution through reduced SG&A & cost of services
- Finance support for product management led turnaround that improved business unit profit margin by 9%.
- Created budgets, forecasts & product P&Ls. Reconciled billing & input resulting revenue & cost accrual journals.
- Reconciled general ledger balances to accounts payable liabilities, receivables & billing.
- Input revenue & cost accruals into general ledger on time