Information Technology professional with extensive IT help desk support and comprehensive troubleshooting experience. Expert in executive customer support, software troubleshooting, hardware repairs, software configuration, implementation, maintenance, and ITIL process documentation. Very responsible, accurate and punctual with strong technical, analytical, problem solving, communication and relationship management skills.
Hardware: Lexmark Forms Printers 2400 Series, 2580, 2591, 4227, Lexmark CS3110n, Lexmark MX810DE, Xerox WorkCentre7556, 6500/6600 Series, HP4050, HP4600, HP5SI Printers, HP8200 finger print scanners, MAC G4, G5, MacBook Pro, MacAir, iPhone, iPad, Black Berry PDA’s, Verizon AirCards, AT&T Sierra 890 AirCard, Dell E - Series laptops, Gateway desktops, Gateway LaptopsSoftware Applications Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Approval and Writer, Microsoft VPN, Remote Desktop, Parallels, SecuRemote, VMWare, ESX5.0, DameWare Mini Cisco VNC, Firepass VPN., Citrix Client, CrossTalk ICA Client, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, IBM AS400 Client, IBM ODBC Database Connections, Microsoft IE Browser, Firefox, Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, WordPress, HP Open view, Tivoli Netview, Veritas Backup, Visio Viewer, Word Perfect 5.1, 6.0, and 6.2, MS DOS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Lotus1-2-3, Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, Groupwise 7.2, Freelance Graphics, Harvard Graphics, CorelDraw, Super Project Expert, Paradox 4.5, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft SharePoint Services, Microsoft Dynamics-CRM, Certa, Workforce, Great Plains 10, FRx Report Writer, Crystal Reports, Info Linker, McAfee GroupShield, McAfee WebShield, Netscape browser, Paint Shop Pro, USA Staffing, Remedy Ticketing.
Operating Systems: Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, NT, Win9x, IBM iSeriesv.5 OS, Mac Mountain Lion, Ubuntu 14.04.
Servers: Microsoft Server 2008/2003/2000 , Apple OSX, Novell 8, Novell 6.5, Tomcat 4.x application servers.
Infrastructure: Hubs, racks, patch panels, punch blocks, cabling, line testing, toners, punch tools.
IT Consultant and Professional Driver
- Provide IT software and hardware support to local client small businesses.
- Upgrade older Microsoft 2010 software installs to Microsoft 365.
- Support clients remotely with IT issues by using Remote Desk Top and TeamViewer.
- Update, install, create, configure, and maintain end users Dell desktop/laptop hardware and desktop software.
- Contribute household financial support when children are at school by driving Uber and Lyft, with over 2000 successful customer drives.
Helpdesk Support Technician
- Supported MWAA Police, EMS and Fire Station personnel IT software/hardware, specialized airport tower control equipment and support the after - hours on call MWAA helpdesk call center.
- Gathered initial help desk issues from Authority employees, provide solutions, software and hardware repairs and support to tower systems and Police cruiser LPR license plate reader systems support.
- Performed workstation, laptop, general network, print server, printer hardware, specialized software, video camera hardware support, executive IT customer support, Citrix, Cisco IP Call Manager, and on-call after hour infrastructure support and problem resolution for all MWAA airport employees and support services on rotational basis at National and Dulles Airport.
- Experience with Service Desk, Remedy, SCCM console manager, System Center 2012 R2, Symantec endpoint, McAfee ePO, SolarWinds, Citrix Client, VPN, network support, and various remote Desktop assistance software packages.
- Provided hardware and software support for systems, including the mobile evidence gathering units in police cruisers, firehouse systems and air support tower systems.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, Security Suites, Windows 7, XP/Pro, Mac, Microsoft Office products, Cisco VOIP, Call Manager, and CUPC, with concentration on camera and IP phone systems.
- VCIN MBI - VA State Police clearance
- AOA driver license and AOA clearance
- OIG Confidential Security Clearance.
IT Sales Consultant
- Partnered solutions provider and sales affiliate with Gauntlet Data Security, EMC VNXe, DELL, and SYMANTAC.
- Gather initial system requirements from customers and work with sales partners to provide solution choices to support clients with software and hardware upgrades.
- Held technical and sales certificates for from partners to be able to make sales contacts and bids.
- Provide clients with information about various software packages and show proven value for considering implementing and upgrades.
Help Desk Support Specialist
- Capture and respond to a wide variety of desktop/laptop hardware and software issues within a Microsoft Windows 7 and MAC enterprise environment.
- Handled incoming help desk Remedy calls, setup Bloomberg terminals, responded to virus alerts, and created work orders for incidents and issues.
- Resolved incidents and assisted users both in person, remote desktop sessions, and phone customer service.
- Setup video and audio conference podium sessions for executive level government personnel using Audia Crestron HD Digital Media Distribution System.
- Communicate issues with COTR, and provide general assistance to other helpdesk technicians, end-user support operations, and escalate issues to system owners as needed.
- Independently conduct problem analysis and resolution for complex technical issues using all available resources available.
- Update, install, create, configure, and maintain end users Dell desktop/laptop hardware and desktop software.
- Create and delete new device accounts on BES server for Black Berry devices.
- Administrate, manage Cisco Call Manager devices Unity voicemail, and CUPC.
- Perform network and remote access user connection troubleshooting and resolution using Radmin viewer3, Citrix Client, VPN, and RDP.
- Troubleshoot, Install and repair Windows 7 operating system, install McAfee Endpoint encryption, perform system and software rollouts.
- Strong experience with Dell laptop hardware repair, software installations, and video and peripheral equipment setup in large capacity conference rooms.
- Great Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting wireless networks, WAP, wireless printers, wireless devices and wireless troubleshooting.
- Perform helpdesk after hours on call duties 7 days a month and provide remote support for large 24/7 work hour customer user base.
- Experience and knowledge in providing superior customer service and able to calm irate customers and satisfy their requirements under pressure.
- Setup Executive headquarters conference rooms for meetings and assists C-level and Executives with all IT needs during conferences and while traveling at bank examines and Senate hearings.
- Dependable, punctual, and flexible with schedule as needed.
- Ability to handle situations under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current OIG Public Trust Confidential Security Clearance
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Help Desk Support Specialist
- Operated, maintain and manage Tier 3 helpdesk in headquarters senior executive environment and provide daily network and end user support.
- Worked with other site technicians to ensure seamless IT and support services assistance.
- Acted as site ePO administrator, responsible for all levels of McAfee ePO workstation security auditing, recovery management, patch deployment, and security quarantines.
- Monitoring of entire organization's computer structure and automated system encryption and security using McAfee ePO including security and software updates, error reporting, problem identification and threat response and provide security risk management briefs to CSO.
- Maintained the ePO Database, Tree structure, Active Directory Synchronization, and created rules and exclusions for devices not managed by ePO.
- Applied custom Outlook mailbox optimizations and installed COM add-in to email accounts for Cisco Unity phone voicemail capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and administrate site Cisco Call Manager and Unity Phone messaging system.
- Setup and managed Cisco 7945 and 7975 phones, Polycom, VTC testing and secure meeting communications.
- Maintained BES BlackBerry Enterprise server and handle all aspects of BlackBerry PDA support and troubleshooting.
- Performed site server maintenance and image creation for workstations.
- Successfully researched, analyzed and resolved complex network issues associated with McAfee ePO, Dell laptops, Microsoft applications, domain controllers, Cisco router and switches, Black Berry BES server, Veritas backup, and Windows Active Directory in Windows XP Mac environment.
- Acted as a primary site responder to address Windows Server, Workstation, and various network system alerts and escalate security issues to CSO as appropriate.
- Acquire projects from CIO, CSO and FSO security officers to support site business security.
- Coordinated maintenance activities to keep all systems on supported security patch levels.
- Worked with our Engineering team to ensure their equipment and help desk needs are met.
- Utilized Track-IT trouble ticketing system to track network and workstation problems and resolutions.
- Followed specifications for equipment inventory acceptance handoff and complete equipment and site related paperwork.
- Participated in new install and remote site project tasks as needed.
Business System Analyst
- Provided IBM iSeries server, Mac, and Microsoft desktop support for DC law office CFO, CIO, CEO Attorneys and Accounting employees in a multifaceted position supporting Electronic Invoicing, data transfer control, financial processes and Lexmark 2580 forms printer programming.
- Supported legal Document Management System configurations including Hummingbird DM and Adobe Suite products integrated with Microsoft Office to provide Document Management services for law firm.
- Analyzed Help Desk work flow for trends to identify problem areas, improved business processes, made recommendations and reported IT work performed to CFO and CIO.
- Provided leadership and coordination of accounting department Help Desk (TSS) Technical Support Services.
- Assured new employees are fully trained on Vista, XP desktop, Elite, legal applications, word processing, Hummingbird, Document Management system, Office, MS Exchange, PowerPoint, VPN, Citrix, Certa payroll and any other desktop application question.
- Provided weekly TSS reports to the CFO and IT managers and ensured Help Desk technical support services are effective and timely.
- Solve problems and organize resources to meet the technical support needs of Attorneys and staff for all Firm software, systems, and DM document management.
- Operated and maintained a mixed network environment running Windows 2003 Server, XP workstations with TN3270 IBM iSeries Server connections provided to Accounting department employees.
- Provided solutions to Attorneys, Chief Financial Officer and staff on the use of electronic invoicing systems such as Elite and Serengeti.
- Supply support for iPhone and Blackberry data devices, Dell laptops, Intel desktops, VPN and Citrix for CFO and Accounting managers.
- Created new user accounts and administrated user folder and files rights on IBM iSeries server for accounting department employees.
- Organize and coordinate support from IT and Business Analysts to complete assignments and assist with remote support and Accounting department employees.
- Provided financial reports during yearly performance evaluation process of Attorneys, Associates and Legal Secretaries.
- Supported Certa Payroll and LexisNexis Billing system for firm invoicing functions and repaired system as needed.
- Created Crystal Reports IV Payroll reporting structures to integrate with Workforce Payroll reporting software for Payroll manager, HR and CFO.
- Setup web based electronic billing and invoicing for attorney and clients using a multitude of ssl secured websites and complex XML file formats.
Information System Specialist
- Served as Information System Specialist and provided Windows, Mac, MS Office software support and technical print services for 50 national sites and ships at sea.
- Performed the job responsibilities of the Information Systems Supervisor in his absence.
- Supported Microsoft Suite software and provided on call help desk assistance to emergency responders from National sites.
- Created documentation for helpdesk use for Wild Packets IP tools, desktop images and software inventory procedures.
- Installed, operated, and maintained a mixed network environment running Apple OSX, Linux servers combined with windows and Mac based laptops, iPhone, Treo, and Palm devices, VPN and Citrix.
- Assisted with corporate website development using PHP, SQL and Word Press.
- Supported Accounting department and Great Plains 8.0 server running on Windows 2000 advanced server platform.
- Provided wireless network security to headquarters office using OmniPeek and WildPackets software.
- Created and installed VeriSign certificates for Apple based mail servers and offsite workstations.
- Supported communication satellite system and helped build Cisco VOIP and data circuits in RV trailer for use during emergency operations.
- Created server shutdown and backup maintenance procedures for Microsoft 2000 Great Plains Server.
Network Support Specialist
- Served as a Network Support Specialist and provided desktop and printer support for Confidential, Financial Management Division.
- Responsible to report all daily work performed on the helpdesk to upper management and record all support calls using Support Magic and Remedy Helpdesk.
- Provided user support and training to large government installation.
- Managed help desk and installation teams and escalated or resolved any end-user issues.
- Created help desk documentation to install a standard desktop image on a government financial computer.
- Resolved server software install and configuration issues
- Provided support to VOIP video conference rooms for Visio PowerPoint users and provided secure communication using Remedy Encryption software, allowing secure communication between two parties over a network.
- Performed numerous PC hardware/software optimizations and corrected numerous desktop and network problems relating to Microsoft Office applications such as MS-Office 2003, Project 2003 and Access 2003 and Outlook Mail
- Supported Confidential online learning by assisting website managers with system support and connection issues provided authoritative technical advice and interpretation in response to inquiries.
- Provided a full range of client/server connectivity for a very demanding user community in a mixed Windows and Novell 6.5 LAN/WAN environment.
- Designed and maintained a library of Windows workstation images which have been delivered to hundreds of desktops
- Involved in the mass deployment of Windows XP operating systems using disk cloning, imaging, and parallel desktops.
- Acted as lead on Windows XP, Hyperion, and BRIO Install teams on Confidential site.
- Upgraded and installed program and security fixes and resolved issues.
- Supported financial management division software applications that link the Confidential to the United States Treasury.
- Created Hyperion and Brio installation procedures for Financial Management Division of Confidential .
Computer Support Specialist
- Provided second and third level desktop software and technical printer support for employees of the Farm Service Agency, Confidential, Washington D.C, in a Windows network environment. Performing daily network workstation technical support.
- Acted as Technical lead on FSA network and desktop operating system migrations during site logistical moves and in supervisor absence.
- Assisted and recommended strategies to migrate older Novell clients with Windows 95 operating system to Windows XP pro.
- Tested legacy applications on new Windows XP workstations and prepared a standard desktop image for network distribution to 1000+ workstations.
- Facilitated development of desktop security and patch management strategies.
- Assisted in deployment of Microsoft and Novell software updates and patch installations.
- Responsible for the day to day operations and administration of all computer systems, servers, and telecommunication equipment located onsite.
- Performed troubleshooting on Novell clients and Windows platform.
- Upgraded and installed Performance Management and Accounting software and trained users on agency applications.
- Maintained Support Magic help desk call tracking and inventory management system.
- Assigned the task of migrating 1000+ agency users to a new desktop configuration.
- Developed workstation migration proposal and submitted to upper management for approval.
- Served on a network migration team comprised of five network administrators; the goal of which was to design a new Netware tree and NDS structure, install new Netware 6.5 servers, and migrate users and resources from the current Netware 5 production servers.
- Analyzed and proposed solutions for NDS design, user migration, and application distribution.
- Served on an IT development team responsible for preparing network migration from a mixed Netware and Windows environment using GroupWise for email, to a pure Windows environment using Exchange.