Retail Shift Leader/truck Shipment Supervisor Resume
Linthicum Heights, MD
- I am a service - focused professional with management and leadership experience in a wide variety of settings looking for an opportunity to further develop these skills. Service experience includes delivery processing and management, retail floor management, customer issue resolution, cash handling and restaurant experience.
- Supervised a team of six sales associates as a retail shift leader. In this role, I manage employee scheduling and ensured that current promotions were emphasized by the sales associates, provided product knowledge training, and help the sales team meet sales goals.
- Also supervised the truck shipment team. As supervisor, I’m responsible for ensuring the timely and proper unloading and storage of food and retail items. The team consists of eight employees.
- Led several school projects involving three to five fellow students. This involved coordinated meeting times around each student's availability, dividing up work in a fair and equitable way, and ensuring that each project met the deadlines set by our professors.
- Served as the team captain on my high school wrestling team. This involved helping lead team practices, helping the other wrestlers on the team, and conflict resolution as well as assisting younger students with adapt to the high school environment.
- Experienced at setting up floor stock and processing inventory.
- Able to quickly learn current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Able to quickly learn and communicate product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations.
- Able to provide the highest level of service to customers. Experienced at answering questions from customers in a friendly manner as well as resolving customer issues.
- Cash handling experience includes cashier and server experience.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Familiar with Point-of-Sale (POS) systems
- Able to type 40 words per minute
Retail Shift Leader/Truck Shipment Supervisor
Confidential, Linthicum Heights, MD
- Serves as the retail shift leader for a team of six sales associates. Responsible for employee scheduling and sales goals, and resolving any employee or customer issues.
- Also serves as the supervisor of the truck unloading team. Responsibilities include managing the unloading of weekly shipments and the proper storage of the food and retail items, overseeing a team of six employees, and ensuring each delivery is 100 percent accurate.
- Other roles/skills include: cashier, merchandise handler, and to-go server.
- Attended both Confidential University and Confidential ’s Community College. Major was Mass Communications with a Minor in English Languages and Literature. The communication skills learned provide a communication foundation that helps me effectively communicate with customers and other employees.
- Over 60 credits completed.
- During this time, I took a year and a half off to assist my mother with her medical needs after she suffered a stroke.
Confidential, Laurel, MD
- Handled products and equipment in accordance with safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Replenished floor stock to ensure product availability for customers. Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Shared product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations.
- Worked as a team member to provide the highest level of service to customers.
- Fielded an average of 10 questions per day from customers.
- Informed customers about sales and promotions in a friendly and engaging manner.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes