Financial Analyst with experience in portfolio management and analysis, all phases of accounting and finance, administration and operational management involving financial planning, P&L statements, forecasting and budgets. Diversified, progressive experience in the analysis of financial data supporting decision making and solution-oriented results.
- Strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- P&L Statements/Analysis/Audit
- Cost (Job Order), Credit and Taxes
- Government Contracts
Confidential, Piscataway, New Jersey, 1997 - 2009 An international telecommunications corporation
Financial Analyst Prepared, reviewed and audited contract leases for billing, directly dealing with global account teams for both commercial and government.
- Ensured on a monthly basis that billing for a $200 million lease portfolio conforms to lease specifications and audit invoices before release to customer to ensure invoices matched the terms of the contracts.
- Prepared monthly management reports stating new installation leases, disconnected leases and modification leases for revenue accounting group for consolidated P&L.
- Evaluated and recommended an in-house database accessed by account teams to verify customer information meet contract terms.
- Implemented a documentation/support program for billing adjustments processed through a pre-billing system.
- Provide financial support and analysis to account teams for strategic business decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret monthly variance and trends between budgets, actual and prior results in developing projections and forecast.
- Calculated monetary exchange rates for invoices to foreign countries and prepared exchange rate schedule for treasury reporting.
Prior experience with:
Confidential (A retail catalog showroom) 1986 - 1997 Edison, New Jersey 08837
Financial Analyst (Budgets, Planning, P&L Statements) 1991 - 1997 Accounting Supervisor (3 staff accountants, General Ledger) 1986 - 1991
Confidential, 1979 - 1986 Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201
Senior Accountant (P&L Statements, Budgets) 1983 - 1986 Accountant (General Accounting, Inventory) 1979 - 1983
Education B.S Management Science (Accounting)
Certification CPA Candidate Advance Finance training (on-line) certification through New York University
SAP MS Excel MS Outlook MS PowerPoint MS Word Excel Spreadsheets Various Budget, P&L, Forecast software