- Experienced in supervising people, projects, and providing goal oriented direction to the incarcerated in minimum, medium, maximum and segregation settings.
- Excellent and effective communication oral and written communication skills honed by interactions with employees, V.I.P’s students, and information consumers.
- Extensive security knowledge and training to prepare incident reports, proactively responding to priority or short suspense actions in real time.
- Experienced in recognizing potential risk management situations, and proposing alternatives or means of corrective action.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with operational environments such as dispatch and information sharing centers.
Transportation Security Officer
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Support the mission of the transportation security agency by learning and performing all essential functions of passenger, luggage, and identity screening.
- Implement and perform imposter recognition, resolving all discrepancies or which occur with both passenger and luggage screening, enhancing the physical security of both the facility and that of the aircraft.
- Assure smooth flow of both passenger and cargo to facilitate effective commerce, communicating unresolvable anomalies to the supervising transportation security officer.
Seasonal Delivery Driver
Confidential, Frederick, MD
- Obtained Confidential corporate safe driving certifications, and ensured effective and prompt package delivery during the holiday season.
- Attended and completed the Confidential service academy.
- I was invited to return for the 2016 season.
Outside Direct Sales
Confidential, Frederick, MD
- Developed strategies for effective direct (door to door) sales of Scotts lawn applications and products.
- Assisting with the leadership and direction of the sales team. Of nearly 30 representatives in the market, I was in the top 5 highest performers.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Received prioritized incoming information regarding security and life safety concerns via telephone, text, and officer observations, taking immediate action where necessary and providing the chain of command with factual knowledge of incidents as appropriate.
- Dispatched officers to calls as appropriate and coordinate with outside agencies as needed, coordinating emergency activities during emergency situations and real life events. Conducted daily equipment and Continuity of Operations Planning Equipment checks to ensure equipment presence and readiness.
- Participated in and coordinated emergency planning drills such as Emergency Dispatch Center relocation drills.
- Monitored and responded to video surveillance cameras, security alarms, fire alarms, and building operational systems in a timely manner reporting critical information to internal and external authorities including Metro Police Department as required. Entered and tracked data into the computer aided dispatch system for data collection and analysis. This was done ensuring that both emergency responders, the chain of command, and outside agencies, where applicable, were provided adequate information to effectively respond to the emergency or call for service.
- Responsible for conducting student and staff background investigation inquiries, interpreting results from those inquiries and completed the associated data processing.
- Reviewed existing systems and procedures for emergency response, and made recommendations for additional procedures / directives
- Coordinated emergency event information to the chain of command consistent with Confidential 100 and Confidential 200 procedures both orally and in writing.
- Implemented principles of emergency management including span of control, chain of command, and notification of outside agencies regarding resources required.
- Participated in drills for continuity of operations planning (COOP).
- Ensured communication systems support connectivity and coordination between internal users, other agencies and critical users. Coordinated info sharing with appropriate vendors such as SIEMENS, or other security contractor in the event of a need for system repair. This also includes coordination of elevator technician in the event of malfunctioning elevators with community members inside.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Directed, oversaw, and provided physical security and protective services to ensure a safe and secure environment for Confidential community members (employees, staff, students, and visitors).
- Frequently communicated and successfully interacted with students, staff, faculty and guests.
- Actively pursued and detained suspects and conducted the initial investigation.
- Responsible for creating and submitting a case report with individual statements to my supervisors.
- Accurately and thoroughly prepared incident reports protecting confidentiality of involved community members as well as integrity and custody of evidence collected.
- Refined analytical and investigative skills by applying approved policy and approved practices to adapt to a variety of incidents.
- Provided verbal reasoning and re - direction to staff, faculty, and students during sensitive situations.
- Effectively communicated the necessary scene and patient information to the communication specialist.
- Obtained certification and authorization to conduct defensive tactics training for new recruits, trained and instructed new recruits, created and scored exams for new recruits regarding use of force matrix, arrest control, and intermediate weapon use. I created an alternate use of force exam with terminology introduced during training sessions, eliminated terminology present in the current exam form but not introduced to the trainees. This exam utilized metrics to verify knowledge and score trainees appropriately.
- Identified potential safety and risk management concerns, identifying appropriate parties, proposing solutions, followed up with appropriate parties when solutions were not evident, and the problems were not corrected. Identified factors common among reports to develop predictors for electronic property thefts using data from reports and performing statistical analyses.
- Developed a working knowledge of DC criminal laws, combined with University policy and regulations and guidelines to enforce them.
- Submitted reports regarding incidents to the chain of command, including after action recommendations and suggestions.
Unit Case Worker / Acting Case Manager
Confidential, Tecumseh, Nebraska
- Ensured security of housing unit for inmates of various levels of custody.
- Provided effective verbal direction to resolve daily conflicts between inmates in the housing unit, completing inmate classification paperwork, resolve clothing issue needs and inmate payroll / porter job duties continually.
- Maintained security of the housing unit through effective contraband detection, assuring housing unit sanitation and safety, and maintaining awareness of current and upcoming inmate concerns is another essential part of the position.
- Assisted in the initiation of investigation during contraband searches and other instances as needed.
- Provided security and transportation of inmates for transfer to other Confidential facilities, or other authorized travel orders, evaluating the travel for changing security concerns from arrival to departure, providing operational security.
- Reviewed inmate records for changes to custody classification, personalized plan reviews, propose suggested grievance responses.
- Provided leadership and direction for new hire Unit Case Workers
- Evaluated potential crisis and inmate conflict indicators for urgency, communicating time sensitive information to the Confidential as needed.
- Reviewed and evaluated and analyzed allegations of misconduct and documented them accordingly, referring them to the Confidential or Institutional Review Board as appropriate.
Technical Service Manager
Confidential, Laurel, MD
- Resolved customer disputes and concerns while maintaining company rapport with the customer. Assessed and implemented communication systems between technicians, parts ordering staff, dispatchers, and the customer, effectively lead others by a positive example.
- Coordinated communications and timelines with general contractors, sub-contractors, equipment manufacturers and customers to ensure that the customer’s goals were met.
- Responsible for leading a technical service department with up to 19 employees, coordinating new dental equipment installations with customers, sales representatives, and general contractors.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of monthly service department billing.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervision of service and installation coordinators, service and installation coordinators dispatching installation and repair technicians to customer sites across MD, DC and Northern, VA. Utilized knowledge of human resources policies and procedures to carry out supervisory and administrative activities. Accountable for the coordination and monitoring of budget and expense goals including fleet utilization, maintenance, and purchasing.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Coordinated the receiving, warehousing building and staging of commercial fitness equipment for delivery to the end user.
- This includes the hiring delivery drivers, warehouse and assembly personnel, forecasting upcoming deliveries, verification of order quality and completeness.
- Additional duties include ordering and receiving parts of incomplete orders and coordination with sales representatives and customers regarding delivery time frames while monitoring fleet management and maintenance needs.
- Hired, and Supervised the training of delivery and warehouse personnel
- Maintained delivery and warehouse vehicle fleet
- Supervised warehouse personnel and provided technical support to drivers regarding delivery.
- Verified the completeness and accuracy of order information including the destination facility layout and the requirement of notification and drivers’ information for US Government installation clearance.
- Provided “Plan B” solutions when weather and other uncontrollable external factors affected delivery timeliness.
Confidential, Leesburg, VA
- Communicated knowledge of computer communication links between software and input/output devices which regulate access control devices and Confidential devices.
- Responsible to determining the feasibility of electronic security devices based of specifications of the device and the intended use and requirements of the end user as specified in bid proposals and technical drawings.
- Reviewed designs and inspected installations, inspecting new and existing security plans to ensure safeguards are implemented. The types of installations performed ranged from smaller access control needs from 4 to 24 doors, to complete installation security for environments such as correctional facilities and courthouses.