- 17+ years of experience with strong technology leadership, Information architecture, Business Intelligence, application development, strategic organizational planning, team - building, and program/project management skills. Resident go-to person and expert for analysis and solutions.
- Extensive experience working as an architect drawing the IT strategy and roadmap to simplify the architecture landscape, building the Competency Centers along with Business stakeholders focusing on EDW, Business Intelligence, Data governance and stewardship.
- Specialties include driving multiple game changing cost-reduction initiatives (technology leadership, timelines, planning and execution) with emphasis on B2C, Business Intelligence and EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) with onsite-offshore model resulting in significant cost savings through process and tools automation.
- Successful implementation of 25+ production applications in the MDM/BI/B2C/B2B Data warehouse space with enterprise-level systems/3rd party integration.
Development Tools: Microsoft Project, Clarity, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Rational Rose, Enterprise Search Endeca 6.0, SharePoint, Web services, Hadoop, Teradata, Micro Strategy
Software Methodologies: RUP, Agile
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.5, Power Exchange
BI Tools: SAS 9.2, Cognos 8, OBIEE
Databases: Oracle 11g, SQLServer, DB2
Data Modeling: OLTP/OLAP Modeling, Erwin, Visio Pro
Information Management Consultant
- Led end to end delivery of medical data cloud projects (MDC-FLEET and MDC-PODS ( Confidential Operational Data store) in Confidential - Oracle, Informatica, Informatica Data Services.
Director - IT
- Worked directly with different business stakeholders to understand the data and BI landscape, performed thorough portfolio analysis for synergies and cost efficiencies and put together an IT roadmap focused on Data and BI.
- Developed a 3 year roadmap and calculated ROI for the program portfolio which included building new applications based on the streamlined architecture & strategy and decommission and retire some of the existing systems yielding overall cost savings and efficiencies.
- Led the execution of roadmap (delivery, decommissioning and retiring) for Data and BI projects in the portfolio and communicated daily status to CIO and the other senior leadership team.
- Negotiated software purchases and consulting services totaling more than $7M+; initiated, developed, and maintained relationships with business partners, software consultants, and professional services vendors, ensuring alignment among businesses needs and IT leadership.
- Led the RFP process for vendor selection for $6 million data strategy initiative which included initiating the RFP, working with vendors directly on Q/A, evaluating the RFP responses and decision making with multiple stakeholders based on the score card.
- Built and re-architected the Enterprise Data Warehouse aligned with the vision and roadmap to migrate existing warehouse from DB2 platform to Teradata enabling real time marketing capability from business perspective.
- Led a team of 30+ employees and contractors, including project and technical managers, architects, developers and testers with an annual budget of approximately $9 million.
- Led data governance, data stewardship and data conversion programs enterprise-wide to include staffing, automated tools, and organizational changes.
Director - Technical Delivery
- Led the delivery of an online collaboration tool RIM (Risk Information Management) DigiWiki to build the foundational digital knowledge with new infrastructure (first on-premise SharePoint installation).
- Drove Hadoop and knowledge management portal strategy in strong collaboration with the business to promote bottom-up innovation in Confidential .
Sr. Manager - IT
- Successfully established the COE, built the team for Data Management discipline and created processes to drive BI maturity and data management practices.
- Led the architecture, design and delivery of Enterprise warehouse and BI dashboards.
- Improved team efficiency by 40% via the establishment of standardized development and estimation templates and procedures.
- Facilitated the web share growth from 15% to 45% by leading and designing enterprise search engine at RCI, one of the foundations for better user experience and future online growth across the globe.
- Introduced guide navigation search on RCI.com, improving the member experience and increasing web online share from 13% to 45%.
- Led the EDW and Rules Engine strategy to migrate business rules away from legacy to ilog in the Rules management system resulting in cost saving of approx 500K per month.
- Achieved $250K cost saving and 30% reduction in call center calls per month by delivering a robust notification engine in SOA to members in North America and Europe
- Integrated through web services with different vendors (Merrill and E-dialog) for email and direct mail notification.
- Established cross-functional relationships with IT and business and directed all requirements gathering, data analysis and documentation for this project to centralize the property data into MDM, a single system of record with advanced data syndication capabilities.
- Established the technical direction for building Master Data Management system for managing RCI property information by facilitating several JAD sessions.
Confidential, Redwood shores, CA
Senior Principal Consultant
- Performed various roles from Enterprise Data architect to Database design and development leveraging various technologies such as Oracle Database, Oracle text, Informatica and Java.