- Over 20 years of progressive project management experience in both agile and traditional methodologies and adept in delivering business value by organizational transformation, merging technology with business and proven leadership, entrepreneurial vision and relationship management expertise
- Confidential is a certified and seasoned enterprise agile coach having 8+ years of experience in agile adoption, standing up new teams and transforming organizations from waterfall methodology to scaling agile in large enterprises. His forte lies in Scrum, XP and Kanban and utilizing SoS, Less and the SAFe frameworks to reap great ROI benefits for his clients. He has worked with teams that are collocated as well as distributed teams using ALM tools like Agile JIRA, RTC, TFS and Collabnet. He is well versed with a variety of engineering practices like TDD, BDD, Test automation and Continuous Integration.
- Having 20+ years of IT experience as a developer, tester, project manager, deliver manager, scrum master, trainer and coach, Confidential aids organization by partnering with management teams and leading, coaching, training and mentoring software development and product teams with mastery to grow individuals in different agile roles and artfully facilitating ceremonies with the effective use of artifacts and metrics.
- Confidential has a rich international exposure having consulted in the Americas, Europe and India where he has successfully demonstrated applying different agile models in successfully transitioning from waterfall methodology to continuous delivery. He has also trained 500+ participants on various agile topics. Additionally, he comes equipped with the CSM, CSPO, CSP certifications from the Scrum Alliance, PSM - 1 from Scrum.org, SP from The Scaled Agile Academy, Confidential from the International Consortium of Agile Professionals, PMP from the Project Management Institute, ATM from CMMI and is very passionate in making every client successful in their agile journey.
- Successfully transitioned organizations from waterfall to agile environment increasing the number of features delivered per major release by 25% while at the same time saving the company time and money by reducing the overhead costs by 15% and increasing development productivity by 30%
- Prepared and conducted training to more than 1000 participants on various agile topics like Scrum 101, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Agile Planning and Estimation, User story writing and splitting
- Set up a PMO and standardized processes for reducing project delivery time by 15% thereby saving costs and improving the profit margin required by the company for its next level of global expansion.
- Directed an organizational realignment plan which was implemented by the executive leadership to improve customer excellence by 10% within 90 days of implementation.
- Re-implemented a critical project bringing it to a successful close after being over in terms of both budget and time with minimal subsequent loss and resulting in the softening of the negative press release by the high profile customer and the basis of the settlement of the civil action suit.
- Delivered a wide range of successful projects having team size of 25+ FTEs and budgets of Confidential 50 MM.
- Created cost savings of 30% by leading an off-shoring initiative focusing on development activities from USA to India
- Championed new product launches resulting in Confidential 40 MM of new sales and negotiated strategic partnerships that produced revenue streams of Confidential 60 MM.
- Orchestrated projects to improve operational efficiencies by 8% and cost savings of Confidential 6 MM and implemented best practices to improve customer satisfaction by 500 basis points.
- Championed an organization to move to cmmi level 2 maturity leading to process efficiencies of 20% and increased sales by 15% within 6 months of the certification. Also participated as the ATM in the appraisal process.
- SDLC Methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Less, SAFe)
- Change Management & Organization Strategy
- Business Analysis, Budget Management, P&L Accountability
- PMI, CMMI and ITIL Best Practices
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Marketing, Pre-Sales and RFP
- Risk Planning & Expectations Management
- Process & Product Management
- Business Process Reengineering
- BI and Performance Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- PMO Setup and Staff Augmentation
- Enterprise Package Implementation
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD, SAFe, Less, RUP, DMAIC, Waterfall
Project Management: Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint, Box, Rational Portfolio Manager, VersionOne, ScrumWorks, X-Planner, Rational Team Concert, IBM JAZZ Tools, Greenhopper, Confluence, Rally, JIRA Agile, Team Foundation Server, Collabnet
Requirements Management: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Requirement Composer
Software Configuration Management: Rational ClearCase, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, PVCS, SVN
Testing Tools: Quality center, WinRunner, LoadRunner, JIRA
Operating Systems: MS-Windows, MS-Vista, UNIX (AIX,HP-UX, Sun-Solaris
Databases: MS-Access, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS-SQL Server
Software: ILOG, SAP MDM, BW, i2, Manugistics, JDA, Business Objects, Hyperion Essbase
Confidential, Boston, MA
Digital Sr. Agile Team Coach
- As part of the digital initiative, my responsibilities included championing agile across multiple teams, supporting teams through the agile transition, implementing and continually improving their agile practices while ensuring consistency of approaches across multiple teams. Involved in standing up new teams, supporting existing teams, assessing agile readiness and maturity and coaching teams to a higher level of maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Providing agile specific learning and development through individual and team coaching, classroom and on the job training, workshops and offsites to all actors and management levels in the organization, enabling teams address organizational impediments and adopt agile values, principles and best practices.
- Mentoring Scrum masters, remove impediments and facilitating different ceremonies until that responsibility is transferred successfully to the Scrum Master and Team.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Confidential is a fortune 100 financial services company that is the leading retirement provider for people who work in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields.
- I was hired by the development manager of the Model T initiative as part of the mobility initiative program.
- As an agile coach I was mentoring scrum masters and agile teams and created various process improvement initiatives which was readily accepted and implemented by management.
- I implemented other agile practices like Kanban, Continuous integration and automated testing.
- Conducted training workshops from management to Individual contributors on agile and scrum processes.
- I also created the agile dashboard which was used by senior management on a daily basis in decision making.
- I also had additional responsibilities of leading 2 scrum teams
- (initiate and manage) and I participated in all the scrum ceremonies including release and sprint planning, standups, review and retrospectives and the scrum of scrums call.
- I was also responsible for resource allocations and balancing demand and capacity.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Collaborated to create Topaz to position the companies to meet the new market demands required by a fast-changing health insurance landscape.
- As part of the initiative, I was working with North Carolina Topaz Integration office as a Scrum Master for all the portal teams implementing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for multiple PSIs.
- I was also an active representative of the product council meetings, Scrum of scrums and collaborated in Agile coaching for Confidential and conducted scrum training.
- I Created and mentored other agile process initiatives like Kanban and XP.
- Additional responsibilities included project cost estimation and forecasting, tracking actuals and reporting of project financials to management and interacted with the PMO for all aspects of project governance.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Enterprise Agile Coach
- Confidential provides software as a service e-commerce solutions.
- As part of its recent IPO and ongoing productivity initiatives, I was directly hired by the Confidential to function as the agile coach for its software engineering division to transition the company from waterfall to scrum methodology.
- This involves creation and implementation of the transition roadmap and development of scrum best practices along with other agile practices like Kanban, XP and Lean Programming.
- I conducted various training workshop on scrum practices vertically in the organization.
- Additional responsibilities include serving as Scrum master for the different scrum teams leading the sprint planning, daily stand ups, backlog grooming, review and retrospective and mentoring other scrum masters for successful sprints.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Project Manager
- Project manager in the Global Fulfillment Solution Initiative(GFSI) which serves as the bank’s global platform for the origination, fulfillment and the implementation of all treasury, depository and credit products globally.
- Primary focus was on implementation and change management of treasury products and services including Wires, Confidential, CashPro Online and involved BPR including STP, MSA introduction and cycle time reductions and adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements. Introduced agile in the project development and carried out the functions of the scrum master.
- Also managed all aspects of the project from initiation to closure following PMI best practices.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Project Manager
- Confidential is a California specialty home improvements retailer and in 2008 began their revamp of their supply chain operations including simultaneous upgrade and implementation of additional supply chain software.
- I was part of the core project management team directly involved in all stages of the SDLC for the successful implementation of the first release of the demand management module.
Confidential, Tustin, CA
- As part of the acquisition, I was directly involved in the migration of Confidential bank’s data center to Confidential ’s data center.
- The migration is intended to standardize Confidential bank’s system to the Confidential ’s standard and improve the overall support and maintenance of the Confidential ’s systems.
Confidential, New York, NY
- As a project manager, I was tasked with the expansion of the existing solution to Pre-Fill Forms for opening personal Active Assets Accounts ( Confidential ) and IRA Accounts for high net worth individuals.
- This was part of Confidential Confidential ’s Client on-boarding experience for Clients, Financial Advisors ( Confidential ), Client Service Associates ( Confidential ), Branch Managers, and Operations Personnel yielding significant tangible and non-tangible benefits.