OBJECTIVE My goal is to secure a career opportunity within a software development environment as a Human Factors Professional. I am most interested in companies that demonstrate a strong commitment to user-centered design (UCD) methodologies and are planning to adopt, or currently operate within an agile development process.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
I have over 10 years of software development human factors/usability work experiences including the following:
- Human Factors Consultant (2010 - Present), Confidential, S. Sioux City, NE. Over the past year, I have provided HF and usability consulting services to GWCC, a motor carrier insurance underwriting company. Services include: usability design recommendations and prototypes for internal business intelligence applications (Loss Analysis and Executive Dashboard) developed in QlikView creation of UI design prototypes for Sales Agent and Safety Representative (IBM WebSphere) portals; development of information architecture and visual design prototypes for Safety Services Motor Carrier Survey.
- UCD Training Director (2006 - 2008), Confidential, Fairfield, IA. Responsible for the instructional design, implementation, delivery, and continuous improvement of HFI's Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) training curriculum.
- Human Factors Consultant (2003 - 2006), Confidential, Kansas City, MO. Provided user-centered design (UCD) and evaluation consulting services to desktop (.NET) and Web software development teams within the mutual funds recordkeeping software sector; products supported include: FANWeb, TRACWeb, Subaccounting, Third-Party Administrator (TPA) & IBM WebSphere Client portal application.
- Human Factors Engineer (1997 - 2000), Confidential, N. Sioux City, SD. Provided human factors and usability support for internal and third-party software products, including: Gateway.net (v2.0); PC Doctor; Detto Data Migration Manager; Hauppauge! TV Tuner interface, and, AOL ISP customization to Gateway standards; also previously served as Human Factors engineer (1 year) for Gateway laptop/portable products.
User Research User stories & test scripts; workflow and use case analysis; user interviewing techniques; user profile & satisfaction surveys; user persona development; card sort methodologies.
User Interface & Product Design Information architecture; wire frame development; user interface prototyping; navigation structure design; visual design; United States Patent. (November 26, 2002). Quick Removal Accent Panels on the Computer Case. Patent ID: US 6485119B1; United States Patent. (November 23, 2004). Site Home Navigation Control. Patent ID: US 6,823,330B1.
Usability Evaluation Heuristic evaluation; usability testing; 'think aloud' methodology; focus group; a-b testing; statistical analysis.
Business Documentation Skills User interface requirements documentation; user interface design documentation; usability test plan; usability test participant screener (selection survey); usability test facilitator, observer, and participant guides; usability test reporting; project scoping documentation; statement of work documentation.
Interpersonal Skills Written communication skills; oral and presentation skills; cross-team functioning; ability to plan, organize and execute work independently; attention to detail; customer-centered focus; ability to influence executives and managers; ability to work with and manage vendor relationships; excellent consulting skills; simultaneously manage multiple projects.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Ph.D., HF Psychology.
- M.S., I/O Psychology.
- B.S., Industrial Psych.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Usability Professional's Association (UPA)
- ACM - SIG CHI