Seeking a position in an organization that provides me ample opportunity to explore and excel in the field of Infotainment Validation and testing while carving out the niche for personal, professional as well as organizational goals.
- Around 3 years of experience in working with Automotive Infotainment testing, verification and validation for On - Bench and In-Vehicle testing.
- Expertise in testing infotainment domains such as Multi-media, Navigation, Bluetooth, Radio and Car Projections.
- Expertise in performing Functional, Smoke, Regression, Sanity Testing, Black box Testing
- Expertise in executing test cases of different infotainment modules following given pre-conditions, test steps and test description and verifying if expected results are obtained.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Validation phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Familiar with V-model, Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Intensive knowledge on communication protocols such as CAN, LIN.
- Hands on experience with Vehicle Spy and sound knowledge on CANoe
- Performed diagnostic services to read DTC's, DID's, PID's and to clear DTC's as well.
- Working experience on diagnostics functions using UDS Protocol (ISO 14229) and their service codes.
- Proficient in "Effective Root cause analysis" with analytical ability to solve complex problems. Expertise in Requirement traceability.
- Considerable amount of experience with bug tracking and reporting tools such as JIRA, RTC Jazz.
- Good exposure to IBM Rational DOORS for maintaining and updating test cases with requirements.
- Knowledge on ADAS features and OTA (Over the Air).
- Ability to work in groups as well as independently with minimum supervision and initiative to learn modern technologies and tools quickly.
Communication Protocols: CAN, LIN
Diagnostic Tools: Vehicle Spy, CANoe, CANalyzer
Bug Reporting Tools: JIRA, BUGZILLA
Utility Tools: IBM DOORS, MS-Office Suite
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
Simulation Tools: Basic MATLAB/Simulink.
Scripting Language: Basic Python
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Infotainment Validation Engineer
- Developed and modified test cases for testing various infotainment features and performed corner and negative test cases along with positive test cases.
- Responsible for executing test cases of Navigation, Media, Connectivity, Voice Recognition.
- Performing in vehicle and On Bench testing for some features of navigation such as Populating Traffic Icons on MAP, POIs, Dead Reckoning, One Shot Destination Entry, Audio Integration, On-Route & Near-by Traffic List Handling, Address books, Auto Zoom, Alerts, Gas Stations selection.
- Validation of Navigation Software and Map Databases with test drives in major areas.
- Executing the sanity test cases for the weekly build releases followed by functionality and Regression Testing.
- Execute various diagnostic services like Read DTC, Clear DTC, Read PID, Read DID, and Run Diagnostics Routines.
- Analyzed and verified requirements to make sure that test cases assigned are relevant to the requirements.
- Mapping of Test cases and Test results to requirements ID in Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM).
- Performing Black box testing on Head unit for checking the functionality of portable device with help of Bluetooth, Aux and USB.
- Understanding of In Vehicle Networking Protocols Such as CAN. Knowledge on MOST.
- Retrieving Vehicle Configuration of ECUs and DTCs from Vehicle using Intrepid Vehicle Spy (Neovi Tool).
- Performing smoke, system level, sub-system, functional, regression, In-vehicle testing.
- Timely update of software in Head Units in both Vehicle and Bench using USB sticks and SD cards when needed.
- Report & log issues into a bug tracking system using RTC Jazz, including track files and necessary steps to recreate.
Infotainment Test Engineer
- Performed testing for infotainment domains such as Bluetooth Connectivity and Radio.
- Involved in analysis of user requirement specification & functional specifications for building test cases.
- Performed in vehicle testing for Bluetooth profiles such as HFP, AVRCP, A2DP, PBAP, SPP using IOS, Windows and Android devices.
- Performing detailed analysis of the Bluetooth using a BT Sniffer to detect the problems in the Bluetooth
- Pre-Integration tester for features like Radio and Bluetooth.
- Perform black box testing on Radio(AM/FM) features.
- Performed functional testing manually and constructed positive and negative test cases as per requirements.
- Hands on experience with collecting CAN logs and analyzing logs using NEOVI hardware tool and Vehicle Spy3.Sound Knowledge on CANoe.
- Determined the root cause of issues found during integration testing and documented them .
- Performed updates to vehicle software and performed additional regression testing.
- Performed smoke tests, intensive testing and functional regressive testing to meet customer deadlines.
- Identify bugs and reporting bugs into the bug tracking system with supporting log files and data using JIRA
- Worked with multiple teams in building better test routine to capture all possible test cases to avoid failing at customers after production release.
- Ensured the test reports to be detailed, comprehensive and accurate for easy analysis on the bug issue for developers.
- Attended scrums to discuss about the daily testing updates on the daily integration builds.