Seeking a senior information system position that allows me to use my extensive experience and broad skill sets to resolve complex problems.
A well - educated system engineer with two decades of extensive and progressive experience in enterprise network systems planning, design, implementation, operations, and optimization.
Network Management: HP Openview Network Node Manager and Operation Manager, BMC tool suite, CiscoWorks, Orion SolarWinds, NetScout, Opnet, Wireshark; Certificated by ITIL.
Network & Network Systems: Hands-on Cisco networking experience in large enterprise data centers, and remote sites; Demonstrated experience in Red Hat Linux, Solaris/UNIX, Windows; DNS/DHCP; knowledge of enterprise network security; VoIP; Certificated by CCNA & CCNP.
Programming and Database: Experienced with Perl, C/C++; UNIX in network data collections; Project in CMDB, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgre, and Data Warehouse.
Enterprise File Management: Axway B2Bi File exchange tool, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, and other business critical file exchange tools.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Infrastructure Service Analyst Advisor
- Axway Enterprise B2Bi support, including platform tuning, automation implementation, and daily platform support.
- Axway Sentinel system support, implement correlation, and monitoring requirements.
- Tidal Enterprise Scheduler support, including job requirement collection and job setups.
- Familiar with file exchange protocols, and tools, such as SFTP, FTP, FileZilla and IPSwitch.
- Worked with BAs, internal and external partners to determine the scope of the file exchange projects, test the connections on multiple platforms (Mainframe, Unix, Linux, Windows, file servers, DB Servers, etc.), implement the file transfer solutions, and ongoing supports.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Network, eCommerce and applications fault and performance monitoring strategy, architecture, tools rational analysis, deployments, and support.
- Projects in enterprise monitoring tools’ upgrade and reengineering like SolarWinds and NetScout, including large enterprise data center solutions with TAP, Probe and APCON packet aggregation switches in datacenter and remote sites. Monitoring projects in BMC tools like Transaction Management Applications Response Time (TM ART), Performance Manager Portal and Patrol.
- Experienced with BMC suite, CA Wily, NetScout, InfiniStream, SolarWinds, Windows, Linux, AIX, Cisco switches and routers and enterprise network infrastructures including two datacenters, web tiers and thousands remote sites in MPLS, and other WAN connections.
HP Network Consultant
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Contractor in eCommerce business domain. Monitored and operated three data centers, including Cisco routers and switches, load balancers, firewalls, and other network components.
- Tools included eHealth, Netcool, Sitescope, TeaLeaf, Checkpoint, ProactiveNet, Tivoli, QIP, etc.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Systems Monitoring Engineer
- System integration experience with HP OpenView NNM, OM and Service Manager (SM); Telalert; AlarmPoint; and other applications.
- Project lead in migration from NNM 7.5x to NNMi 8.1x on Windows 2003 and then 9.0 on Windows 2008 with LDAP access using AD, WMware, SCOM, database backup management, HA cluster failover, and DR plan.
- Enterprise systems monitoring strategic development, and incident & problem management. Experienced in working with many cross-functional teams, and different level peoples.
- Network device data collections by using SNMP, Bash, and Perl shell programming. Standardized switches’ IOS images and configurations. Finally saved millions for the organization.
- DNS/DHCP server and Nortel’s NetID system administrator. Redesigned DNS name systems and created the name convention, which allowed inventory, dashboard, notification systems, CMDB, and other applications to be seamlessly integrated.
- Networking experience in Cisco Catalyst 6500, 3500xl, 3550 and 3750, Aironet 12xx wireless access point; Some Nortel Switches; Experienced in OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, SNMP, LAN and WAN, and many other typical features.
- 24x7x365 network support for the networks used by 70,000 end users, almost 100 remote sites, and two data centers.
Confidential, Murfreesboro, TN
- Installed laboratories’ software, hardware, instruments and equipment and resolved students’ problems in analog/digital circuits, microprocessor, Computer-Assisted Drafting and Design, computer network, automatic manufacturing (PLC) and control systems classes.
- Designed and installed the network infrastructure for the computer network lab.
- Partially designed, wired and demonstrated Servo control system and stepper motor control system controlling by LabView.
- Experienced in MATLAB, Multisim, Electronics Workbench, PLC, and AutoCAD.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Developed a flexible microphone to capture the source of sound in Sound Processing System Project group. Completed the principle research and then wrote research report.