Degreed engineer with over 20 years of practical experience in areas of operations management, project management, product engineering, product development, safety engineering, engineering management, and quality. Hands - on problem solver, results-oriented, innovative and creative, customer-focused, strong team player, reliable and accountable, with excellent communication skills. Earned several patents.
- Operations Management, Engineering Management, Project Management, Quality Management
- Consumer products, product design, development, and production, DFMA
- Injection molding, blow and rotational molding; thermoforming; metal forming, casting
- Scheduling, procurement, facilities management, international shipping/receiving, inventory control
- SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat
Confidential, Lake Forest, IL
- Managed injection molding, assembly, and packaging operations of manufacturing plant employing up to 100 full-time employees and producing up to 24 million projectiles per year.
- Reprioritized and realigned staffing to increase production capacity by 30% with minimal cost impact.
- Streamlined purchasing, inventory control, shipping, and receiving functions.
- Managed doubling of annual production volume while meeting order due dates and 100% customer satisfaction.
Confidential, Westmont, IL
- Master project manager on process-improvement projects for McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy Safety System, producing 1.4 billion toys per year.
- Successfully manage projects including development of qualified materials process and list, restricted substances list, system safety specifications manual, raw-material specifications, lab-capabilities study.
Confidential, Des Plaines, IL
Technical Services Manager
- Managed staff of Technical Service Engineers, Field Applications Engineers, and Lab Technicians.
- Oversaw testing and evaluations of new products.
- Created detailed technical documents to support agents and customers.
Confidential, Arlington Hts., IL
Quality Director, Safety Engineering Manager, Senior Safety Engineer
- Successfully managed accounts of several Fortune 500 consumer-products manufacturers, helping them design their products to reduce potential injuries and recalls.
- Led global training of customers and their suppliers on principles of safe product design.
- Managed team of safety engineers charged with developing new accounts.
- Led the successful opening of a new consumer-goods testing laboratory, staffing up to 100 employees, with annual revenues over $5 million.
- Directed successful ISO 17025 accreditation process.
Confidential, Schiller Park, IL
Manager of Product Engineering
- Managed successful development of products for Sears Craftsman tool line, responsible for budget of $2 million, including capital equipment and sourced components. Reduced planned expenses by $400,000. Product was featured on a Bob Vila infomercial. Patent awarded.
- Invented concept and managed development of Multi-grip Holding System, combining features of one-handed bar clamp and portable vise. Patents awarded.
- Created department of Product Engineering, hiring and managing staff of six engineers.
Confidential, Arlington Hts, IL
Product Development Engineer
- Invented and developed industry-leading self-contained emergency eyewash stations. Multiple patents awarded.
- Invented emergency decontamination shower and accessories. Patent awarded.
- Developed line of products for incidents involving potential bloodborne pathogen contamination.