- More than 10 years progressive operation accountant and Confidential experiences
- 7+ years financial planning& analysis position that involved budget and forecast preparation cross function support across 7 countries and 3 regions;
- 4+ years manufacture operational accountant that involved material usage/labour/overhead variance analysis, PPV etc;
- 5+ years professional accountant experience in multi - national companies, handling General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collection, Reconciliation, Reporting, and Auditing
- Finance leader of Confidential ( Confidential requisition) verification; CI (Continuous improvement) and Manufacture Saving project
- Advanced level for of Microsoft Office Suites - Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Power Point; and User for various accounting software and analysis tools: Oracle, SAP, Visual Info, Hyperion, Oracle Discoverer, IBM Cognos etc.
- Bilingual: fluent in English and Mandarin
- Manufacture operation finance project leader for continuous improvement, savings project and Confidential
- Catalogued 7-year income and expense history to create company’s first comprehensive financial report
- Reduced month-end closing time from 4 days to 3 days by building sophisticated Excel spreadsheets to capture timely financial data - a first for the company
- Represented finance department in a cross functional ‘Oracle System Conversion Project’ and provided the follow-up software trainings to finance department system users
- Increased sales forecast accuracy from 60% to 75% by conducting comprehensive data analysis
- Reduced 2% annual sales expenditure (equivalent to USD 60K) by extensively analyzing different spending dimensions and kept in compliance with headquarter goal in ‘2008-2010 recession”
- Awarded ‘World-Wide Business Partnership Award” for successfully collaborating with corporate colleagues cross-function & regions to deliver budget before the deadline in 2010
- Awarded ‘Finance Quarterly Excellence Award” for continuous delivering the qualified tasks ahead of schedule in 2008
- Received “RBC Foundation Bursary” for demonstrating outstanding commitment and academic achievement in Seneca College in 2014
Sr. Cost Accountant
- Report and analyze manufacturing variances: Labor, Overhead, Absorption, Material Usage, Scrap, PPV, and all other production variances.
- Prepare and analyze monthly Inventory, Inventory reserve and Warranty reserve
- Lead and coordinate the annual development of standard costs in ERP system by working with Supply Chain, Mfg. Engineering groups.
- Perform month end close process including journal entries and account analysis.
- Coordinate physical inventory cycle count, monitor inventory snapshots before and after inventory and analyze the discrepancies.
- Prepare and coordinate transfer pricing for all legal entities.
- Review Bill of Material structure and routers for accuracy prior to setting standard cost for the release of new products.
- Prepare the annual inventory revaluation (standard cost roll-up)
Plant Cost Accountant
- Operation finance leader for capital expenditure project; continuous improvement and savings projects to support operation team and plant managers.
- Accurately report operation material usage variance, labour variance and overhead variance and analyze the collected data to find out the root cause;
- Inventory management (finished goods; WIP and ingredient) - month end reconciliation and cycle count result analysis;
- Managing the conceptual costing; standard costing process for all production lines for 3 plants
- Leading various aspects of the costing, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Preparing analytical reports such as trend analysis, selling price analysis, sales bridges and sales and margin analysis by customer and products
- Developing and preparing various KPI reports for sales, production, logistics, inventory etc.
- Oracle key user to lead the full process from manufacture to financial reporting;
- Leaded 3 frozen bakery plants month end financial closing, cost variance analysis, period end management reports process;
- Analyzed and interpreted the direct production cost (DPC) variance to production management team;
- Conducted sophisticated overhead spending analysis to accurately make accruals for all plants at month end;
- Provided trainings to operation clerk to accurately prepare daily operation report (production waste; material usage; labour etc.)
- Lead for 2 Business Units in Maple Leaf Foods(Pork, Prepared Meat) weekly and monthly reports which included hedge accounting - foreign exchange (FX), market to market (MTM) Journal Entries; C3 internal control processes; FX, MTM Forecast and Actual reports;
- Prepared the month end schedules and management control report (MCR), Net Working Capital analysis;
- Redesigned FX Summary Actual/Forecast report - Reduced working spreadsheets from 6 to 1.
Financial Business Analyst
- Led USD $60 million regional sale budget and forecast - 45% of World-Wide Business Unit Revenue
- Analyzed sales data from various perspectives (region, country, individual, and product group) to identify insights for performance evaluation
- Projected Quarter-to-Date, Year-to-Date sales trend on weekly basis at quarter end & year end and supported senior manager accurately project the revenue achievement
- Consolidated research agency market projection into business plan and supported senior manager in next 5-year business plan
- Oversaw revenue cutoff procedures at quarter end to ensure revenue recognition properly & accurately for the period
- Managed the partnership with manufactory, supply chain departments to ensure revenue recognition in compliance with SOX standards
- Conducted financial analysis to support senior leadership with developing the new business opportunity of more than USD $4 million over the next 2 years
- Allocated company resources strategically to maximize expenditure utilization and efficiency
- Improved spending reports to enhance clarity of expenses and increased efficiency for budget preparation
- Analyzed financial reports and prepared flexible budget, Investigated variances and gaps between the projection and actual performance
- Conducted trends analysis, ratio analysis to explain the future business trends
- Collaborated with different supporting functions and improved sales order process efficiency
- Managed full cycle of AR / AP/ Fixed Assets and large volumes of inventory
- Prepared journal entries, month end recurring and adjustment entries and completed the accounting schedules
- Reviewed the account details and reconsolidated the monthly accrual journals; Collaborated actively with different departments to solve the process issues; Retrieved and analyzed the financial statements before reports being finalized; Handled with various audits, including annual statutory audit and internal audit