Direct financial and information system activities of the company by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees or Confidential . Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, Lotus 1 - 2-3, SAP, COGNOS, Oracle Financial, Hyperion, Epicor 10, Import Tracker, RMS stock ledger, Sales Audit, Black-line GL Rec., QM Excel, Data Analysis, Quick-books Certified, Micro-strategy
Confidential, Ossining, NY
Controller and IT Manager
- Provide management with timely reviews of company's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities (i.e. Weekly Snapshot - cash balance, weekly hours, # of employees, Sales Analysis and other Metrics.)
- Prepare Job costing analysis, Backlog and WIP report to executive staff
- Work with outside auditors at year end to finalize financial reporting for tax purposes
- Direct and coordinate all of the accounting activities of the company including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and month end closing
- Maintain company’s commission system including distributing weekly reports to sales reps, calculating monthly commissions earned, sending monthly commission statements and checks to the reps and answering all inquiries.
- Direct accounting functions, including establishing, monitoring and documenting the company’s accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Coordinate the tax reporting that is required with outside accountants.
- Credit management Dunn & Bradstreet, customer off hold, collection
- File multi-state sales and use taxes, Economic census report & Labor Statistics report
- Conduct employee performance review
- Maintain corporate records, both physically and electronically (i.e. Financial Statements, Tax Returns, Pension, and Insurance).
- Maintain records of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Calculate billing for the self-administration of the life insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term disability plans.
- Work with other managers to create various reports that are necessary for them to perform their duties.
- Develop, implement, and monitor management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and data backup and recovery.
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
Sr. Inventory Control Accountant/ Asst. Controller
- Post Month End Inventory Journals &/Accruals
- Manage and reconcile company inventory, First Cost, Landing Cost including freight charges, commission and duties
- Post cost of sales from RMS to Oracle financials: Transfer Price, Shrink, Markdowns
- Post-Closing Inventory Analysis & Stockledger Reconciliation to General Ledger
- Prepare Inventory Roll Forward by Month/Qtr/YTD
- Post Weekly Sales to Oracle Financials - POS Sales Audit System
- Prepare Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC) Reporting on a monthly basis
- Book Banking Accruals and deposit Recovery checks from Certegy
- Perform Monthly Variance Analysis Gross Profit Margin and COGS
- Calculate Markdown Reserves & Forecast for inventory by Season
- Initial Markup (IMU) Analysis cost/retail inventory review with Controller
- Calculate Vendor & Freight Capitalization, Vendor Allowances
- Prepare shrink budget and Reserve Analysis on a monthly basis
- Peform Self Audit for company’s Import Customs & Fees
- Work with Inter./External Audits- Deloitte & Touche, BBC Bank Audits, Govt Agencies
- Contribute to Quarterly Financial Reporting Package- Inventory Retail Accounting
- Work on Reporting Issues with IT to maintain Stockledger integrity
- Responsible for monthly analysis of department’s direct salary, overhead and cost of sales expenses, including intercompany chargeback to Confidential Affiliates
- Maintain Monthly Roll-forward of revenue & Cost of Sales for Cars, Motorcycles, MINI & Rolls Royce.
- Reconcile and Analyze Destination and Handling Costs- Special Project
- Reconcile Warranty and Insurance claims between Manufacturing & Confidential NA
- Monthly Inventory Analysis & Clearing for Cars, Motorcycles & MINI
- Upload monthly journal entries and accruals at month end to SAP General Ledger
- Prepare and post cash /wires applications, customer/vendor/ Confidential AG, Intercompany settlement and FEBAN, bank reconciliations (SAP)
- Provide the auditors with requested documentation, analyses and/or explanations.
- Assist various departments with Budget Variance Analysis, Recovery chargeback to Parent and Affiliates
- Responsible for Affiliates Inter-company Receivables & Payables
- Handle Wire Transfers for US and Foreign Confidential
- Implement the process for Confidential online payments
- Reconcile Monthly Inter-company A/R, A/P
- Book monthly Accruals and Standard Journal Entries
- Prepare Monthly Variance Analysis and General Ledger Reconciliation
Senior Retail Staff Accountant
- Responsible for Booking all Monthly and Quarterly journal entries for multiple stores
- Analyze and Book Payroll and Accrued Payroll on a monthly basis
- Prepare and file Sales & Use Taxes and Commercial Rent Tax Returns
- Prepare Monthly and Quarterly Account Analysis
- Maintained Monthly Fixed Asset schedules and Capital Expenditure Projects
- Run Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements (JD Edwards)
- Conducted Quarterly Retail Physical Inventories using HART systems
Senior Staff Accountant
- Prepared Monthly Performance Package: Revenue, Departmental, EBIT AnalysisActual to Budget, forecast & PY
- Maintained Monthly Bad-Debt Reserve Analyses
- Reviewed Monthly Receivables/Collections with Plants’ Staff
- Prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly Cash Flow Analysis and forecast
- Calculated Monthly Debt Service/Interests & Dividends
- Prepared Monthly Variance Analysis to Budget & Forecast
- Coordinated all works with Internal/External Auditors/SOX
- Responsible for Uploading Budget, Forecast, Beginning Balances to Oracle
- Monthly Reconciliation of Inter-Co Accts and General Ledger
- 1999 - 2004 Castrol North America- Oil Manufacturing Industry
Sr. Staff Accountant
- Manage daily deposits, including weekly cash forecast
- Help company with distributors sales tax compliance issues
- Worked with Auditors on Fixed Assets, Sales Taxes and General Ledger
- Analyzed and reconciled G/L Accounts, including the inter-company’s
- Approved Journal Entries, Supervise Month-end close.
- Submitted financial statements to foreign parent company on a monthly basis.
- Managed accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Analyzed sales/DSO, inventory, including labor, material, overhead & price variances
- Maintained fixed assets, Capitalized Projects, Depreciation and Year-end revaluation.
- Supervised staff of six A/R, A/P, Collections