- Finance professional with accounting and finance experience in governmental, healthcare, supply chain, financial institution, and Big - 4 accounting industries. Intimate knowledge of financial processes, operating results and profitability. Accomplished in executing organizational strategies and team-driven process improvements yielding revenue growth and increased resource capacity. Recognized for dedication and innovative contributions and demonstrated willingness to accept progressively increased responsibilities. Managed teams of up to six, including front line co-workers and degreed professionals.
- Streamlined and internalized production of value reporting document, reducing turnaround time by 50%.
- Recipient of “ROialty” award for outstanding performance in 1st year.
- Recovered over $1.1mil from reimbursable construction costs, misdirected sales taxes, underpaid administrative fees, unclaimed reimbursements, and identified over $200K in ineligible rebates.
- Implemented process improvements yielding over $250K in recovered fees within 1st year.
- Led the streamlining of metric and value reporting process, which reduced compilation time by 25%.
- Reduced unapplied aging from 200+ items to less than 10 items in 1st year, despite 10% increase in activity
- Key contributor in converting to self-funded health insurance plan, saving $600K.
- Reduced remittance escalation items by 60% in six-month timeframe, and improved Safe Harbor reporting coverage to 100% from 91% within 1st six months.
- Identified and implemented multiple ERP and update & interface enhancement projects.
- Implemented several new and updated departmental SOPs and procedural documents.
- Redesigned and reorganized posting process, reducing errors by 50%.
- Directed City-Wide $300mil fixed asset physical inventory, including infrastructure assets.
AREAS OF COMPETENCY AND EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Financial Planning & Management
- Supervisory/Leadership Skills
- Budget Analysis & Special Projects
- Strategic Business Review
- Advanced Scenario Modeling-Excel
- Contract Negotiations
- Procurement Controls
- State/Federal Reporting
- Cash Flow Management
- Asset Management
- Procedural Documentation
- Oral/Written Communications
- Decision Making
- Construction Cost Accounting
Advanced user of Excel: pivot tables, v-lookups, nested and data functions, conditional formatting
Proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint
SAP Business Objects: Reporting, Tecsys
ERP software administration: Sungard HTE (IBM AS400); New World Logos; RTT
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Revenue and Reporting Manager
- Monitor existing GPO revenue and shareback streams, ensuring timely collection on 1,800+ active contracts.
- Implemented accrual and shareback models used for monthly closing and contract administration.
- Reconcile fees to spend activity; analyze accruals and variances; Safe Harbor reporting.
- Identified & deployed two phases of ERP software enhancements coupled with on-going administration.
- Streamlined KPI, value, savings, & financial metrics reporting decks.
- Initiated new supplier on-boarding procedures using Lean principles.
- Coordinate internal and external audits; respond to and implemented resolution to noted findings.
- Supervise team of four on revenue posting, collection & optimization functions.
- Member of internal contracting process and terms and conditions committees.
- Key contributor in supplier data standardization initiative.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Assistant Finance Director
- Interim Director for an entire budget and operating cycle.
- Implemented ERP software conversion (x2); on-going administration on entire application.
- Directed the risk management and claims administration functions: general liability, property/casualty, workers’ compensation insurance; audits and regulatory filings.
- Compile & present Operating and Capital Budgets ($100mil): governmental fund accounting, revenue projections, expense, variance analysis, executive presentations.
- Developed activity allocation model for Neighborhood Improvement District funds; 10-yr scenario model for utility rate increase.
- Validate and optimize AIA construction/retainage billings (G-702 Payment Applications); invoice/audit mulit-jurisdictional project billings.
- Managed investment portfolio ($40mil); implemented formal policy; yield/activity reporting.
- Administered banking relationship and revised investment policy. Coordinated annual audit, including footnote disclosure for GAAP/GASB financial statements. Respond to bond/debt rating inquiries.
- Administered $50mil in trustee construction projects; three Confidential disaster grant filings totaling $750K; multiple Tax Increment Financing districts’ funding and reimbursement payouts; solicited, drafted, and evaluated RFPs, and handled contract administration.
- Directed accounting operations: A/P, fixed assets, G/L entries & month-end close, bank and account reconciliations, payroll, sign-off authority for department budget; implemented internal controls & SOX procedures; supervised procurement function; trained and mentored department staff.