- Professional stewardship of SQL based enterprise application systems. I am Enterprise Applications Administrator, Document Management System expert and Data Analyst with over a dozen years of experience in enterprise applications administration, data analytics, desktop engineering, project management and user training.
- OpenText eDocs DM administrator (5.1, 5.3, 10)
- Certified Interwoven\IManage Engineer V 8.2 FileSite
- OpenText Decisive Search enterprise search
- Autonomy Confidential enterprise search
- SQL Server database administration
- System support scripting (T - SQL, VBScript, PowerShell)
- SQL data DM processes automation (T-SQL)
- Data Analytics for IT business decisions. Joining of data from multiple sources to present business data in ways that facilitate business decisions and administration.
- Familiarity with modern presentation dashboards such as MS PowerBI, Tableau, Chartio, Mode and of course Excel.
- Graduate level advanced statistics training including multiple regression and ANOVA.
- Two decades of data management bits to business reports.
- Altiris Lifecycle Management Suite for software deployment and maintenance
- Wise Packaging Studio for MSI customizations
- Microsoft Server Group Policy Administration
- Microsoft Server Active Directory Users and Computers administration.
- VMWare Workstation for engineering testing and development
- Microsoft Office integration of various 3rd party applications and add-ons
- Scripting and automation of application modifications and patches
- Graduate training in organizational development
- Project design and management
- Cross team leadership in multi-team projects
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent documentation of engineering solutions
- Scientific polling expertise for user needs analysis
- Training of Help Desk support team and local office support staff
Document Management System Analyst
- Expert administration of Open Text eDocs DMS system of twenty-four integrated libraries distributed across four data centers serving fourteen international offices and hosting approximately seventeen million documents.
- Version upgrade from 5.1 to 5.3. Dev upgrades of 5.3x to 10x. eDocs client migrations from Win XP to Win 7, and dev upgrades on Win 10.
- SQL upgrades from 2000 to 2008, and dev upgrades to 2012 and 2014.
- Administration of DMS integrated Decisive 7 enterprise search engine
- Data analytics for user needs assessments, health checks, performance measuring, roll-out management, feature request support and bug validation.
- Many testing and upgrade cycles of MS Office integrated applications and add-ins.
- Training of firm-wide support staff on eDocs client support, general Windows support and on-going coaching of junior analysts.
- Secondary on-going responsibilities include improvements to existing integrated systems including Records subpoena reports and document exports, document retention processes, and working closely with team members to assist with upgrades of integrated systems including IntApp Ethical Walls, TimeBuilder, MS Sharepoint, IntApp Activity Tracker, Records Manager, and a variety of MS Office add-ins.
- Maintenance and support of Interwoven IManage DMS. Upgraded legacy maintenance processes from previous two tier system to V8.2 three tier system. Migrated full text Indexer from Velocity to Confidential . Completed consolidation and retirement of legacy file servers. Completed various database integrity cleanup tasks due to years of neglect of the DMS. Engineered, maintained and supported FileSite client including FastFiler and FastFolders integration. Created XML workspace templates for department specific matter-centric experience in FileSite (Outlook client). Wrote support documentation and trained desktop analysts in client troubleshooting and support.
- Upon joining Townsend - immediately resolved various critical application integrations issues that were blocking release of new Desktop. Played senior role in rollout of new desktop image including training of junior members on new desktop imaging processes. Updated and maintained various desktop applications using Wise and Altiris deployment solution tools as well as Microsoft Server 2008 Group Policy tools. Wrote technical documentation for various supported applications.
Senior Desktop Technologies Analyst
- Complete application life cycle management from user needs analysis to product evaluation, testing, bug resolution, integration, implementation and documentation.
- Team technical leader in troubleshooting and resolving complex client-server integration issues for applications managed by other team members, as well as SQL support for all team owned application databases, and group policy support for team applications.
- Training and coaching and training of all enterprise desktop support analysts and trainers in application support and Windows XP troubleshooting skills.
- Core team member of project that upgraded OS from Windows 2000 to WinXP, document management system from two tier Docs 3.9 to three tier DM5, Office 2000 to Office 2003, plus upgrade of over one hundred fifty applications to latest available versions - while maintaining support of existing systems.
- Assist and supervise database administrators and application managers in provisioning, administering and maintaining 50 SQL databases in nationwide, 2000 user NT environment.
- Design, testing, implementation and maintenance of data transfers.
- Collaboration with developers in implementation of new database solutions.
- Core team member in migration of financial and accounting databases from various systems into comprehensive SQL based CMS system, including extensive user needs analysis in design of custom reports.
- Support and training of firm’s desktop technicians in troubleshooting and resolving client\SQL server conflicts.
- Training of attorneys in usage of new laptops and extensive one on one support of VIP attorneys with unique technical requirements.
Research and Data Analysis Consultant
- Barry Shapiro and Associates. Provided data analysis services for a Diversity survey.
- Central American Research Center. Provided data cleaning, database creation, and data analysis for survey of bay area Central American immigrants.
- San Francisco State University: Served as project manager for replication survey of student population aimed at measuring progress in university’s student outreach programs.
- San Francisco State University Political Science Dept. Served as teaching assistant for upper division modern data analysis course.
- La Raza Studies Department at San Francisco State University. Taught three courses in critical thinking with focus on argumentation analysis and writing.
- Public Research Institute. Provided data management and analysis services on a variety of research projects.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of data management system using MS Access.
- Training of worksite monitors in interviewing techniques, design of questionnaire and data collection instruments, data analysis and quarterly report writing.
- Operations Manager responsible for planning, design and execution of over twenty scientific public opinion polls including face to face, mail and telephone surveys.
- Organizational development, including facility growth planning, hiring and training of interviewers and supervisors.
- Cost estimation, scheduling and resource coordination of survey research projects.
- Client consultation, questionnaire development, data flow design, statistical analysis, and report writing.
- Maintenance of Novell computer network.