- Software Designer/Developer with over 25 years of experience in delivering successful projects. Held leadership positions and have vast experience in dealing with co - workers, subordinates, users and stakeholders in creating software solutions to business challenges.
- Assumed responsibility for a floundering project to re-platform Pierre CRS system. Original system written in Action
- Language (a non-supported proprietary language.) using C-ISAM files running on UNIX. New system using Oracle and Forte (UDS) was delivered using a chunking strategy that reduced risks and shortened delivery time for new functionality. Project received Smithsonian award for the innovative approach.
- Developed 'Look2Book', the only patented on-line incentive program in the hospitality industry. Listed as one of the five inventors on the patent, which has been successfully defended.
- Project manager for development of 'Spectrum', a patented workforce management system. Listed as inventor on several patents.
- Designed and developed three full interfaces from hotel CRS to hotel property management systems. Designed and developed several interfaces from hotel CRS to Global Distribution systems and web sites.
- As an independent contractor, primarily served two clients, Confidential and Confidential . Have undertaken both fixed bid and T&M projects. At times I have worked independently and on other projects have fit in with teams that consist of both employees and other contracting firms. Have functioned as lead developer, system architect, database designer and project manager.
- Developed automated interface for loading contract rates from Lanyon Rate Publisher into the Curtis-C system; including the handling of discount rates, ceiling rates, blackout dates, etc.
- Functioned first as SME and then as Project Manager for two-year effort to develop workforce management system for call centers. Innovative approach of the system allowed for workforce to be rapidly scaled up or down depending on changes to forecasted call volumes by incentivizing employees to opt in to working extra hours, or opt out of working assigned shifts.
- Re-designed Forte/UDS and Java modules that maintain brand-wide rates to support multiple strategies for combining hotel-specific elements, like packages and room types with the brand-wide offers.
- Directed team which added full support for Opera PMS packages and tax generates in the CRS. The CRS system was enhanced to support all calculation rules and posting rhythms supported in the PMS including custom formulas. Logic extended to generating rate quotes on-the-fly to external distribution systems like Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo and web sites like Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz.
- Redesigned the CRS rate and discount functionality to allow any type of offer to be calculated as a discount from a base rate for the hotel. This would allow a hotel to easily shift the entire rate structure of the hotel up or down by just changing one rate. Changes automatically updated rates in the PMS and external distribution systems.
Director of Application Development
Confidential,Minneapolis, M NResponsibilities:
- Directed a department of 25 business analysts and developers. Responsible for hotel reservation system including interfaces to hotels, distribution systems, workforce management systems, etc. The systems we developed and maintained handled all back-end reservation processing and inventory, front end systems for booking reservations and maintaining rates and availability, booking web sites, loyalty programs and yield management interfaces.. The Carlson
- Hospitality reservation system widely regarded as one of the most advanced in the industry and winner of numerous awards and accolades.