Co - Founder of Confidential, integrating natural language processing, Apache Beam streaming and AI technologies to the Vector product. Certificates in Neural Networks and Deep Learning and Building Resilient Streaming System architectures using Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services Platforms. Frequent conference speaker on analytics topics and past guest lecturer at the University of Houston cited by Washington Post, Huffington Post, and Forbes.com. Developed analytical techniques that significantly outperformed top-ranked Bloomberg crude oil analysts.
AREAS OF STRENGTH AND EXPERTISE:
- BigQuery, Hive, Hadoop, EMR
- Lambda, Serverless Learning
- Apache Beam, Data Streaming
- ComputeEngine, CloudSDK
- Hyperparameter Tuning, ML
- AWS, EC2, S3, SQS, EBS, Lambda
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- AutoScaling, ELT, Cloud SQL
- Machine Learning, TensorFlow
- Spark, Pig, Hive, Yarn, Hadoop
- AppEngine, Heroku
- CloudSQL, BigTable
- GCP-Cloud DataFlow
- GCP-Cloud DataProc
- GCP-Cloud: ML, Vision
- Directing a team of machine learning developers in the development of scalable, tested and clean deployable code, during the implementation stage of deep learning algorithms.
- Managed AWS DevOps Schema including: IAM, CloudFormation, EC2, AutoScaling, Security Groups, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Beanstalk and Codedeploy.
- Directed 20+ developers, Marketing, and AWS DevOps personnel to deliver successful deployment of Vector’s machine learning API.
- Designed real-time distributed push/pull streaming architecture using Apache Beam, Pub/Sub asynchronous delivery, DataFlow ML computations and BigTable for low latency processing.
Market Intelligence Manager
- Sole developer and designer of machine learning tools that accurately predicted (8.5% error rate) the deflation in oil prices in 2014 and 2015. This effort was recognized with the prestigious IHS SPECTRUM Excellence Award in 2015.
- Provided strategic guidance to CFO, CSO, VP Treasury, and Director of Investor Relations in preparation for 2015 industry credit rating agency meetings.
- Performed deep fundamental equity analysis of oil and gas industry players, and accurately predicted near-term deterioration in credit quality, and drilling activity across the space.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Gas Supply (Consultant)
- Engineered forecasts of U.S. rig activity, oil and natural gas spot prices to predict the real options value in Confidential Storage Facilities using SAS, R, Python.
- Designed machine learning techniques to price natural gas storage options/prices and crude oil prices in a white paper, “Temporal Displacement of Natural Gas Storage”.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Delivered risk adjusted returns in excess of Russell 2000 Value benchmark in all years.
- Developed investment theses on 40+ holdings and outperformed the market index in all years.
- Performed quarterly channel checks and inter-quarter checks with CFO’s, used advanced statistical methods to predict impact of macro trends on commodities prices, and tied these to input costs. Drafted primary research reports and made investment recommendations.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Performed testing of internal controls for newly implemented SAP-modules for various oil and gas firms including Confidential Energy.