- Around 7+years of experience in IT industry with experience in Server administration in various environments - Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2 with Active Directory Services (WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Expertise in deployment and troubleshooting of windows 2008 and 2012 R2 Domain Controllers in Active Directory.
- Expertise in Active Directory design and support (GPO s, AD Schema, OUs, LDAP, Sites Replication, etc.)
- Expertise in managing the users and objects using Identity Manager
- Expertise in creating Exception Group policies for Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2 in AD domain.
- Experience in designing and implementing AD migrations using ADMT and Quest
- Managing Backups and restore of domain controllers using Dell Recovery Backup Manager Tool.
- Creation of Identity Management process, strategy, best practice and architecture documentation including Access Management, Password Management, DAP Management, Provisioning, Delegated Administration.
- Expertise in Deploying Applications software on User Workstations through SCCM Console.
- Performed and Raise the Domain functional level from windows server .
- Expertise in creating Group policy for User Drive Mappings.
- Experience in creating Service Accounts to have Log on as a Batch and Service Jobs, Create and Link Exception policy to windows Application Servers 2003/2008R2/2012R2.
- Assisted in designing, implementing and evaluating applications, systems and utilities relevant to Active Directory services.
- Experience in Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source to Target Domain.
- Administration of user Accounts, Groups, Resources, Security, Backup strategies in window Servers 2003/2008R2/2012.
- Experience with DCPROMO process and configuring AD Site, OU structure, Site Link, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Global Catalog servers, directory services, subnet mask, DNS forwarders, Reverse Lookup.
- Expertise in creating new Technically Minimum Base Standards Group Policy’s in PROD/QA/DEV/DR Environments.
- Experience in managing Active directory Domain Controllers, DNS and DHCP Servers.
- Monitoring connectivity, synchronization, replication, net logon time services, FSMO roles, AD schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and Trust relationships.
- Handy Experience on troubleshooting Application Authentication issues in Active directory Multi domain Environment.
- Having good knowledge on CITRIX 4.5 and 6.5
- End to end Automation using Power shell for User Account/ Mailboxes/ Distribution Group/ Security Group provisioning and management.
- Migrated archived mailboxes to O365 using native tools & Quest Migration tool.
- Created tenant account in Office 365 for domain.
- Provided Tier-2 Support for production environments and trouble shoot critical issues at minimal business impact.
- Expertise in Setup and maintenance of MS Exchangeservers2010/2013.
- Experience in Migrating Group Policies from one domain to other domain in AD forest.
Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP
Virtualization: Hyper V,Vsphere,VCenter
Scripting Languages: Power Shell, VB Scripts
Workstations: Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10
Migration Tools: ADMT,Quest Migration Manager
Monitoring Tools: Nagios,SCOM
Ticketing: CA Service Desk, Track It,BMC Remedy
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Active Directory Engineer
- Implementing & administering Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Implementing & administering AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, Group Policy, Organizational Units and Delegation permissions.
- Provide day to day support for Active Directory infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting AD related issues (DNS, Replication, server and User related issues).
- Troubleshooting AD user account lockout issues.
- Troubleshooting on AD trust related issues.
- Upgrading and patching servers as per the schedule.
- Troubleshooting Active directory permissions.
- Working with SQL Server instances.
- Deploying servers using VMware and Hyper V
- Knowledge on Forefront identity management (FIM).
- Creating group policy objects as per security requirements.
- Identifying and cleaning stale records in AD environment.
- Identifying uncertain AD groups and cleaning up accordingly.
- Installing and managing DNS, DHCP, ADFS, IIS, SSL, LDAP and FTP Servers.
- Experience in Migrating Users, Groups, computer and servers from cross forest
- Infrastructure using ADMT and Quest, Binary migration tools.
- Experience in deploying PKI Infrastructure.
- Deploying and managing Microsoft WSUS.
- Supporting Windows 7/8/10 desktops, laptops, tablets and notebook.
- Migrating AD user objects, computer objects, group objects from one domain to other.
- Migrated legacy applications to Windows using Azure.
- Managing Servers, PCs, Laptops, Printers & Peripherals
- Experience in deploying and managing Key Management server.
- Knowledge on System center configuration manager (SCCM) tool.
- Experience in implementing and updating AD schema changes.
- Experience managing Servers, PCs, Laptops, and Printers & Peripherals.
- Experience in Power Shell Scripting for Creating, deleting & Managing Users and to automate Active directory health checks and Exchange daily tasks.
Environment: Active Directory, LDAP,Windows 2000/ 2008R2/ 2012, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SSO, Power Shell, QMM, Change auditor, InTrust,VMware, Hyper V, FIM, DNS, DHCP, ADFS, IIS, SSL, FTP, ADMT, PKI, WSUS,Azure.
Confidential, Branchburg, NJ
Active Directory Engineer
- Active Directory Engineer involved in planning and upgrade of Active Directory infrastructure, AD Engineering and support, DNS and WINS support.
- Migrated entire AD infrastructure from R2 then to 2012 including building and promotion of domain controllers, troubleshooting incompatibility with legacy applications and domains, etc.
- Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source domain toTarget domain Using QMM in AD Domain.
- Merger and Acquisition migratory planning and execution
- Member of team responsible for re-design / re-architecture of the current Covance WINS infrastructure
- Member of team responsible for overall DNS re-design, upgrade, and maintenance
- Migrated and consolidated existing 2000/2003 DHCP infrastructure to 2008 and 2012, including scope consolidating, troubleshooting, etc.
- Worked with developer to troubleshoot LDAP connection to query multiple AD domains
- Implemented Quest suite of products including Change Auditor, Spotlight on Active Directory, and Intrust for Active Directory
- Federating with Vendors using ADFS to implement Single Sign on and Writing Customize Claims Rules to achieve multifactor authorization
- Design custom reports in Intrust for AD and Change Auditor, as well as custom protected object templates
- Configuration of SSO on window server and troubleshoot them with policy servers
- Developed custom Identity Management component to synchronize Active Directory, LDAP, and legacy systems
- 2nd level support of RSA including role creation, soft token implementation, report creation, and training of other teams within IT
- Provide on-call support for AD and RSA/Radius Infrastructure
- Work with various business units and application managers to provide directory authentication mechanisms for various projects throughout infrastructure
- Designed LanDESK patching plan for Domain Controller infrastructure
- Maintenance of GPO infrastructure including creation of new GPOs, GPO consolidation, troubleshooting, and existing GPO modification
- Created Azure PowerShell script for backup and restore operations.
Environment: Active Directory, LDAP,Windows 2000/ 2008R2/ 2012, DNS, DHCP, WINS,SSO,ADFS,Azure, Power Shell, QMM, Change auditor, InTrust.
Active Directory / SystemsEngineer
- Global Upgrade of 700 windows 2003 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64 R2.
- Managed 2008 R2 Enterprise Server installation and configuration’s
- Managing w2k8 R2 Domain Controller promotions using over the wire and IFM media.
- Managed 700 w2k8R2 Domain Controller Diagnostics and Health checks in America, Europe and Asia.
- Managed User s, Groups, Computers, OU objects and Kerberos Permission delegation in Active Directory
- Effectively use AD support tools, DCDiag, Netdiag, Replmon, Repadmin, FRSdiag, Sonar, RSOP
- Managed Troubleshooting Networking related problems (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS)
- Troubleshooting problems related to Active Directory Database (NTDS.DIT replication, Capacity and Logging)
- Monitoring Active Directory (CPU overload, AD Response time, GC response time, Trust Relationships)
- Managed and Supported Microsoft’s Security Patching of Domain Controllers.
Environment: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64 R2, DCDiag, Netdiag, Replmon, Repadmin, FRSdiag, Sonar, RSOP, TCP/IP, DNS.WINS, Active Directory.
- Creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request.
- Administration of Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Planning and implement data synchronization between external data to AD.
- Customizing and updating certain data fields from HR data to multiple attributes in AD user objects.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Providing support per request from various tower teams.
- Researching and recommend innovative possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Tracking and documenting Active directory production support issues.
- Group policy management.
- Windows TCP I/P configuration. Data recovery through recovery console and data recovery software’s.
- Maintenance and installation of network printers.
- Configuring and deploying security updates through WSUS.
- Creating and managing FTP users and configuring server applications
- Creating, managing and troubleshooting exchange and POP3 email accounts
- Creating and managing Exchange 2003 mailboxes and troubleshooting mail issues
- Assigning of mailbox quota and mail queue management
- Managing Security patches.
- Administrating Internet proxy.
- Installation of software’s like Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio Etc. and configuration
- Configuration of IIS server.
Environment: MS Exchange 5.5 Servers, Proxy Servers, IIS Servers ans SQL Servers, LAN and WAN.