- 11 years IT experience. 6 plus years as a Qlik Sense/Qlikview Consultant. 9 years plus of result filled experience as a SAP BI/Business Objects Consultant.
- Platform Engineering Expertise: Server Sizing and Installations (Qlik Server/Publisher/QlikSense), Configurations (Clustering/QlikSense Sites), Migrations, Upgrades, License Management, Server Management/Administration, DR Plans/Tests, Security Model Design (SSO for Authentication/Publisher Security, Section Access for Authorization/Security rules for Qlik Sense Deployments). N - Printing 16/17 Installation and Configuration.
- Multiple full life cycle QlikView/QlikSense Implementations: requirements gathering, designing solutions, development, performance tuning, end user training for both Waterfall and Agile SDLCs.
- Multiple extractions from multiple source systems: SAP ECC, CRM, APO, BW and Non SAP source systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sales Force, Hadoop, HANA, flat file uploads into Qlikview/Qlik Sense Applications using resident loads, preceding loads, mapping loads, partial loads, incremental loads, binary loads, add loads, buffer loads etc employing various kinds of data connectors (SAP Connector/Salesforce/ODBC/OLEDB) to create QVDs/QVWs/QVFs.
- Strong data modeling expertise in developing robust data foundations for QlikSense/Qlikview Applications.
- Hands on experience in the Performance Tuning of Qlik Sense/Qlikview applications (UI, Scripting and Sever-side) to ensure the optimal performance of dashboards and applications.
- Strong knowledge in several business processes: Manufacturing (Order to Cash, Procurement to Pay and Order Fulfillment etc.), Financial Services (Compliance, Trade, Treasure, Asset Management, Wealth Management) and Consumer goods.
- Proven expertise in analyzing the BI needs of enterprises and building Enterprise Reporting architecture through proven Change (PROSCI certified) and Project Management best practices.
- Experience in establishing standards/best practices models for Qlik Sense/Qlikview Data Governance (Shared Platform/ Self Service).
- Expertise in various types of testing including unit, integration, functional, system and performance testing, UAT and test cases validations.
- Post Production Support - Technical/Functional, Incident, Problem and Service Outage management
- Strong hands on development and administration experience on both backend databases (SQL Server, Hadoop (big data), SAP HANA, SAP BW) and front end tools (SAP Business Objects - Web Intelligence/Crystal Report/SAP BI Dashboards.
- Extensive Lead experience working with Application/Platform L2&L3 teams, Cross Functional Teams and interacting with all levels of management for requirements, resources and project status delivering custom applications in phases.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
Platforms: Windows 98/2000/XP/VISTA/Windows Server 2003/ Windows 7/Unix
BI Tools: Qlik Sense 2.0/2.2/3.0/3.1 , Qlikview 10/11.2 SR2/12, Qlik Power Tools, Sublime, Tableau, SAP R/3, ECC 6.0, BW 3.5, BI 7.0, ABAP, Business Objects XI 3x/4x, Crystal Reports, MS Office, Captivate, ER Studio, SAP Business Objects 4.1 Client tools, GitHub, SVN, Control-M, Expresso
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, MS Access, MS- SQL Server, Teradata, SAP BW, Hadoop (Map Reduce, Hive, HBase, Mahout, Zookeeper, Pig), Datameer, HANA, MongoDB, MySQL, PostGreSQL
Testing Tools: Mercury Quality Center, Load Runner, and Confidential ALM.
ETL Tools: Informatica, SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QlikSense Lead Consultant
Environment: Qlikview 11.2/12/QlikSense 3.2/ N-Printing 17/SQL Server/JDE
- Performed architecture reviews for Development/Production Qlik Architecture.
- Qlik Sense Upgrade Installation - Upgrade of QlikSense sites from Version 3 to the June 2017 version
- Installed the QlikSense Governance Dashboard
- Performance optimization of QlikSense applications
- Implemented N-printing 17 for QlikSense.
- Developed applications for the Product Marketing Business Area.
- Worked on a Predictive Analytics POC Model - Market Basket Analysis for continued BI growth for Confidential Inc.
- Used advanced scripting, set analysis, advanced aggregation functions, Actions and advanced charts showing metrics for developing applications connecting to the JDE data source using QlikSense; creating Qlik Sense Master Items, incorporating extensions, customizing chart objects, helping users create user stories, uploading/exporting apps for deployment, publishing apps to streams, designing and administering security for users/streams/ applications/connections and creation of reload tasks.
- Designed a security model in QlikSense for multi domains using Security rules/custom attributes for infinite hierarchy authorization trees.
- Assisted QlikSense developers and IT administrators to ensure customized UI front-end design was compatible with new releases and patches.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Qlikview/QlikSense Lead Consultant ( )
Environment: Qlikview 11.2/12/QlikSense 3.2/ N-Printing 17/ Hadoop/SAP/SQL/Oracle 10g
- Performed architecture reviews for Development/UAT and Production Qlik Architecture.
- Qlik Sense Installation - Single node for development box, multimode for Staging and Production boxes, configurations in the QMC; License/token Management, Implemented Security - Active Directory/ LDAP/Security rules/Section Access/ Stream access.
- QlikSense On Demand App Generation Architecture design for the Wealth Management business line; server sized nodes in the QlikSense for the effort
- Performed QlikView troubleshooting tasks; Built QlikView Cluster (Presentation and publisher nodes) for Hadoop - big data; Installation, configurations, DR Plans/test, user provisioning, Security model design (Section Access, Static Data Reduction and Document/Sheet level security for applications; Configured tasks, managed CALS and user access (LDAP/ACL groups) for the cluster.
- Architected and configured web tickets and header methods to meet authentication architecture needs of application teams
- Monitoring QlikView Server and Publisher using the QlikView Governance Dashboard and other third party tools.
- Performance optimization of Qlikview applications
- Implemented N-printing for Qlikview. Engineered N printing 16 functionality using environmental variables for a Dev-UAT-SIT-Production landscape. Created N-printing templates for various business units for distribution; Configured EDX with the N-printing server to automate jobs in the QMC; N-Printing 16 upgrade to N-Printing 17.
- Recommended Best Practices for Data Modeling, Design and Development of applications for various lines of businesses (compliance, trade, infrastructure management, Wealth Management, Asset Management)
- Used advanced scripting, set analysis, advanced aggregation functions, Actions and advanced charts showing metrics for developing applications connecting to multiple sources (Hadoop, SQL Server, Oracle, SAP BI, Data Lake, etc) for the Compliance, Anti-crime Financial, Treasury, Asset Management, Infrastructure Management and Wealth Management business lines using QlikSense; creating Qlik Sense Master Items, incorporating extensions, customizing chart objects, helping users create user stories, uploading/exporting apps for deployment, publishing apps to streams, designing and administering security for users/streams/ applications/connections and creation of reload tasks.
- Integrated QlikSense objects into SharePoint using the QlikSense Single Configurator. Mashup Editor to build custom views.
- Designed a security model in QlikSense for multi domains using Security rules/custom attributes.
- Assisted QlikView/Sense developers and IT administrators to ensure customized UI front-end design was compatible with new releases and patches.
- BI evangelist for QlikSense Self Service and On Demand Application Generation (ODAG); Trained users on QlikSense
- Led Platform L3 and L2 support teams for a shared platform of over 5000 users. Also supported 5 other dedicated environments within the Qlik space. (Qlikview Clusters and a shared QlikSense environment).
- Designed a Self-Service governance model for the QlikSense Site for the bank.
- Collaborated with IT staff and business analyst to create and maintain documentation regarding technical requirements, technical environments, scripts/code, and processes and standards.
- Work closely with the QlikView/Sense IT administrator team to identify technical constraints to create a robust capacity management strategy
- Designed and developed a Qlik Sense Data Quality application to monitor data quality.
- Performed Center of Excellence activities (user/application onboarding, quality gate code reviews, SIT test monitoring, user provisioning, certifications and recertification’s of users) enforcing standards.
Confidential, Cleveland OH
Environment: Qlikview 11.2/SAP BI 7x, SAP BI/3x/4.0, Espresso
- Performed architecture reviews for designed applications. Redesigned a few applications for better performance.
- Designed a governance model for Qlikview application development; Standards for Qlikview development - naming, color scheme code, load scheme (run book template), project management templates, deployment plans, requirement templates, development templates, test case/test plan templates; Created documents for application production support, technical/design, functional requirement, DR Plan.
- Reviewed non-functional requirements for applications development.
- Developed QlikView Dashboards using various Charts (Drill Down, Drill up & Cyclic Grouping), List, Input Fields, Table Box, Pivot/Straight tables, Statistics Box, Multi Box and containers.
- Designed complex task schedules and EDX jobs to run tasks for application ETL; N-printing jobs run on EDX triggers in QMC; Loop and Reduce for enterprise wide dashboard distribution.
- Designed interactive visualization for intuitive UI workflows; custom views; landing/filter pages for easy selection and drill down capability; what if analysis visualizations; Created various charts and graphs; created complex visualizations for dynamic aggregation, Actions and Triggers; alternate states to meet complex business requirements.
- Developed advanced scripting (multidimensional modeling) to meet new requirements; set analysis, advanced aggregation functions and advanced charts for developing an application for the Order Fulfillment department extracting data from SQL Server/SAP BW, employing Qlikview Best Practices.
- Performed code review of applications, enhancing applications with more functionality per business requirement application testing/UAT bug fixes, performance tuning (windows tool/JMeter)
- Performed QlikView Administrator tasks in the QMC: Configured tasks; managed licenses and user access. Implemented Security for applications (Included Section Access, Static Data Reduction and Document/Sheet level security).
- Used Qlikview functionalities to transform data in a 3 tier staging architecture to allow for flexibility and scalability in line with Moen’s BI reporting strategy.
- Implemented N-printing for Qlikview. Engineered N printing functionality using environmental variables for a Dev-UAT-SIT-Production landscape. Created N-printing templates for various business units for distribution.
- Developed reports using in-built Qlikview Report Editor, created N-printing templates (PowerPoint, html and excel) reports for pixel perfect reporting.
- Developed housekeeping dashboards to monitor Espresso batch jobs (EDX) for better management.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Senior QlikView Developer ( )
Environment: QlikView 11.x, SAP Connector. SAP BI 7x, SAP ECC
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements and defining KPIs.
- Developed qlikview applications /dashboards to track KPIs such as Headcount, Vacancies, Turnover and Promotions within the organization. Trending and Point-in-time reporting techniques were used to monitor KPI s through the dashboards. Extensive use of Set Analysis and flags were made for reporting.
- Performance optimization of existing dashboards; Data Model refining.
- Extracted data from SAP ECC and master data (dimension) tables using SAP connectors.
- Development of a robust data model to support reporting from numerous csv files/ecc tables for various reporting needs.
- Qlikview Administration: The initial task was to stabilize Publisher in the Development environment and split Publisher off onto its own server in the Production environment
- Managed user access and security by implementing Section Access.
- Scheduled loads and distribution tasks using the QlikView Publisher.
- Developed housekeeping applications on clients reporting data warehouse.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Front End Architect
- QlikView Installation and configuration: 2 node cluster - user onboarding using AD groups and separate LDAP for SSO - Authentication.
- Set up SAP Connector with SAP BW/ ECC to extract data; ODBC used for SQL data for portal statistics project.
- Responsible for Qlik data analysis and documentation.
- Designed and developed multiple Qlik 11 dashboards for several business areas - marketing, finance and sales.
- Involved in the conversion and development of existing legacy reports into QlikView application.
- Analyzed requirements, design functional and technical specs for QlikView application requirements.
- Developed QlikView Dashboards using Chart Box (Drill Down, Drill up & Cyclic Grouping), List, Input Fields, Table Box, Pivot tables, Statistics Box, Multi Box and containers.
- Configured and deployed the application on QlikView server and Imported data from different sources like Oracle, SQL Server, XML files, QVDs and flat files using OLE DB/ODBC.
- Designed complex data models in QlikView; created multiple layer QVDs to get the desired data model; resolved synthetic keys issues; Various loading technique - Mapping load, Apply Map to get descriptions in fact table based on Ids.; resident load, preceding load, cross table loads etc.
- Extensive use of variables in Set Analysis expressions; set operators to select custom sets for analysis
- Performed different tasks like extraction, reload tasks, reduction and distribution tasks based on Market drill-down using the QlikView Publisher.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Intelligence Consultant
Environment: SAP BI 7.0/Business Objects
- Extensive SAP BW work on design & development of custom cubes, DSO/ODS Objects for the Italy Law Compliance project.Built, enhanced and maintain BI objects such as: InfoObjects, InfoProviders, InfoSources, Data sources, etc. Master Data, Transformations, Extractors for master and transaction data Aggregates / Compressions Infopackages, DTP's and Process Chains
- Assisted with BADI / CMOD/ Logistics Extractor enhancements and other ABAP Developments
- Production Issues support (Dropping and building indexes for cubes in BWA 7.0, troubleshooting query performance issues, data loading issues, etc.).
- BW security and authorizations
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Objects Consultant
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1 SP2, SAP IK XI 3.1 SP2, SAP BI 7.0, CRM, SAP ECC 6.0, Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Xcelsius 2008, QaaWS, LiveOffice
- Multiple extractions from multiple source systems including pulling data from SAP BW using an Informatica Power center workflow trigger in the process chain.
- Configured single sign on using SAP Authentication and for Active Directory
- BOBJ Administration in CMC in Servers management, Events Handling and Security of Users, Groups and Folder Access management
- Web Intelligence report development: Built user friendly reports that have multiple display objects on a single page (tables and charts). Used Calculations, Variables, Breaks, Sorting, Alerts, Prompts, slice and dice, and Drill down/up functionality for creating Master-Detail reports, Cross-tab reports related to the company’s Accounting and Financial Planning. Generated Canned Reports using BO Universe as the data provider.
- Implemented Xcelsius Dashboards using data connectivity through QAAWS and Live office
- Prepared training documents and provided end user training.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Capacity: SAP BW Business Objects Consultant
- Migrated BOE XI 3.0 universes and reports to BOE XI 3.1
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of BOE platform issues
- Created executive dashboards using Business Objects Xcelsius 2008 using various datasources, utilized Xcelsius concepts like What-if Analysis, Dynamic Visibility, Map Analytics, Narratives, Interactive Charts and Hierarchies.
- Embedded Xcelsius dashboards into WebI reports employing SDKs
- Developed Business Object Universes (for SAP HR and FI), Web Intelligence documents and Crystal Reports reporting off SAP BW datasource.
- Query as a WebService (QaaWS) with Interactive reports and analyses.
- Developed SAP BW queries and configured them to be exposed to BusinessObjects Universe
- Created and edited OLAP universes based on BW queries