Systems: Windows 7, XP, NT, 2000, 98 and 95
Software: MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2005 and 2000, MS SQL Reporting Services 2008 R2, 2005 and 2000, SQL Server Integration Services 2008 and 2005, SQL Server DTS 2000, Business Objects Crystal Enterprise 9 & 10, Business Objects Crystal Reports 8.5, 9 & 10, Business Objects Crystal Xcelsius Professional 4.5, MS VB 6.0 and VB.NET, MS Office 2012 Professional, 2010 Professional, XP Professional and 2007 Professional, MS Visio 2007, CA Erwin Data Modeler r7
Languages: SQL, Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic.NET, Basic, VBA
Owner and President
- Assessing data warehouse structure, developing restructure plan and migration plan and initial candidate screenings
- Migration\Restructure of data warehouse and data marts to make ready for Sieman’s Soarian Financials from Hospital Information Systems (HIS).
- Design and implementation of data warehouse
- Production Support eConnect
- Consulting services, specializing in data ETL, data warehousing and reporting through Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services & SQL Server Reporting Services
- Analyzing reporting errors within the database stored procedures, views and reporting tools
- Data analysis
- Project management
- Helping Lines of Business write requirements
- Researching applications and helping companies select a best fit based on their requirements
- Designed and implemented reporting databases and reports
- Created SQL Server Integration Services packages to import raw data and to perform data cleansing.
- Reports conversion
- SQL Server Report Builder ad - hoc component set-up
- New report development
- Developed Xcelsius Dashboard prototypes and beta product for an upcoming commercial application
- MS Access analysis and development
- User Guide creation
- User training
- Database design, implementation and documentation
- Customizing Flash website
Independent BI Consultant
- Supported new development with SSIS and eConnect to push data into MS Dynamics
- Investigating and rectifying Finance audit variances in GL
- Managed setup of new countries and currencies.
- Evaluated several databases for Analysis Services implementation.
- Creating cubes in Analysis Services for reporting purposes.
- Converting manual reports pasted together into parameter driven stored procedures to be used with Microsoft’s Reporting Services 2005
- Creating DTS packages to export data into client requested formats for data delivery.
- Evaluated various dash-boarding tools to be implemented.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
- Collected user requirements.
- Created DTS packages, staged data extracts from various sources into SQL Server 2000.
- Backend coding including stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Front-end reports development for specific Business Units at client sites.
- Created MS Access databases.
- Created DBA Migration documentation and SOW’s.
- Reports conversions and development in Crystal/Business Objects and MS Reporting Services.
- Performed data analysis.
- Expanded HR hierarchy and integrated with Lawson data for extended reporting.
- Performed extensive troubleshooting across multiple applications.
- Performed application comparisons to help clients in choosing reporting tools.
- Staging and reporting for a crucial Confidential mandated Bank project completed within a 10 day deadline.
- Redeveloped Crystal Report to improve process time from 45 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Analyzed Oracle data source to identify application code function defect.
Manager - Business Operations Development
Confidential, Lafayette Hills, PA
- Responsible for business operations reports conversion. All reports coded in SQL within SQL Server 2000 through views, tables, stored procedures and DTS packages and brought into Crystal front-end.
- Responsible for obtaining and defining user requirements for new reports.
- Attained departmental information throughout company to use as a source to develop new reports previously compiled and maintained manually.
- Cross application data extraction and development of new business operations reports.
- Data analysis.
- Responsible for acquiring and defining data elements and developing system requirements for new applications to be used throughout the organization.
- Provided User support for new applications.
- Performed systems analysis and testing.
- Supervisor to two report writers and a DBA.
- Reported directly to the CIO.
- Combined all Company Real Estate information for data import into new Real Estate property management application while redesigning application to better suit company's needs.
- Developed key financial reports for Senior Management.
- Discovered a key flaw in clinical system and initiated a change to the system to ensure data quality when developing cross application reports company wide.
- Worked with Business Operations to develop companywide report request policies and procedures.
Confidential, Lafayette Hills, PA
- Met with Business users to determine business rules and flowcharting data processes within workgroups to be used in development of user requirements and workgroup reports.
- Conversion of existing FoxPro reports, along with analysis of the report methodology for accuracy in compliance with business rules, and the correction of reports development when methodology did not comply.
- Index creation and optimization testing of these indices on tables and views used within each workgroup, before reports were moved to production.
- System testing, assistance in user testing, report modification if requested by users within time constraints and acquiring user sign offs.
- Daily Ad-Hoc report development. All reports coded in SQL within SQL Server 2000 through views, tables, stored procedures and DTS packages and brought into Crystal front-end. Responsible for maintaining and processing reports and reports scheduling.
- Responsible for acquiring the business processes, and the development and maintenance of reports for the two largest and most complicated workgroups within the organization: Authorization Processes, and Accounts Receivable.
- Analysis of previous Authorization Reports concluded incorrect methodology, which had been accepted as correct within the business community for the past 3 years. Findings lead to restructure of reports after thorough investigation of the organization’s business rules. This restructuring allowed the organization to report for dollars not claimed that until this finding, had been unaccountable, and in some cases recoup money lost. Also led to managerial promotion.
Confidential, Melville, NY
- Provide reporting to refer members to disease management programs, measure effectiveness of disease management initiatives and to target areas for program improvement
- Headed project to rectify incomplete data received from an outside vendor.
- Proposed and maintained databases that performed routine checks on data received from outside vendors for validity.
Confidential, Greenvale, NY
- Completed store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintained store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintained store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ensured availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.