Results - producing and flexible individual with experience in leading projects and manufacturing operations through strategic operations planning, team development, and a strong understanding of customer needs. Superior leadership and management skills to direct projects and bring them to successful completion. Talented trainer and technical instructor that applies a variety of learning techniques to increase knowledge and retention.
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Project Management Staff Training & Development Staff Management
- Quality Control Customer Relations Vendor Relations
- Production Scheduling Operations Management Technical Training
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
Confidential, Lewisburg, Tennessee
- Direct all aspects of a 3-shift corrugator operation to include production, quality, and shipment of finished sheets.
- Maintained operational tempo and met customer demands in the midst of high employee turnover.
- Re-assigned floor duties and monitored value-added work to reduce overtime costs.
- Maintains a high culture of safety, department TCR 0.0
Confidential, Plymouth, Michigan
- Direct all aspects of a 3-shift corrugated Confidential operation to include scheduling, production, and shipment of finished goods.
- Oversee 7 supervisors in 4 operational departments.
- Wrote, justified, coordinated, and implemented over $8.5 M in capital equipment projects.
- React to market demands and ensure product manufacture and delivery with 18-hr or less lead times.
- Implement operational process improvements to improve paper yield 1.1% equivalent to $200K annual savings.
- Increased productivity 15% by reduction of unnecessary or non-value-added overtime.
- Manages all local, state, and federal environmental permits/programs.
- Established relations with local vendors to negotiate pricing with average savings of 25-30%
- Management Development Training Program
Confidential, New York
- Supervise and direct a crew of 20 union employees in a corrugated manufacturing facility. Effectively resolves quality, scheduling, and personnel issues within an ISO environment.
- Managed all vacation tracking, approval, and conflict resolution for a plant staff of 80.
- Trained and fill-in as Shipping Manager.
- Organized and conducted flexographic press training, reducing average fabricating setup time by 12 minutes, increased equipment productivity by 11%.
- Flexographic Printing, Profit Adventure Training Programs.
TRAINING COORDINATOR & SPECIALIST
Confidential, New York
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction to engineering students on power generation concepts, theory and technology.
- Coordinated & tracked all aspects of student training and progress.
- Provide counseling and remedial work as necessary.
- Planned, coordinated, and led student tours through turbine facilities
- Implement digital/web-based program solutions, reduced course cycle time/T&L for $250K annual savings.
- Directed 25 union employees in a facility manufacturing plastic containers for foods, medical and pharmaceutical use.
- Ensured product quality by strict adherence to SPC, dimensional and ISO 9000 standards.
- Through material and overtime control, increased annual margin by 8%.
- Developed, wrote, and implemented ISO procedures for initial certification.