Business - first technology leader with proven ability to envision and implement best practice organizations, drive process improvements. Experienced leading application development and delivery, project, program and portfolio management with global businesses in matrix management settings. Well versed in waterfall and Agile. Practiced change leader. Focus on delivering tangible business benefits. Broad and versatile understanding of information technology.
- Global Leader, self-motivated, organized
- Exceptional communication skills
- Influencer |Negotiator | Consensus | Coalition builder
- Comfortable with ambiguity and skilled in complex problem analysis and solution development
- Strong business acumen
- Global internal/external/vendor team management
- Business process improvements | SixSigma
- Business analytics, metrics and KPIs
- Risk | Contingency Planning
- Build, Mentor, Manage High performing teams
- Strategy | Planning, road map creation and execution, strategic planning
- IT governance in portfolio | program | project management, ITIL, and DevOps
- Change Leadership | Change Management
- Quickly adapt to and leverage new technologies
- Global vendor management
- C-level Steering Committee presentation
- Partner with HR, Legal, IT, Logistics, DevOps, Finance, Ops, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing
- Budget Management | Project and Program Finance Management
- Defined, developed and implemented Portfolio, Program, and Project Management offices (PMO) with processes, systems, tools and templates to consistently deliver solutions. Integrated Agile practices including sprints, scrums, user stories, product backlogs, retrospectives, estimating, etc. into processes.
- Established governance and control over $40-60M annual capital IT portfolio to manage funding requests and decision making, ongoing risk management.
- Guided development of multi-year strategic plans and technology roadmaps; partnered with business leaders to ensure that business strategy, IT road maps and projects were aligned to achieve goals.
- Governed capital project portfolios: reviewed proposals, budgets, plans, risks, issues, project health. Conducted weekly and monthly project reviews to manage complex interdependencies, identify and resolve issues.
- Managed, coached and mentored project managers throughout the project lifecycle. Provided critical feedback and identified development opportunities to improve business acumen and project management skills.
- Directed functional and project teams in direct report and matrix environments. Managed global teams and consultants developing software and implementing enterprise systems. Recruited, hired and managed project teams up to 70 people. Managed offshore and nearshore vendor partnerships.
- Established program management, oversight and governance for 11 enterprise ERP system conversion programs
- Partnered with internal and external organizations onshore and offshore to manage global implementation projects for enterprise applications (SAP, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, LIMs, Asset Management, etc.)
- Integrated change management with project management, process improvement, and lean manufacturing.
- Enterprise Portfolio Management, Program Management, Project Management
- Business Processes:
- Order to Cash
- Requisition to Check
- Direct/indirect supply chain management
- Manufacturing and shop floor controls
- HR business
- Business Master Data Management
- Extract, Transform Load (ETL) for complex system conversions
- Web application development for B2B
- Budgets up to $15m | Teams 5 to 75 people
- SAP ECC, BI, CRM, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, O365, FileNet
- FDA GxP (GCP, GMP, GLP), Medical Devices regulation and computer systems validation
- ServiceNow, Remedy
- HP PPM, Clarity, Mercury, SAP PPM, ServiceNow PPM, Microsoft Project (on-premise and cloud)
- SOx, HPPA, PCI, SEI, CMM
- Agile (SCRUM,SAFE, Kanban), RUP (Rational Unified Process), waterfall project management and software development
- Kotter 8 step, PROSCI ADKAR change management
- Confluence, Atlassian JIRA, BaseCamp, Google Doc, Google Drive
- PERT, CPM, GANTT, Stage Gate and Milestones, Earned Value Management (EVM), ASAP, RUP, Prince2, Summit-D project management methodologies and frameworks
- Business Requirements Definition, fit/gap analysis, product roadmap
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)
Confidential, Pepperell, MA
- Evaluate and advise IT organizations on project and portfolio management optimization and PMO process improvement.
- Defined and led $2.5m program to convert 8 stand-alone legacy business and manufacturing systems to enterprise PeopleSoft/Red Pepper, Preactor solution. Scope included Order to Cash, Supply Chain, Scheduling, Manufacturing (Shop Floor), Quality, Forecasting, Logistics. Established project management processes and integrated Agile practices. Led combined business/IT team of 75 people to identify and document fit/gap, identify and plan changes to processes, convert data and integrate business processes and systems into the practices of the parent company. Led organizational change management initiative.
Director, Portfolio & Project Management Office
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
- Established project and portfolio management best practices and culture to drive project performance and portfolio governance across Confidential IT. Integrated Agile and traditional SDLC practices.
- Directed annual capital IT funding process ($25-$30M). Established analysis and prioritization processes to select projects. Improved proposal quality by integrating technology, financial, resource capacity, risk, security, change management, and ROI reviews into proposal process. Developed portfolio analyses, scenarios, and executive-level summaries to inform decision making. Collaborated with Senior leadership to prioritize projects.
- Improved project benefits delivery by establishing accountability and measurement: created benefits registry, ownership, and reporting. Ensured quality proposals by coaching project managers and sponsors on benefits definition, metrics, and KPIs. Developed standard project and portfolio benefits reports to analyze pipeline and active projects.
- Reduced errors, rework, and waste for $20M capital IT portfolio by implementing technical, security, financial, and business case reviews, and milestone based funding releases.
- Conducted project proposal reviews and directed monthly project review committee in evaluating projects and proposals. Coached sponsors and project managers on proposal preparation and project execution.
- Founded Confidential Project Management Community of Practice. Designed and led workshops, forums, study groups, and roundtables to improve leadership, communication, and business knowledge.
- Designed and taught Confidential IT Academy Project Management Foundations course.
Director, Global Portfolio & Project Management Office
Confidential, Woburn, MA
- Spearheaded establishment of Global Project and Portfolio Management Office and Center of Excellence. Implemented best practices for project management, software development (SDLC), and software quality assurance to support scaling for growth and enabling 17 successful SAP implementations. Processes implemented across 5 divisions worldwide. (AMER, EMEA, APAC) Initial rationalizations resulted in $16M cost savings.
- Global lead for program and project management directing a team of 12 employees, contractors, and consultants, graduate student interns, and 35+ matrix employees and consultants.
- Directed global programs and projects for SAP, Navision, Web Services and Applications, and Commercial & Corporate Applications with $18M annual budget. Implemented ITIL best practices for data centers and applications. Ensured compliance with relevant US Federal, State and European Union (EU) regulations.
- Headed global project management office for conversion of EMEA legacy ERPs to SAP (10 locations in 7 countries).
- Managed upgrades of SAP ERP, Business Warehouse, and Customer Relationship Management applications ($5.5M).
- Led Six Sigma teams for IT, finance, and manufacturing. Incorporated organizational change management processes into Six Sigma/Lean practices. Coached large projects on change management.
- Headed project management team for implementation of SAP manufacturing production control, purchasing, and sales in Shanghai and Suzhou, China. ($4m)., ITIL Service, Incident, Change Management processes to ensure secure and stable business applications.IT
- Grew IT leadership pipeline: recruited college seniors; hired, supervised, and coached 12 new employees through 2 year IT Leadership Development Program. Also established Graduate Intern program: hired and supervised 6 MSIT students. (Converted 3 interns to permanent employees.)
- Managed weekly SAP releases and monthly data center maintenance planning and execution.