Operations Analyst, Columbia, Md
- Monitor computing resources within the environment to help ensure federal guidelines were met.
- Desktop Support via face to face, remote,email,telephone
- Alert system owners of degraded system status; and
- Alert system owners, stakeholders and management of production Severity 1 incidents
- Monitor Data Center Network, Infrastructure Bandwidth,Server / Infrastructure, Applications within the environment
- Agent & Production based Monitoring
- Event(s) & Alert(s) Escalation performed day to day activities using Windows (Win7 & 8) as well as UNIX based systems
- Notify internal stakeholders of Severity 1 incidents received from Baltimore Data Center (BDC) that affect the Marketplace.
- Incident identification, notifications, ticket generation, recording, classification, investigation and the most complex diagnoses.
- Advanced troubleshooting, escalation and driving service restoration activities helping ensure all duties from a technical and non - technical perspective are completed in a consistent and timely manner.
- Assist with Change Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Coordination, etc..
System Admin/Support, McLean, Va
- Cisco Unity Administration, voice-mail setup & unified messaging configuration
- Cisco Unified Call manager Administration
- Configure & Deploy Cisco IP phones & Conference Stations
- Install & Support Cisco Any connect VPN Solution
- Day to day administration of email & directory technologies including administering user account creation, modification access & Group Policy Management.
- Copy user profiles & registry’s during transitions using Quest Migration Manager
- Interface weekly with I.T. Team to discuss plan of action and problem areas relating to network, equipment and ongoing issues.
- Provided reporting on ticket data and break fit stats.
- Provide support for Macs & MAC users up to & including, SW install, troubleshooting, add remove network resources, authentication, server connection. Peripheral connections.
- Monitor network using Solar-winds Solution & Whats Up Gold Solutions
- Acted as POC for on-site clients pertaining to IT matters (hardware and software)
- Support/troubleshooting/maintenance of Office 365 & Microsoft Office Suites Lync & Communicator - 2010/2012
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, remote access, as well as email utilizing Footprints & Service Desk Express Ticketing Systems
- Diagnosing IP, DNS, VPN, Http(s) & Network related issues; solving software and hardware related problems on Laptops, Smart Phones, Ipads, PCs, Printers
- Perform preventative maintenance on peripheral devices,PCs,Laptops, Mobile devices
- Research for solutions to rare OS or SW specific issues
- Instal & Maintain MS 2008 * MS20012 RS Servers
- Leverage Managed Engine Desktop Central for Enterprise Inventory, SW Deployments & Support
- Configure & deploy new PCs & Laptops using Windows Deployment Services (usually windows 7 & 8)
- Upgrade PCs & Laptops to Salient Standards (Windows 8, 7, Office 365 Symantec corporate AV)
- Backup ATS Exchange Databases using Arc Serve
- Install & assist in providing administration of Symantec AV Corporate edition
- Windows Server Installation & management both physical & virtual using VMWare
- Support/Troubleshoot/configure Windows, MAC & Android Devices including phones & tablets
I.T. Consultant, Adelphi, MD
- Provided consulting services pertaining to LAN design, configuration and installation as well as other technical support
- Install and Configure & Administrate MS Exchange Server, MS2008 Server
- Install & Monitor network using solar winds solution
- Implement & Adminstar MS Office 36S, including Lync
- Implemented & Assured Federal Disaster recovery guidelines were met.
- Worked to implement & meet Federal disaster recovery guidelines
- Provide budget and total expenditures to CEO for necessary equipment as well as recommend/choice of vendors
- Interface with vendors pertaining to equipment and software; maintain licenses, oversee renewals, etc.
- Purchase,Configure,troubleshoot Router, firewall solutions, PCs, laptops, Blackberry, and peripheral devices
- Purchase digital Communications equipment (Data Circuits)
- Assist in design of company website
- Administer user accounts
- Served as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for proposals relating to IT projects to include budget estimations and staff selections
Manager I.T. Services, Landover, MD
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade the Confidential LAN. Provide general LAN troubleshooting services for Confidential ’s executive staff on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Perform as Subject Matter Expert on Federal Government IT Proposals, including level 5 Support
- Report directly to President/CEO with departmental status, goals budget guidelines and departmental direction
- Ensure Dept was within budget guidelines
- Monitor QSI network performance and oversee day to day Departmental functions
- Network, mail, user profiles, user accounts, hardware and software issues
- Accept proposals from various LECs for analog & digital lines
- Work with local Telcos when phone/data lines were down or had issue
- Assist & Oversee OS Deployment and Configuration using SCCM ( Confidential )
- Purchase & configure MACS for marketing team, install & troubleshoot SW, connect to network resources.
- Purchase and configure PCs, laptops, printers, Blackberry, PDAs, and smart phones
- Ensure all end user devices have necessary software updates, patches, AV definitions, and required 3rd party software
- Perform data backups (both daily incremental & monthly)
- Project management tasks related to IT contracts acting as a liaison to Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR)
- Provide after hours and weekend technical support on a rotational basis.
Confidential, Herndon, VASystem Admin/Support
- Place equipment orders and maintain a close business relationship with various equipment providers/vendors.
- Complete build, configuration, and testing of product in clients’ IT environment.
- Coordinated logistics for nationwide travel averaging 2-3 cities per week, including travel arrangements, hotel, rental car and access to secured facilities.
- Travel independently, nationwide, to complete equipment installation at client locations.
- Configure Confidential routers and update any necessary ACLs to ensure stable internet routing.
- Identify and resolve any possible routing and/or reach ability issues while on site.
- Provide third-level support to Confidential help desk staff and act as an escalation point for clients.
- Develop and refine departmental business processes and policies to improve efficiency and level of service.
Customer Support Repair, Herndon, VA
- Provide technical support to Covad’s business clients and residential users through phone and email.
- Take inbound Partner/end-user technical support calls.
- Document and update customer reported issues via the remedy ticketing system.
- Resolve all reported troubles while providing a high level of service to the customer.
- Monitor company IP network and equipment.
- Configure network DSLAMs and switches for new customer turn ups and outage resolution. Remotely
- Verify MAC users were able to connect & use DSL technology
- Troubleshoot end-user LAN issues including analysis of LAN cabling, segmentation, routing and topology.
- Provide desktop support and installation assistance for new CPE and PPOE software on Win XP, Win 2000 & Win NT OS’s.
- Make DNS and IP configurations on CPE as well as Covad devices.
- Perform data circuit testing and troubleshooting in order to isolate any possible points of failure.
- Conduct cooperative testing with partner ISPs, National Telco’s’ and end-users.
- Process end-user change requests.
Senior Network Engineer, Ashburn, VA
- Provide expert quality technical assistance to Confidential 's corporate client base in a 24x7x365 NOC.
- Investigate and resolve routing issues on the Confidential Backbone working with protocols such as BGP and ISIS as well as incorporating the OSI model for logical linear fault isolation.
- Execute configuration on various Cisco and Juniper routers.
- Coordinate with vendors, customers, and other ISPs to ensure stable Internet routing.
- Troubleshoot and repair data circuits, ranging from the T-1 to OC-48 level.
- Open trouble tickets as well as conduct circuit testing with local, regional, and foreign telecommunications providers (ATM, frame-relay, satellite, fiber optic).
- Document, track, and resolve all client issues via the Remedy Ticketing system.
- Proactively monitor client circuits and the Confidential backbone via the Net cool monitoring system.
- Assign, allocate, and route IP addresses for Confidential customers.
- Update necessary registry databases and log files through UNIX based interfaces.