- Highly qualified Software Expert with demonstrated success managing life cycle projects from planning and development to testing and deployment of complex integrations and implementations.
- Leveraging a sound technical background in software development and strong consultative skills to elicit client requirements and lead project teams in the installation and maintenance of healthcare data solutions across large hospital networks.
- Regarded as a thought leader who guides cross - functional teams to deliver the highest levels of quality and care to create sustainable profitability and execute on organizational objectives.
- Intersystems Ensemble
- MS SQL Server
- Progress 4GL
- Visual Basic using COM/COM+
- ANSI X.12
- Visual Studio
- . Java
- Shell Scripting
- Windows OS
- Developed full-stack applications for customers using MongoDB, Angular, Bootstrap, Express, and Node.js
- Made exclusive use of Linux in both development and deployed environments.
- Consult with customers about business needs as it relates to IT and Software.
- Work mainly focused around Insurance and Healthcare market.
Vice President of R&D / Professional Services / Support
- Led a team of developers to produce quality healthcare applications using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Hands-On Position where I was able to develop software using C#, C++, Java, Intersystems Cache ObjectScript.
- Developed custom HL7 interfaces for many large hospital organizations throughout the United States using Intersystems Ensemble and Cache utilizing Cache ObjectScript for data transforms.
- Completely redesigned and re-wrote the scripting which is done for the SmartID and SmartManager products, moving everything off of the proprietary LSS language and C++ into the more industry popular C#.
- Developed “Screen Scraping” modules to allow our SmartID software to interact with Hospital Information Systems seamlessly.
- Developed an automated merge scripting using C# and the “Screen Scraping” modules.
- Integrated our software with a 3rd party Palm Vein Identification software using Java. This allows patients to use the palm of their hand to pull their medical records up for a registrar.
- Developer support for legacy products working with front end applications written in C++ and VB6, and working with backend software which utilized SQL Server, TSQL, Intersystems Ensemble, Java/JBoss and C++.
- Developed front-end application for searching the EMPI. This application was integrated into HIS systems using the tools I had earlier developed (above) in C# using WPF.
- Managed direct reports ranging from Software Developers, Software Implementation, as well as Project Managers.
- Integrated our system with a multitude of customers all using hospital information systems to include Epic, Cerner Millennium, Medicity, Siemens (Cerner) Invision, McKesson Star, Meditech, CPSI, Allscripts, Athena, QuadraMed Affinity, QuadraMed QCPR, and GE Centricity to name a few.
Director of Information Technology
- Sole technical resource to handle support, administration, and software development for the entire company from August 2005 through February 2006. Later moved into a position overseeing the support and administration. Development responsibility included using ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server, and Oracle 10g. It also included support and administration of servers and client PC’s using Windows Server 2003, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Linux, and Windows XP.
- Developed a web-based imaging system using ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio 2005 and Oracle 10g.
- Developed a web-based reporting system using Crystal Reports XI release 2, ASP.NET 2.0, C#, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server, and Oracle 10g.
- Developed Premium Accounting software used to track and bill customers for insurance premium for thousands of policyholders. This project was developed using Microsoft C#.NET and Oracle 10g.
Manager of Software Engineering
- I was the lead developer of a small group of EDI developers working with the SmartAdvisor® Medical Bill Review Application. My group was in charge of enhancing the EDI capabilities such that they could be maintained in a real-time transactional nature using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004 and Microsoft Visual C#.NET.
- From May 2002 through March 2004 my group was responsible for developing custom EDI’s for clients using Microsoft Visual C#.NET and Java.
- Supported and maintained the ReturnDM case management application that I wrote while at Indemni-Med Management (bought by Fair Isaac in 2002) using Java, Oracle, and Weblogic Server
- Converted the CompAdvisor® application to SmartAdvisor® which was a conversion from VB6 to VB.NET.
- Lead the development of the ReturnDM case management and utilization review software using Java Swing/JSP, Weblogic Server, ASP, Crystal Reports, XML, Visual C#, ASP.NET and Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i
- At Indemni-Med, I was in charge of all IT operations, which included all hardware and software purchases, choice of development languages for all of our products, as well as all network architecture. I also was in charge of all of our phone systems, and of course all software development activities.