- Hands on training in structural and rough framing carpentry.
- Hands on training in interior and exterior Finish work, such as drywall finishing, installation of doors and windows, installation of fine moldings such 3 and 4 stage trim and also expert crown molding installation.
- Hands on training in Electrical and Plumbing.
- Able to write and understand contracts.
- Work well with clients and other personnel such as subcontractors and governmental.
- Skilled in foreman work and supervision of construction projects.
- Skilled in construction layout such as building, electrical and plumbing and other trade work.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities or systems.
- Take action to deal with the results of delays, bad weather or emergencies at construction sites.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, environmental regulations or other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Perform or contract others to perform pre - building assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility or energy efficiency, environmental and sustainability assessments.
- Job planning and coordinate with all trades necessary to complete the job on time and meet job deadlines.
- Skilled in reading Blue prints in all phases of construction.
- Work with Governmental Offices and Plan Examiners to meet all code requirements for projects.
- Experienced in how interior and exterior rough and finished products should look, such as structural in framing, concrete, roofing, pluming, HVAC and electrical, also completion of drywall, moldings, doors, windows and trim.
- Experienced in working with Architects and Engineers, as well with clients and all other trades.