Resourceful, strategic, innovative leader with over thirty years of experience in information technology. Demonstrated experience in providing oversight and direction for all phases of IT programs and projects. Experienced in strategic resource planning, issue and risk management, and enabling business processes through IT solutions. Comprehensive understanding of full SDLC methodologies such as agile, iterative, and waterfall. PMP and Scrum Master certified.
Project Portfolio Manager
- Performed strategic business and resource planning activities along with key stakeholders in support of the organization's annual plan.
- Engaged in project selection activities to ensure projects with strategic value are being worked on by the organization.
- Coordinated activities to improve portfolio efficiency.
- Provide visibility to the Executive Team into the performance of the portfolio and achieving the goals of the organization
- Assisted with achieving financial objectives of the company via collection, influence, and reporting out on the performance of each of the projects as it relates to organizational goals.
- Developed and/or oversaw processes to establish, track, and measure key portfolio data points.
National Account Manager
- Responsible for developing long - term relationships with strategically important customers.
- Liaison between our strategic customers and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions from implementation through post implementation according to the customer needs.
- Manage accounts in a responsive manner that includes conflict resolution, ensure compliance on client deliverables and exceed client expectations.
- Led the Project Management Office (PMO) and its staff.
- Coordinated with senior leadership to identify strategic process improvement opportunities that are aligned with strategic business objectives to increase operational efficiencies.
- Designed, Developed, Implemented and Maintained appropriate processes for Project Managers.
- Designed and built reports to provide portfolio information to leadership and executive committees.
- Supported Project Managers through training initiatives and mentoring on project management skills and use of tools and processes.
Senior Project Manager
- Scrum Master for All Lines of Business Team. Conducted daily stand ups, managed burn down chart, facilitated retrospective and sprint reviews.
- Managed the implementation of a new print vendor. Migrated all documents from existing print vendor and developed new processes and documents for new print vendor. Responsible for contracts, financials, vendor relationship, and internal deliverables to meet deadlines. Managed creation of new internal processes to support the implementation post go live.
Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for directing development and QA staff on a multi-year program to implement new functionality and enhancements to the provider portal.
- Worked with the leadership team to develop a cost benefit analysis for the multi-year multi-million dollar program with emphasis on reducing hard costs and improving the provider experience.
- Delivered new Netsmart myAvatar EHR system to the hospital by working collaboratively with all stakeholders (clinical, financial, vendor, IT) to develop prioritized requirements, design, test and implement the new product.
- Rolled out 450+ pieces of new equipment including virtual desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and desktops.
- Responsible for overall project direction including $4.5M budget, 10 internal resources, vendor relationship, contracting, system and equipment delivery.
- Intimately involved in the analysis and design of the to-be process and procedures using best practice lean methodologies, workflow design, and policies and procedures that the system will support.
- Accountable for the development of a training rollout plan, change management plan, and operational plan that supported the optimization process of the system post go live.
- Maintained the detailed project schedule, budget, issue and risk log, change requests.
Director, IT PMO
- Functioned as the Director of the IT Program Office with direct management responsibility for project, program, and portfolio management, business analysis and testing teams.
- Collaborated with the IT Management team to develop a resource management process and tool using SharePoint to better project the capacity and the demand of the IT resources using the right resources at the right time on the right project.
- Directed the reporting of progress for projects to executive management and gaining their support for the plan.
- Strategically directed and resourced up to 50 projects at a time for Epic and Meditech EHR applications, infrastructure, IT Security and desktop support.
- Managed the implementation of a testing methodology that improved project delivery and quality. Instituted test automation techniques and processes using Test Complete.
Manager, IT PMO
- Functioned as the manager of the IT Program Office with direct management responsibility of project managers and testing resources that delivered large government projects within strict timelines.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of established project standards and guidelines.
- Program Managed a large multi-year, multi-million-dollar program via an agile methodology.
- Managed reporting progress of projects to executive management.
- Created and managed the governance process to prioritize and schedule work that facilitated a productive collaborative environment that delivered quick value to the business.
- Functioned as the manager of project managers, testers and business analysts.
- Program managed large strategic projects, spanning three years with up to a $7M per year budget. Involved complete platform migration including decommissioning of the old systems.
- Created and managed the governance process to prioritize and schedule work according to resource availability and business priorities.
- With the use of multiple methodologies (scrum / agile, iterative, and waterfall) created executive dashboards used to communicate milestones, status, dates, issues and risks to senior leadership in a consistent manner.
IT Development Manager
- Consulted with internal and external clients in the analysis of short and long term goals for business requirements and technical solutions on the claims system.
- Managed large strategic vendor relationships including EDS and Cognizant both on-shore and off-shore.
- Engaged in ongoing strategic planning activities to create IT roadmap for the claims line of business.
- Led an RFP to replace legacy claims system. Included CBA an ROI analysis.