- Agile coach/Scrum Master with Business/Data analysis expertise Seasoned agile transformation coach and scrum master with practical experience transforming organizations, coaching and training executives and managers at the portfolio and program levels and Scrum Masters, product owners, analysts, QA, architects and tech leads, and developers at the team level.
- Over 21 years’ experience combined analysis, management, training and consulting experience Including 8+ years’ experiences as Scrum Master and Agile Product Owner in healthcare, government and finance domain.
- Coached teams on Agile, Kanban, Scrum and Lean to product owners, development teams and quality assurance teams.
- Coached team members on Agile processes and facilitated planning meetings and retrospectives. Maintained task board and produced daily burndown charts.
- Successfully guided multiple development teams through transition from waterfall to Agile development, Lead team of employees to redefine Agile team roles. Mentored new Scrum Masters on how to work with their teams.
- Brought in Agile best practices such as time - boxing, continuous integration, code/design reviews, transparency, accountability, tracking (JIRA/Rational), product visioning, spiking, slack, generalized specialist, technical debt reduction, self-management, Kanban, empowerment and role training. Restructured hiring protocols, lead cross-division forums, resolved up/down stream waterfall dependencies, developed job specific agility surveys, set up a standards boards and facilitated the division's re-organization.
- Implemented business and technical initiatives that utilize a business solutions approach, applying information systems as a tool to achieve operational excellence, improve efficiencies and increase ability to respond to fast paced market demands.
- Analytical and solution-oriented IT professional specializing in business transformation - fusing business strategy with technology insight to help organizations align their business vision.
- Guiding project teams in every phase to improve efficiency and optimize implementation of state-of-the-art systems
- Government, Healthcare, Finance domain experience working on major initiatives with proven expertise improving business processes, effectively manage business transformation, organizational change management and value engineering with optimization.
- Contribute strong health care domain expertise combined with Agile coaching, Scrum Master, Program Management, Project Management, hands-on technical acumen and Business analysis skills to define business objectives and project scope.
- Successfully build the bridge between business and technology groups to deliver on time, with quality and within budget.
- Experience in new process technology implementation and training, and conducting system and user acceptance test.
- Enforced Kanban principles as a scrum master that resulted in reduction of Cycle time by 20% thus increasing team's throughput in less than 8 weeks.
- Worked on engagements defining population health management solutions, payment innovations, value based care delivery, product strategy and building of Personal Health Record, Health Risk Assessment, Member Health Index, Health Risk Stratification, Health Data Exchanges in CCD/HL7, Health & Wellness solutions and Provider Portal.
- Provided technical leadership in a team that designed and developed analysis systems to extract meaning from large scale data.
- Mentored sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics using advanced statistical and machine learning models.
- Managed data operations team and collaborated with data warehouse developers to meet business user needs, promote data security, and maintain data integrity.
- Lead efforts in designing and development of metrics for reports.
- Collaborated closely with SMEs to identify and analyze core requirements and key features for call center operations projects. Facilitated user interviews and workshops to gather and analyze user stories.
- Providing business consulting on value based care delivery and payment innovations models and developing rules based attribution engine to the Enterprise Data warehouse team of a large blue plan for meeting the Confidential mandate and supporting new quality oriented value based delivery programs.
- Successfully led the program business team and delivered a mandated Value Based Care Delivery program of a Blue Plan, working closely with the Business Stakeholders, EPMO and the IT Teams of a large healthcare payer enabling the blue plan’s strategic initiative of Value Based Care Delivery programs. The program included setup of value based care delivery programs like PCMH, ACO and EOC programs and extending them to all National Account members; developing Provider Payment Innovation models, provider performance management and pay for performance modules to implement new provider payment methods based on health outcomes; developing an attribution engine enabling provider - member attribution for effective care coordination by sharing relevant member health data via secure data exchanges. Responsible for business transformation and organizational change management and building operational procedures for the entire program for operational readiness and to seamlessly transferring activities from the program team to operations.
- Efficiently managed operational strategies and directed enterprise- wide implementation projects flawlessly while consistently delivering desired results and contributing to revenue- producing activities.
- Planned and managed work activities of at least two software development/test teams (Web Portal, Dealer Onboarding) working closely in conjunction with business teams.
- Specialized in defining, analyzing & managing business requirements and providing IT solutions with value engineering that help resource optimization and achieve organizational excellence.
- Actively involved in a program for designing and developing a Member Health Engagement Platform/Portal for a largest payer. The highly interactive personal health record with a built-in usage based revenue model, has capabilities to synchronize and manage member health data from claims, risk assessments, member reported, data portability in CCD formats. This health data of individual is run in Care Engine; algorithms built on evidence based clinical standards to determine member’s health engagement plan and health risk score.
- Actively involved in opportunity identification and strategizing solutions for target customers (new and existing), worked closely with sales and proposals teams in preparing RFI/RFP responses and sales material creation for prospects.
- Experience in developing solution road maps, solution architectures and implementation road map.
- Produced substantial cost savings, optimized resources and successfully managed solutions to maximize business efficiencies.
- Recognized for consistent success in developing systems, process and procedure to streamline corporate operations, improve processes and enhance performance.
- Experience in validating high level business needs and developing high level use cases.
- Business Analysis
- Big Data Analysis
- Requirements Management
- Product Management
- Program Management
- Date Warehouse
- Scrum Master
- Agile Methodologies
- Organizational Change Management
- Leadership, Team Building and Communication
- Statistical Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Business Transformation
- KPI/Metric Measurements
- Quality Management
- Strategy Management
- Solution Development
- Healthcare domain
- Scrum Master/Agile Product Owner supporting business owner, implementing
- An interagency interoperable platform to support enrollment, eligibility determination and care coordination for service members/veterans who require comprehensive care. Involving large data warehousing and data migration to a new integrated inter agency platform
- A veteran satisfaction survey feedback reporting system capturing feedback data from surveys, emails, calls, social media to develop reports and analytics for care managers, divisional heads, leadership at various levels.
- Project is part of Care coordination platform between Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Veterans Administration(VA) that enables agencies to create, transfer, manage, report care management services to Veterans.
- As the Agile Product Owner responsible for UI design, business process design/redesign, developing data migration plans, coordinating migration, developing test plans, coordinating UAT. Release planning.
- As the Scrum Master responsible for sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint retrospectives, helping teams to redefine agile roles.
- Provided guidance on the formation of long-lasting cross-functional self-organizing teams
- Directed team of developers, measured team velocity and facilitated daily standup meetings and global workshops. Coached and mentored team in agile development methodology, as well as provided knowledge transfer to business teams across disciplines in SCRUM development processes.
- Developed and distributed weekly dashboard status for product backlog and developed burn-down charts.
- Led initiatives to build statistical models using historical data to predict customer service delivery models
- Performed regular research and gathered new statistical evidence at every opportunity. Communicated with business owners and development teams regarding findings
- Lead solutions design and business process modelling
Agile Coach/Engagement Manager
- Identify key areas for Confidential Consulting Practice operational and process improvement throughout the product development, sales, marketing, and administrative functions to ensure quicker time to market.
- Establish new Executive Level relationship with key Stakeholders.
- Analyze Market Dynamics and competition to develop business opportunities for the team.
- Manage Associate Consultants, Consultants, Senior Consultants and Lead Consultants across the practice.
- Create responsive customer management policies, procedures and reporting systems to enhance service level requirements, and to ensure compliance with the client.
- Monitored build metrics to detect quality trends, test coverage and conformity to standards.
- Established effective communication channels with stakeholders and met quality assurance objectives, budget goals and demanding deadlines. Translated technical terms into user-friendly language.
- As Business Leader, responsible for implementing Payment Innovations Delivery Platform for delivering value based care to the National Account members of the blues. This includes leading and guiding the teams through business transformation, operational readiness, managing the team of Business, Systems and Capability Analysts, One Teams involved in the definition, solution design, development, testing and implementation of the IT solution.
- Supervise the definition, design of deliverables through an iterative approach through all phases of life cycle using a hybrid of Agile and Waterfall models and involving One Teams to deliver various sprints.
- Develop and Maintain relationships with project stakeholders, business owners, steering committee, EPMO, updating them of requirements and solution progress and issues; managing expectations on all requirements and deliverables.
- Provided initial assessments of agile operations
- Lead team of employees to redefine Agile team roles. Maintained an Agile Coach podcast explaining Agile concepts to our area. Mentored new Scrum Masters on how to work with their teams.
- Helped multiple teams transition into Scrum development methodology.
- Manage 9 engagement teams by providing organizational leadership, mentoring, career development and coaching.
- Design new process for client to communicate imperative managed healthcare data with other Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans across the United States and to attributed providers to eliminate any existing gaps in care.
- Manage UAT and Plan to Plan testing with multiple plans implementing Payment Innovations Platform.
- Interact with Confidential and represented Horizon to understand emerging VBCD/BDTC requirements and assessing the impacts on the work in progress and planning the delivery of the requirements.
- Initiated and coordinated end to end testing with 6 blue plans in association with Confidential team to test the overall payment innovations data exchanges and spearheaded the test execution of various large scale integration of Membership, Claims, Attribution, Providers, ADT and financial data across blue plans, financial settlement between plans and charge back to opted-in self-insured groups.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Serve as the Scrum Master/Functional Lead for Plan Management business functionality implementation of Affordable Acre Act ( Confidential )
- Running daily standup scrums
- Maintaining the Scrum board stories and tasks
- Planning for sprint work
- Assisting team on Story sizing
- Working with Product Owner on Product backlog
- Assisting on developing test scripts
- Removing roadblocks between development groups
- Keeping the team on track
- Facilitating retrospectives.
- Worked closely with business owners, developers and SME’s to gather requirements.
- Analyzed requirements and map to policy guidelines.
- Prepared mind maps diagrams to support requirement-engineering process.
- Documented requirements and creating traceability in central repository.
- Guided and supported a team of Business Analysts on policy and guidelines for requirements engineering.
- Validates system requirements and Blue print for Epics and User stories.
- Performed reverse walk trough’s for each sprint and supported change management in requirements.