- Over 7 years experience in the newspaper publishing industry
- Over two years of writing for magazines and other outlets.
- Experienced in writing, editing and working to meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills with an emphasis on essay and editorial pieces. strong understanding of the advances and use in the Technology industry including assistive technology.
- Proficient in PC environments, any adaptive hardware or software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, audacity audio editing software, Lotus Notes, and adept search engine optimization skills.
- Published writer, adaptive technology, and grammar/English tutor.
Confidential, Daytona beach, Florida
Assistive technology and English tutor
- Assisted students on the use and manipulation of assistive devices, software, and technology.
- Tutored students on common PC programs such as Microsoft Office suites and internet explorer.
- Constructed and followed lesson guidelines and extra individual tutoring measures..
- Tutored students on competently and adequately writing using correct grammar and spelling.
- Described and help students understand the use of proper syntax when composing any written activity.
- Helped students to effectively read with an emphasis on comprehension and critical thinking.
Confidential, Saint Augustine, Florida.
Chief Editor and creative manager
- General assignment reporting in Saint Augustine Florida.
- Conducted editorial and casual writing, reviews, creative writing, sports writing, and feature writing for newspaper.
- Copy editing, layout and proofreading duties
- Managed staff and overall construction of the paper.
- Planned the layout of the newspaper
Confidential, Tallahassee, Florida.
Writer, editor, and consultant
- Wrote various types of articles such as persuasive, editorial, expository, inspirational, and humorous for many magazines, online blogs and journals.
- Research and wrote about relevant current events to the disabled and abled population.
- Worked as an affiliated writer for many magazines.