- Depth of experience: 34 years of increasing responsibilities in the field of medical administration and billing. Areas of expertise include ICD - 9 and CPT coding, accounts receivable management.
- 20 years multiple specialty coding in Family Practice, Obstetrics, Psychiatry, General and Orthopedic Surgery, Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- Computer proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office including Excel and Lotus, Quick Books Accounting, proficient in the use of Misys, Versyss and NextGen Practice Management system and EMR systems.
- Self-motivated-experience in instituting and conducting all phases of office procedure, organizing and coordinating projects for maximum efficiency.
- Progressive development of excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated record of high performance standards, including attention to schedules, deadlines, budgets and quality of work.
- Ability to work independently and institute creative improvements that allows better management of workflow.
- Provide management, credentialing and billing services to physician offices, focusing on patient satisfaction and profitability.
- Areas of expertise in diagnosis and procedure coding and collections.
- Experienced in out patient coding and billing for family practice, internal medicine, geriatric medicine, orthopedic surgery, psychiatry and obstetrics.
- Performed chart audits and captured 14% increase for FP/OB practice.
Business Office Manager
- provide reimbursement analysis to management to ensure accurate coding and billing for maximum revenue return for a 52 provider multispecialty group.
- Ensure contract compliance by insurance carriers.
- Maintain consistent revenue and collection percentages.
- Monitor and evaluate Business Office functions and staff.
- coding and billing all in office physician charges, daily administrative responsibilities, direction of all clerical and technical staff, implementation of all Confidential and Confidential regulations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll including monthly tax deposits, quarterly returns, quarterly tax estimates, yearly budget, negotiated all contracts with outside vendors, public relations, marketing, new physician recruitment and contracting .
- direction of all clerical and technical staff, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, quarterly reports, negotiated all contracts with outside vendors, collections, implemented numeric filing system for all medical records, accurate coding of ICD-9 and CPT.
- Duties included diagnosis and procedure coding of all hospital visits and procedures, all in office services, including laboratory services, accounts receivable including collections, prepare all disability claims and attending physician’s statements.
- Scheduled appointments, coded, completed and filed all claims for office services and physician procedures related to General and Thoracic Surgery, statements, posted payments.
- Member American Academy of Professional Coders, CPC certified
- Instituted Training Team for training of clerical and business staff of clinics.
- Maintained 80% - 95% collection rate for 5 consecutive years at Confidential . Increased collections for FP/OB clinic by 20% the first year, maintained 75% - 90% collection rate for 4 years.
- Marketed Occupational Medicine services for an increase of 30% of total business.