Ten+ years proven IT industry experience, hands - on supporting Microsoft Server and workstation products for mixed platform environments. Primary field of expertise is Systems Administration in a LAN/WAN network. Proficient in networking technologies for large enterprise scale networks in a Windows Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Windows 2008/2003/ NT Server, R2, Enterprise and Advanced Server editions using LDAPWindows NT File and Print Services, MS Exchange 2003/2007, Active Directory, Domains and TrustSites and Services, MS Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft networking with TCP-IP, DNSWINS, DHCP, WSUS
- Cisco Routing, Switching and Firewall
- Citrix Server Technologies
- Tivoli Storage Solutions, Arc-Serve and Backup Exec
- System Center Configuration Manager
Confidential, Springfield, PA
Adjunct IT Instructor
- Computer Networking & Security: Securing network resources, infrastructure and applications along with
- Customer relations in a network enviornment.
- Windows Administration configuration and management of network resources such
- As file, print, web resources, and Active Directory objects.
- Exchange Server Administration concepts including pre-installation, planningConfiguration. Routine administrative tasks, creating and managing recipient objects
- Security issues, client access.
- Network Security high-level measures for web, email, file transfer, wireless, instant
- Messaging and how to protect physical access.
- CISCO fundamentals: how routers control communication across networks. How switches
- Control network traffic. LANs, VLANs, and trunking.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Instruct students how to implement OU’s, Group Policies, User Accounts and Security
- Hands-on deployment of Windows 2000- 2003 Active Directory, deploying Windows Servers in an enterprise Infrastructure, with Exchange Server 2000 -2003, 2007 and SUSE Linux, using OpenLDAP
- Using Cisco Routing and Switching with networking Standards and Protocols for LAN/WAN connectivity
- Researched recommended and implemented HW, SW and peripherals to enhance efficiency.
- On-site support of the “Admin Network” and the “ Confidential ” network, Using SCCM Client to manage both networks local and remote
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Network Support Specialist
- Supported Windows NT 4.0 Servers/Windows 2000 Active Directory Servers /Novell 5.0 servers and 1500+ Windows 98, Apple PCs & Windows 2000 Professional desktops
- Maintaining the network’s integrity includes implementing new systems, troubleshooting as well as developing, applying and enforcing best practices and policies for use of the organization’s networks
- Supported Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 for Windows, publishing resources, manage users access
- Provide technical support functions for Local Area Network and Wide Area NetworkIncluding management of hubs, switches, routers, firewalls and servers
- Perform routine backups and archival of files stored on the network to assist with
- Disaster recovery
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary
- Maintenance to support network availability
Confidential, Exton, Pa
Field Service Engineer
- Installing new software and hardware applications in order to upgrade computers
- Provide technical assistance to clients and workers
- Interact with customers and solve their computer related problems
- Keep track of all new equipment purchased and see that they work without problems
- Study existing problems anticipate subsequent troubles and suggest modifications in order to avoid future complications.
Confidential, Trevose, Pa
Software Technical Support Engineer
- Phone support for Compaq customers related to software or hardware issues
- Answered various computer questions
- Documented and tracked all calls through tracking system