- Completed B - Tech equivalent to BSME Automotive Engineering, presently pursuing MS in Automotive Engineering
- 9+ years of experience in Product Development Chassis, Brake Design in Automotive OEM and Automotive Tier I
General Tools: MS Office- Power point, Word, Excel (Proficient)
Mechanical Engineering Tools: CATIA V5 - Part, Assembly, Piping, Static simulation (Proficient), Pro E, CREO - Part, Surface, Assembly, Piping, Pro Mechanica (Proficient), MATLAB Simulink (Beginner), Visio, IQRM, Brake system Engineering (Design, Development, Brake System Dynamics and Calculation)
Confidential, Rochester Hills, MI
- Assisting in Active Steering Demo Project; Co-ordination with supplier and customer
- Working on Drowsy Driver Detection system abstract and literature review to integrate algorithm in the Active steering (LKAS)- ECU; Deep dive study on Karolinska Sleepiness Scale and merits of LKA by steering torque overlay over differential braking.
- Assisting implementing Confidential (IQRM)
Mechanical Designer R&D
- Redesigning of Brake Rotor, Brake carrier, Wheel hub and designing of Adaptor plate according to Demo vehicle measurement. Confidential on Brake Rotors, Prepare CAD Models; packaging study and drawing, support prototype development of those components, planning and execution of the fit-form function analysis on the vehicle, ensure readiness of the vehicle for proving ground testing.
- Perform vehicle level-system level calculation and simulation in spreadsheet for Drum-Drum, Disc-Drum and Disc-Disc combination. Revisiting the Indian Brake system safety standard ISO 11852 and updating DVP accordingly. Prepare DVP for system and component level.
- Preparation and updating of Confidential, installation checklists, time- resource and cost estimation spread sheets and maintaining other documentations.
- Reporting status to Confidential and Chief Engineer on regular basis, analyze test data and capture lesson learnt.
- Interacting with customer on different packaging and performance related issues.
- Design and modeling of variants of Brake chamber and Spring Brake Actuators for Air Disc Brake interface for Indian application.
- Tolerance stack up, Spring force output calculation, Prepare and update DVP for rig testing, do relevant changes analyzing the result
- Different variants of sheet metal Mounting bracket designing and packaging using PRO E/CREO surfacing (on the basis of CAD DATA provided by customer), Releasing the drawing for the same in PLM (Wind-chill)
- Assembly drawings for Production, change management, support another site.
- Design and Drawing correction (Casting parts), Generate design and drawing checklist, Prepare Training material
- Suggest Design Improvements
- Discussion defining the issues, brainstorming and deciding the course of action
- Participating design to cost workshop
- Monitor progress and identifying improvement points for team periodically
ConfidentialDesign and Development Engineer
- Claim analysis for field return components for entire product group. Generate report through different problem solving tools e.g. 8D, Quick fix, QR6S
- Co-ordination with customer, other function within company (Manufacturing, PD), implement changes.
- Managing a team of five members
Design and Development Engineer
- Benchmarking of competitors’ product, selection and approval of pneumatic Brake actuation system circuitry, performing vehicle and system level theoretical calculation and spreadsheet simulation for the same, Brake system piping lay outing- assembling the brake system component and perform packaging study, co-ordination with other teams e.g. Vehicle integration, Chassis and steering suspension team for doing relevant changes in the CAD Model. Installation Drawings for prototype and production built. Drawing releases, CAD data Management and change Management using CATIAV5-Team Centre.
- Updating, Preparing and reviewing Confidential, DVP&R and maintaining other documentations. Keeping track of various deliverables and deliver the same at different phase of the project; starting from concept to production prove out.
- Coordination and concern resolution with Supplier and Validation team for troubleshooting during the field testing.
- Concern resolutions and support for proto built and productionization.
- Coordination with Project Management team and functioning as a CFT members.
- The Drum has been redesigned by stiffening the thermal mass area, component has been analyzed through Confidential, in house and in the field, the issue resolved, the new design productionized.