- Worked directly under the Store
- Manager and Confidential Assistant Manager and congruently with another Confidential Assistant
- Acted as supervising manager over a staff of 3+ individuals in Store Manager and Confidential Assistant’s absence.
- Coached sales associates on a variety of topics including selling merchandise, promoting the company credit card, understanding the bottom dollar and overall customer service.
- Customer oriented; great at ascertaining individual customers’ needs and wants and can recommend, select and obtain proper merchandise based on those needs and wants.
- Built relationships with customers to promote trust and long term company business.
- Spent time to gain extensive product knowledge in which to address customer questions and concerns as well as to explain proper use and care of merchandise.
- Gained the ability to be demonstrative with merchandise to promote customer understanding and interest.
- Very proficient at opening and closing the store, opened and closed registers, counted cash, delivered change, processed credit card transactions and properly accepted check payments.
- Opened company credit cards and promoted benefits on the sales floor and at the cash wrap.
- Performed exchanges and returns, placed special orders and requested in store transfers.
- Maintained a knowledge of current merchandise as well as stocking system.
- Well versed in setting up and preparing for sales and promotions, arranging displays and new floor sets as well as re - ticketing and rearranging merchandise for markdowns.
- Participated in monthly and annual inventory counts.