- Leadership, sound business insight, and design ownership has led to a deep understanding of operations, product development/production, and the ability to solve complex product, team, and schedule issues.
- I have extensive experience driving complex product development projects in small, large and global teams with strong planning, developing, executing, and controlling skills including different engineering, manufacturing, production operations and warehousing functions. I have held numerous positions with increasing responsibility including planning, supervising and mentoring employees.
- Bio - pharma processing equipment
- Photovoltaic systems
- Large scale generator component manufacturing
- Electro-optical devices
- High-vacuum systems
- Automated systems for clean room equipment
- Consumer cosmetics
- Magnetic components
- Optical Crystals
- Ultrasonic cleaning and spray systems.
- I was involved in all aspects of the development of these products from the strategic planning and budgeting to the component design of the electronics and mechanical systems.
- I provided innovative and creative solutions to complex design problems and successfully managed hardware, software and firmware efforts through the entire product life cycle including: requirements, design, development, testing, product launch, lessons learned, and end-of-life planning.
- Lead Engineering Team in Product and Process development for freeze drying of Pharmaceuticals
- Application Engineering for new products and services
- Developed LYO-SIM and Micro-Freeze Dryer products, allows emulation of large production systems by lab scale device. Patented
- Design of control panels to UL508A specification
- Design electrical and mechanical components (including sheet metal) using AutoCAD Inventor 3D software suite
- Design and control of PLC software for control systems
- Document products, BOM, assembly instructions, incoming inspection instructions and FAT/SAT IQ/OQ testing
- Write Quality documents (ISO 9000 based)
- Write GAMP4/5 quality documents for pharmaceutical equipment
- Project Management of pharmaceutical processing equipment
- Interface with customers for site testing, commissioning of equipment and service after the sale
- Liaison between vendors and company for components and assembled systems.
Director of Manufacturing
- Lead supervisory group in manufacturing and logistics as well as the manufacturing and warehouse/purchasing staff
- Support manufacturing of ANSI Safety Vests and Military Uniform components for state and federal government customers
- Design/redesign production processes to utilize blind labor
- Develop new products and procedures to produce those products
- Liaison between Confidential and PSP/Ability One sales group
- Introduced SPC into QC procedures/Initiated 6-Sigma Process Improvement Program
Engineering Manager/Small Projects Manager
- Design and develop Photovoltaic Power Systems for standalone and grid tied residential applications
- Acted as liaison between Confidential and contract manufacturers (domestic and foreign)
- Lead two (2) teams of nine (9) project managers, engineers, technicians to support off grid and residential products and procedures (Clean Power Finance and Integrated Value Added Systems)
- Lead two (2) teams to profitability in six (6) months from start-up to $1Million per month sales
- Oversee and manage daily warehouse and logistics operations for Confidential, NY facility
- Initiated Safety program to bring facility into conformance with Confidential regulations, achieved NYS SHARP certification.
- Lead a team of six to ten (6-10) warehouse personnel at Confidential facility shipping $300-600K daily
- Closed Middletown warehouse saving company $38K per month in costs while maintaining through put level
- Managed all aspects of site planning for Confidential and Middletown NY facilities
- Mange all aspects of facilities maintenance of Confidential, NY facility
- Hire and supervise all sub-contractors for facilities
- Upgraded all lighting fixtures in facility saving $8K per year in electrical costs
- Oversee and manage all VAS production of Standalone and Grid Tied PV systems including supervision of employees, hiring and hiring and disciplinary actions in accordance with company policies
- Lead a team of seven (7) employees for production of five (5) VAS product lines at $1M+ per month sales level
- Increased production five times base rate and decreased cost by applying Six Sigma techniques to assembly operations
- Achieved 96% on time delivery of systems
- Design and develop Photovoltaic Power Systems for standalone and grid tied applications
- Document processes and procedures for building PV systems.
- Project Management
- Project administration for Confidential contract projects
Confidential, Rotterdam, NY.
Manufacturing Engineer/Project Manager
- Design and develop manufacturing processes and procedures for large electric generator components, vacuum system components and large structural elements
- Implement Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques into production process
- Lead and direct manufacturing teams for special projects
- Reverse engineering of obsolete replacement parts
- Project Management
Confidential, Watervliet, NY
Manufacturing Engineer/ Waveguide Fabrication Area Manager
- Design and develop manufacturing processes and procedures for fiber optic based waveguide optical amplifiers resulting in 5x improvement in product yield
- Specify and qualify tools and equipment for manufacturing and testing optical waveguides
- Design and qualify tools and automated equipment for manufacturing optical waveguides
- Manage and lead a team of ten (10) people involved in the development and manufacturing of micron scale optical waveguides
Confidential, Milton, NY
- Design and Develop Ultrasonic Spray Nozzles and Automated Spray Systems
- Design and develop multi-axis computer controlled automated systems for capital equipment design
- Research and development of new product lines including Confidential systems, Clean room tools and Ultrasonic spraying systems
- Directed Sono-Tek Cleaning Systems engineering group to insure product compliance with SEMI standards for safety and ergonomics (SEMI S2 and S8)
- Certified Cleaning systems compliance with EC, NFPA, NEC and SEMI standards for Confidential and safety