Operations Analyst Manager
- The Operations Analyst Manager to the Joint Plans and Policy Branch on a 4 - Star Joint Chiefs of Staff, Joint Staff, in the Future Operations Division of the National Guard Bureau Domestic Operations and Force Development Directorate. Manages daily activities, administrative functions, awareness alerts, and managed distribution list of approximately 1,000 different members.
- Facilitated monthly meetings, conferences, visitor request forms, and coordinated additional forces upon request of state governors. Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with personnel at all levels. Assisted and coordinated assignments to collect, evaluate, develop, and maintain databases required for preparing analyses, reports, projections, and briefings.
- Advised and provided updates to the Commander and staff on situations impacting current operations. Prepares monthly report status, personnel records, organizational policies, training and evaluation of approximately 50 personnel. Provides oversight for the administration of recommended policies, and procedures. Volunteered to assist as the Arlington Hall Station Security Augmentation Force Team.
- Trained and employed as additional armed security during heightened threats and emergency situations. Demonstrates expertise in the use of weapons, communications, random searches, and control systems for national security. Responsible for the coordination and planning of training exercises that directly and indirectly support military operations.
- Implemented measures to maintain optimal security for personnel and property. Performed security assessments, identified risk exposures, and provided counsel to customers on security policy and practices resulted in zero security breaches to include data, equipment, and classified documents.
- Demonstrated strong analytical abilities with attention to detail and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Confirmed that work is scheduled, performed and completed in accordance with company regulations. Worked directly with local police department and emergency services in the case of a calls to the property for assistance.
- Created incidents reports when necessary as outlined in the post orders. Answered telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard was closed. Conducted random inspections to monitor the perimeter of the building and monitored all activities on Confidential for unlawful entries.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Aviation Operations Supervisor
- Represented commander by establishing goals and objectives, and setting priorities for accomplishing overall organizational functions.
- Managed personnel services for aviation personnel in 54 States and Territories congruent with the Confidential .
- Managed 22 highly technical aviation military occupational specialties and 107 associated Non-Commissioned Officer Educational Courses.
- Provided tactical and technical expertise to subordinates and superiors in aviation operations. Responsible for quality control of applicant screening process and waiver process of over 3000 enlisted aviation quota allocations, budgets, and schedules to ensure readiness of all 54 states & territories.
- Conducted research, analysis, and collection of related data on quota distribution projects.
- Determined schedules, sequences, and assigned allocations based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Maintained flight records and reports using the Centralized Aviation Flight Records System on a day-to-day basis for 150 people.
- Cultivated a culture of high employee engagement through implementation of activities to increase morale, accountability, and training.
- Incorporated team building activities in staff meetings and social events.
- Fully supported and enforced Equal Employment Opportunity policy and procedures as the Equal Opportunity Advisor among all personnel.
- Served as the senior leader for additional positions consisting of the Casualty Assistance Officer, Training Supervisor, and the Medical Response Team.
Confidential, Confidential, VA 2
- Selected to be the Senior Leader and trainer for 28 active duty Soldiers of the Confidential Post Honors Team. Led the first ever Garrison full honors team with exceptional results of over 2 to 4 funerals per week/ 16 per months. Direct command, leadership and management of 28+ soldiers to render full honors/plane side honors.
- Served throughout Virginia Counties of Culpeper, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Lancaster, Madison, Northumberland, Orange, Page, Prince William, Rappahannock, Richmond, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Warren, and Westmoreland.
- Successfully trained 11 senior level leaders for a high profile mission to conduct 7 funeral honors in one day with outstanding results. Mentored and provided one-on-one training to over 50 subordinates routinely in preparation for high profile funerals outside of the Virginia area. Managed budget, weapons, supplies, uniforms, training, health, and welfare of all Soldiers which provided vital additional support to the Casualty Assistance Center leadership.
- Maximized the use of all available resources saving over $60,000 with limited resources. Performed HR/recruiting duties: made job descriptions, conducted interviews, and contributed to offer decisions. Provided management and leadership to personnel regarding all aspects of career progression, to include: required training compliance, security clearance updates, periodic reviews, personnel improvement plans, termination, and promotion updates/requirements.
Current Operations Supervisor
- Senior Current Operations manager for fixed-wing flight detachments supporting 54 Confidential /OCONUS locations. Supervised, prepared, and published weekly briefings for senior officials. Contingency Operations advisor that provided guidance to Aviation professionals for Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on issues related to aviation and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Oversea the scheduling of diplomatic clearances, passports, and personnel in direct support of military deployments. Responsible for $300,000 dollar budget, quality assurance, and administration of the individual programs, including the crews, aviation operation and maintenance planning. Performed inspections of building areas to determine status of security, equipment, fire safety, and airfield conditions. Assisted and functioned as the backup for the processing of over 48 passports for deploying service members.
- Exceptional mental capacity to handle a fast paced work environment, solve complex issues, and display discipline dealing with multiple tasks. Training Manager that fostered and maintained business relationships and contacts with United Nations personnel and civilian authorities. Organized, planned, and executed the 2012 Confidential Fixed Wing Conference for 300 attendees at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Tennessee.
- Relied upon to give sound decisions, opinions, and judgement in the new hiring process for key personnel. Created a climate for all personnel to improve education, physical fitness, and their career path within and outside of work environment. Evaluated and redeveloped the Military Free Fall cost analysis for key personnel and Special Operation's representatives which attributed to a hosting of approximately 300 Special Forces Soldiers.
Operations First-Line Supervisor
- First-Line Supervisor recognized for accomplishing task to the fullest capacity and promoted collaborative work environment. Communicated effectively with military and civilian leaders’ at all organizational levels as well as groups of military and civilian contracting staff with widely divergent backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
- Developed, contracted, and foster relationships with local hotels on lodging for students off site of Camp Robinson. Coordinate daily with training representatives of approximately 2,000 students for adequate lodging, instructor ratio, and classroom occupancy. Conducted assessments, studies, and reviews of programs and activities that directly and indirectly support military operations.
- Provided options and recommendations for identified shortfalls and deficiencies. Aggressively pursued the development of historical data tracking system, projected forecast analysis, and integrate updates of military policies; saving $30,000 in annual training expenses. Coordinated with vendors to ensure contractual obligations and purchases were accurate and being delivered in a timely manner.
- Evaluated training requirements for each division, consulting with department managers, HR and external resources. Posts changes to Confidential regulations and other publications and wrote the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Staff Duty Officer. Developed and supervised physical fitness program for over 75 Confidential and Marine personnel resulting in 95% success rate.
- Established and maintained standards of behavior to create safe, orderly, and effective environments for learning. Collaborated with other staff members on critical incident review panels, reviewed reports and prepared writing recommendations and findings following major incidents. Recognized by the Commandant and awarded the Meritorious Service Medal Service Metal for commitment to excellence.
Armed Security Officer
- Guarded clients as they conducted business in high-risk areas, enforce rules on property, properly relay information via radio, provided detail verbal and written reports, used and maintained weapons. Secured buildings and conducted rounds within confidential areas of operations. Investigated any type of suspicious activity in or around the facility while conducting a 100% ID check for those entering and exiting the grounds.
- Screened visitors and checked all packages for weapons upon entry into the government facilities.
- Developed and maintain professional relations with employees and visitors and ensure appropriate courtesy to everyone.
- Entrusted with an armed security position that requires excellent attentive skills in order to assure the protections of client's properties, assets and their employees.
- Utilized knowledge and understanding of Confidential Regulations such as AR 190-56/ AR 190-14 and attended mandatory training sessions regarding security procedures and threat management. Prepared and submitted written reports, criminal, non-criminal informational and supplemental follow-up incident reports.
- Scheduled and dispatched tactical aircraft missions and performed associated operational administrative duties. Processed cross-country and local flight clearances, including examination for conformance with flight rules and regulations. Responsible for monitoring aviation training, contingency operations, preparing alerts, and publishing mobilization orders.
- Primary responsibility was to support military Regional Flight Centers (RFC) along with direct support of overseas' missions.
- Responsible for administering the day-to- day operations of over 220 personnel as well as tracked deployment and redeployment of the unit during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Supervised receipt and transfer of classified material. Managed property books to include the approval, ordering, delivery, and inventory control of all equipment and supplies resulting in significant cost savings. Coordinated implementation of operations, training programs, and communications activities.
- Analyzed and prepared weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly operational efficiency reports of an aviation. Prepared special correspondence; composed routine correspondence; proofreader correspondence for proper format and accuracy; provided technical guidance to clerical personnel.