To obtain a position in the field of accounting where my exemplary skills, experience and commitment to excellence will have valuable application. Desire a position with career growth potential.
- Microsoft Office (Word 95/98, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access), and Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft
- Dynamics (Solomon), SAGE - MIP/Abila, Deltek-Costpoint, SAP, Quickbooks.
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
- Process contract invoices (mostly monthly but as needed if invoices warranted more frequent submissions). Required ability to be extremely detailed and deal with large volumes of data. Some invoices that were submitted were over 200 pages. Implemented Process improvement related to this.
- Involved in committee for LEAN processing for invoices from one of our funders (DOH), to provide feedback on how to streamline processes, related to invoice submission. .
- Process donations and other receipts that are received from external parties, using Microsoft Dynamics Solomon SL.
- Daily Cash Management
- Internal Audit periodically performed on the files and procedures of another department.
- Periodic Review of A/P transactions
- Verification and Approval of the Allocation of Personnel Expenses
- Minor Tasks Associated with Month - End Close
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
- Set up new clients and make adjustments necessary to keep current client information (rent, subsidy (Section 8) and security deposit payments) in MIP (accounting system) and reconciled balances between Accounting system and internal system.
- Prepared monthly contract invoices totaling over $2 Million monthly to bill out on a monthly basis.
- Processed rent checks along electronic and physical payments in SAGE MIP (accounting system).
- Printed out and disseminated monthly client rent statements for about 750 clients and distributed arrears reports to internal project managers monthly. Implemented process improvement associated with this task.
- Reviewed and Posted Accounts Payable Batches for about 550 invoices monthly for accurate coding and processing.
- Trained and provided professional support to fellow colleagues regarding A/P and A/R.
- Provided periodic support when working with fellow colleagues regarding the allocation of personnel expenses.
- Reconciled Cash Accounts to Bank Statements monthly/Periodic Cash Management
- Was integral to the integration and initial mapping of data between new Development Software and Accounting System, re: Donation Revenue Processing
- Recorded Sales and Use Tax with the Department of Revenue, for payment.
- Sent out quarterly financial documentation for a couple of projects to external stakeholders along with other financial reports for fiscal contractual reporting.
Confidential, Fairfax, Virginia
- Reconciled contracts/document numbers by correcting such anomalies as NULO’s, JVR’s and outstanding obligations, disbursements and A/P balances. Work done is in support of the Navy (Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)) as a government contractor.
- Utilized such systems as COBRA, STARS, MOCAS, CERPS, AutoDoc, EDA and GSA. Analyzed and interpreted histories from above systems and/or vouchers, modifications, MIPR’s, and amendments
- Conversed with personnel from DFAS, DCMA, SPAWAR and other organizations regarding assigned work.
- Provided occasional support to newer colleagues with performing work.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Processed expense reports to verify the validity of the amount that consultants and employees are entitled to or owe after their international travel. Involves currency exchange rates.
- Processed invoices that need to be paid out to companies.
- Coded expenses and input Account Payable Vouchers into Costpoint (Financial Package) according to chart of accounts.
- Assisted during the Check Run process by processing checks to be paid out to Vendors.
- Reconciled employee Confidential and personal accounts on a monthly basis.