- Information Systems Leader with over twenty years of experience in the development, delivery and management of software solutions to a range of business and industry needs.
- Actively participate in ERP system implementation, application definition and development processes as needed at all levels.
- Experience in executive management levels affords me a complete knowledge of delivering solutions to the user community with a foresight on budgetary and personnel requirements.
- Hands - on Senior Executive, responsible for operating budgets in excess of $30 MM and all personnel development—15+ years at Director Level and above.
- ERP and Applications Development/Implementation Leadership
- Compliance experience with HIPAA, SOX, SB 1386, SAS70, ISO 9000, PCI-DSS
- AMA Project Manager; Sandler Institute Training, Enterprise Architect
- Implementing Agile principles and methods including Sprint, Scrum, Iterative and Test Driven Development
- Have led teams of software developers in projects that span multiple departments, business processes and computing platforms (RDBMS/ERP/.NET/JEE/Unix/Linux/Windows) to integrate and enhance existing legacy technologies and in corporate new leading edge technologies, including ERP packages
- Various achievement awards.
- Six Sigma Confidential
- 15+ years of development (OS, Applications, Tools, Database, ERP, Cloud)
- 15+ years of Design, development, architecture, data modeling, Security
- 15+ years as Team lead or above for teams of 5-35 direct reports (200+ staff)
- 5+ years Enterprise Content Management, Cloud Services
- Several achievement awards earned
- Access and Identity management, Agile Programming, Agile Project Management, Application development, Application maintenance & support, Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Computer Datacenter Operations, Data Governance, Data Integration, Data Mining, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse, Design Patterns, Project/Team Lead, CPM - Certified Project Manager (American Management Association)
- Gathering User Requirements, Healthcare Applications, Hibernate, HIPAA Privacy/Security/Transaction Code Sets, HP 9000, HP-UX, Human Resource Applications, IBM MQ Series, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Insurance Applications, Internet/Intranet Project Management
- Technical leadership and development in C, C++, Java, Java Database Connectivity, Java EE, .NET, J2EE, MVC Design Pattern and others, Exchange, IIS, Project, SharePoint User, SQL Server Administration, SQL Server Development, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, MySql Development, Network Design, Oracle Administration, Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Development, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Apps 9i and 10.x, Oracle EBS 11.5.10, 12.x.x, PeopleSoft, Performance Testing, Perl, PHP, Process Modeling, Process Re-engineering, Project Management Office (PMO), Project Metrics (as Project Manager), Project Planning, Public Key Infrastructure, Python, Release Management, Risk Management, SOX, Scrum Master, Security Architecture Review, Service Oriented Architecture, Sun Microsystems NetBeans, SUSE Linux, Sybase Development, System Analysis/Design, Architecture Disciplines (infrastructure, software, enterprise, data), Unified Modeling Language, UNIX, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Vmware ESX Server, Windows OS
- Responsible for all aspects of IT for this World-wide organization on Political and Social research and data archives.
- Provide architecture, design and development for various funded projects along with the necessary infrastructure needed to accommodate these, including Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery. Various levels of desired security is provided for over 65,000 data sets and growing each day.
- Manage all technology related decisions for Confidential Center.
- Sit on several Campus teams for the research and development of the next generation of Security and Network infrastructure for the University Campus and Health Services Organization.
- Meet with and participate with Harvard, MIT, Stanford and others to define and develop the next generation of archival storage to allow bridging of legacy data, formats and systems for the future of research in the Sciences area.
- Created new Architectural Approach to Data Science. Presented results at International Conferences in Norway and Ireland. U.S. presentations to major research universities are on-going.
- Member of Information and Infrastructure Assurance Council for University. Group of 20 Senior and Executive level Technology Leaders establishing and guiding these topics for Michigan
- Member of Architecture Council for the Confidential funded Sustainable Environment and Actionable Data ( Confidential ) project. Group of Principal level Architects and Scientists establishing the Data Science industry architecture and framework for Sustainable and Actionable Data in the various disciplines of Research Data.
- Member of the Fedora Leadership Governance Council - Group of 4-6 members globally that are responsible for Approval of Annual Budget allocation for the product, Approval of project roadmaps and Establishment of community direction.
- Member of founding team for Consortium of Dataverse Product Management. Group consists of Members from Confidential, Harvard and University of North Carolina.
- Member of High Performance Computing team for the advancement of Research Science Data Processing
- Develop strategy, plans and execution paths for some of the most complex operational needs in industries such as Healthcare, Energy, Government, Manufacturing and Financial.
- Provide from start-up/concept to execution of business plans leveraging technology.
- Provide Management consulting from IT systems and facilities to program management.
- Virtual CIO/CTO for Healthcare, Insurance Payors and Patient Care Management
- Providing Go forward strategy and planning for Healthcare Technology product
Technology Advisor to the CEO
- Rebuild and formalize the off shore team.
- Add structure, process and procedures to the on shore team.
- Combine team into one cohesive design, development, testing and deployment organization to deliver, cost effectively, higher quality solution on a more rapid and timely basis for the market driven needs of the organization.
- Research, evaluate, choose and implement an Enterprise Cloud Managed Solution for Industry and Enterprise Collaboration and Content Information Management leveraging Box.com. Establish Analytics and Governance for the same. Mobility Strategy and Tactics.
- Define, Architect, develop and implement standards and process surrounding IT Software, IT Tools, SDLC, Enterprise Services, Process Management, Reporting and Analytics, Information Handling, Security and Master Data Modeling.
- Established Application Lifecycle Management Practice, Application Portfolio Management Practice and Change Control Workflow for 300+ IT developers and support staff.
- Cross functional use of SAP Implementation Teams.
- Cloud (public and private) Computing in a secure consistent manner
- Lead/Mentor to seven separate groups surrounding the business of IT (SOA, Development, PM, Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Coach, Security, Compliance)
Senior Program Manager
- Facility Activation Services Training and Implementation
- Assist with Allscripts EMR/EHR rollout (Training, ETL and Liaison).
Senior Program Manager
- Windows 7 Application Compatibility Workgroup
- Provide Guidance, Direction and Leadership
- Manage the deliverables necessary for the Windows 7 Project Deployment team
- Identify gaps on Windows 7 Platform across UHMS
- Rollout of solution while maintaining current application functionality through compatibility assessments and analysis.
- Manage product strategy, direction and timelines for Oracle EBS Tools and Oracle ERP Application Management
- Develop software tools for managing Oracle EBS administrative tasks
- Output management, migration and deployment of EBS Entities, iSetups, Functional Setups, AOL
- Securing production data during the release management stages of development
- Guide and direct the development team on the current tools (Java, Shell Scripting, RDBMS, Application Frameworks)
- Assist with Application Architecture towards future Oracle product plans, Admins and DBAs
- Lead support in the re-implementation of Oracle EBS Apps for various versions.
CTO/Chief Architect / Director
- Manage and Direct Support Services, Quality Assurance, Release Management, Web Applications, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Application Architecture, Core Development, Data Architecture and Data Governance.
- Provide guidance for infrastructure and server architecture. Contributing member of the Executive IT Steering Committee.
- Own the software development process from inception to delivery.
- Provide leadership and management direction for application development initiatives
- Migrating the team and its approach to SOA based solutions in the Java Environment
- Established a Data Warehouse and reporting capabilities for internal and external clients.
- Team with Executives, Management Consultants and IT personnel to establish the office of the Chief Information Officer.
- Revamp the architecture to accommodate the rapid organizational growth. Establish KPIs s to measure team and developer productivity Implementation of Agile and Scrum.
- Managed EDI transactions (reporting and intake) with various Payer (Insurance) Organizations. Managed interfaces for Claims Adjudication (various platforms), Data Compendiums (First Data, MediSpan, etc) and Pharmacy data exchanges. Began incorporating HL7 transactions in to PCM applications. HIPAA Certified.
- Manage staff development, training and certifications. Staffed top-tier engineering talent.
- Managed budgets of $7+ million
Director, Application Software Development and Architecture
- Managed and built a team of 20 technologists to execute on the product development plan.
- Designed and established Applications Architecture for .NET Platform.
- Using popular design patterns and industry standards the team was able to deliver 2 months ahead of original estimates.
- Part of the Executive team to identify future products and market needs.
CIO/Business Unit Director
- Revived and revamped software engineering organization to architect a more dynamic software infrastructure.
- Supported SAS70, ISO14001, HIPAA and other compliance certifications throughout the software development process
- Utilizing ORACLE and SQL Server
- Provide vision, leadership and management direction for all aspects of the organization. Responsible for all contract and legal negotiations. 20,000 constituents serviced.
- Manage the operations, revenue ($30M+), expenses, budgets ($30M+) and personnel for the organization
- Additionally, provide thought leadership and direction for all IT related functions
- Eliminate $13.5 million unfunded liability that was inherited
- Strengthen General Fund to over $15 Million
- Increased development and business climate by 15%
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Manager Engineering
- Five Promotions. Designed and managed major clients’ proprietary data and network security solutions
- Initiate and develop a Services practice globally in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Developed all business, finance and legal processes to meet various compliance requirements
- Upgrade the performance of the Field Engineering team for the Global Sales team
- Assist with all corporate planning and development of Sales strategies for all Regions.
- Worked closely with SAP and Confidential Engineering to implement Confidential at SAP.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Director of Technology
- Managed many large successful projects and design efforts for various web and non-web based solutions
- Solutions included projects for this technology consulting and custom software development firm.
- Mentor staff in the delivery of solutions in a timely and budget conscience environment.
- Responsible for architecting all projects for the company and managing the technical resources.
- Architected, managed, delivered and implemented a software product into major manufacturing/engineering firm. Product enables the users to quote/bid on an RFQ at a profit and then manage the program after awarded in a timely and profitable manner. Application is web based and based upon a Java platform. This product interfaced into ERP and Financial systems at completion.
- Database design, performance tuning and architecture of client system RDMBS Oracle and Informix
- Assigned highly critical or mission critical projects.
- Project and resource management skills.
- Adapt to corporate situations quickly.
- Restructured / redesigned RDBMS, operating systems and infrastructure, 900% increase in production.