- Experienced communications and administrative professional with combined corporate, association, media, educational, and government agency contracting experience.
- Developing organizational messages to target specific audiences.
- Writing fact sheets and other pieces collaboratively.
- Translating technical jargon into understandable public information.
- Correlating words with graphics to form cohesive messages.
- Recruiting members, donors, and advertisers while promoting interest in messages.
- Editing, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Updating internal style guides and sheet updates.
- Clarifying technical process clarification.
- Fact sheets; consumer affairs pieces; magazine articles; position pieces; staff briefings; market survey reports; energy analysis bulletins; brochures; and executive newsletters.
MicroSoft Office 2010 (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and SharePoint), QuickBooks 2011, InDesign, Quark, Ventura, Dreamweaver, PageMaker, QuickBooks, and Hotel Booking Center
- Write, proofread, and copy edit correspondence and other materials for the Director of Formation/Rector, offices, tenants, short - and long-term visitors and residents.
- Update Employee Handbook and other reports and records.
- Coordinate meetings, including menus, guest rooms, and meeting rooms and setup.
- Fulfill public information and tenant requests.
- Administer employee health plans, Process timesheets.
- Handle accounts payable and receivable, including coding and paying reimbursement requests and bills and invoicing.
- Set and manage events calendar and long- and short-term guests’ room assignments.
- Update office tenant contact and lease agreement information.
- Proofread, checked format, and footed numbers in financial statements during the busy tax season.
- Edited technical papers. Inventoried files and reviewed volumes for proper style, format, and accuracy.
- Compared equations and graphics to authors’ original manuscripts.
- Queried authors and incorporated answers.
- Reviewed offsite editors’ work and provided collegial feedback.
- Checked corrections and compared formats in page proofs.
- Prepared daily status reports.
Copy Editor/Research Assistant
- Translated medical jargon into laymens’ terms for consumer publications. Performed fact checking for Confidential contract.
- Managed reprint process for Treatment Improvement Protocols, Technical Assistance Publications, and print, audio, video, and electronic products.
- Compiled report data. Set and managed production schedules.
- Served as Technical Editor/Writer for Confidential ’s Federal Protective Services, Confidential of Commerce.
- Edited policies and procedures.
- Wrote collaboratively with subject matter experts.
- Was temporary Office Manager/Proofreader for Confidential .
- Manned the registration table and promoted interest in natural gas industry issues at monthly roundtable discussions with media.
- Assisted public information callers.
- Developed Fact Sheets, consumer affairs pieces, magazine articles, environmental position pieces, staff briefings, residential market survey reports, and executive newsletters.
- Collaborated with association departments to update annual Confidential Issue Summaries book of advocacy Fact Sheets to promote member priorities on Confidential .
- Recruited membership and advertisers at trade shows.
- Set and managed production schedules.
- Managed publications schedules.
- Copyedited educational testing materials, progress reports, and proposals for Confidential .
- Edited proposals to ensure funding. Set and managed production schedules.
- Identified top concerns of committee members and addressed them in annual market reports.
- Wrote and proofread seven such reports, a quarterly newsletter on medical-surgical industry technologies and trends, and a monthly newsletter featuring selling techniques.
- Identified data sources and trends in individual markets.
- Wrote and proofread customer tools, press releases, and excerpted education modules.
- Found data and obtained copyright permissions for their use.
- Set and managed production schedules.
- Diversity Development, and Emergency Preparedness. Wrote bios on people and events featured on stamps. Set and managed production schedules.