- More than seven years of experience as Data Analyst, Data Manager, Research Analyst, Statistician as well as Biostatistician.
- Experienced in the design, development, extraction of large data sets from different database environments such as MS Access based Epidemiological Information System (EPI - INFO) and CSPRO database, and exporting to Excel, SPSS and STATA for analysis.
- Experience in data cleansing, Data Archival, and Data Migration, and coding utilizing EPI-INFO software and understanding of data management principles, such as merging data sets and data aggregation.
- Well versed in application of statistical analysis of data including p-values, confidence intervals, linear regression analysis, ANOVA, Descriptive Statistics, Factor Analysis, Regression Analysis (OLS and Multivariate Analysis), Correlation Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, basic general linear models, frequencies, survival analysis, non-parametric analysis for the purposes of data analysis and reporting using SPSS and SATA.
- Excellent Analytical, Organizational and Problem solving skills. Ability to focus, manage time and priorities. Excellent communication skills, self - starter, good team player, enthusiastic, and innovative. Detail oriented, quick learner and demonstrated ability to move from one sequential assignment to the next depending on business needs.
- Strong background in applied and inferential statistics. Knowledge of linear models and multivariate analysis as well as exposure to modern data analysis techniques such as data visualization, robust statistics and analysis of high- dimensional data is preferred.
- Enthusiastic to expand my statistical, communications, and computing expertise. I also enjoy the process of building long-term collaborative relationships at ease with either a non-rigid or rigid structure to projects, and professional in handling numerous projects simultaneously.
- Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP
- Demographic Software MORTPAK.MS Access
- MS Office 2010 suite
- CSPro and R.
Research Program Officer, Data Manager, Data Analyst, Lecturer
- Exporting the database from ASCII format to SPSS using the Load Syntax Programs
- Merging yearly datasets into one and Variable labeling, recoding and creating new variables form the already existing ones by writing syntax programs.
- Data analysis; simple frequency distribution and bivariate analysis.
Research Program Officer, Data Manager, Data Analyst, Lecturer
- Participate in Public Health research projects as appropriate as facilitator, trainer and researcher.
- Assist in recruiting the right skills in research projects,
- Ensuring that project staffs are doing their tasks properly and timely
- Ensuring that projects are going according to agreement, technically, financially and time wise.
- Developing follow up mechanisms for activities
- Report any irregularities and shortcomings in project implementation or any activity without delay.
- Preparation of regular report on the status of the research project
- Design, develop and maintain operational databases for research projects as appropriate using Epidemiological Information System (Epi-Info) Software mostly.
- Plan and coordinate data entry process to be done in a timely manner.
- Performed data checks and cleaning as needed, to ensure integrity and correctness of data displays. Prepared documentation for programs.
- Prepare data cleaning programs such as consistency checking and clean the dataset.
- Develop programs to generate datasets, tables, summaries and analysis using SPSS and SATA
- Prepared documentation describing all datasets and variables within, including derived variables, and the project as a whole.
- Develop programs to export big datasets into other software such as Excel, SPSS and SATA to make the data ready for analysis as appropriate.
- Convert complex data into usable information using appropriate charts, tables and graphs to communicate results to management.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and reports.
- Create SPSS and STATA datasets of research data from databases; and prepare data to be sent to clients.
- Utilize appropriate controls and processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
- Collaborate with departmental managers and research project managers to design, create and implement process and reporting solutions.
- Prepare teaching materials and worksheets, providing tutorial classes and discuss with departmental managers to ensure the quality of teaching.
- Advice students on their thesis research starting from proposal development till their final thesis report; especially on the sampling, methodology and statistical analysis section.
- Help students to publish their work available and appropriate peer reviewed journals.
Confidential, Calverton, Maryland
- Researched and analyzed Ethiopian Demographic and Health Surveys (2000 and 2005).
- Applied statistical models using linear and logistics regression models and comparative analysis using the Confidence Interval Approach for the two separate year’s datasets. Employed STATA and SPSS software for analysis.
- Program customized data displays, (including data listings, summary tables and routine graphics) in accordance with approved statistical analysis plan and shell displays for research studies.
- Used appropriate statistical designs based on the nature of the data set
- Planned, developed, and presented statistical data and reports.
- Participated in the third round of the National Population and Housing and Census of Ethiopia,2007 as facilitator and trainer besides being Regional and Technical Field Operation.
- Trained data collectors, Field operation and coordination of all census activities in a Sub-City of Addis Ababa.
- Report any irregularities and shortcomings in census implementation without delay.
- Preparation of regular report on the status of the data collection and implementation of overall census activities.
- Involved with risk management teams in analyzing financial data.
- Communicated with Risk Management peers, Operations, Collections, and Finance.
- Prepared documentation and initiative activities for implementing the Vital statistics and registration system in the country-Ethiopia.
- Participated in the second round of the National Demographic and Health Survey (+) plus of Ethiopia as facilitator and trainer besides being Regional and Technical Field Operation.
- Trained data collectors, Field operation and coordination of all the survey activities.
- Report any irregularities and shortcomings in survey data collection without delay.
- Preparation of regular report on the status of the data collection and implementation of overall survey activities.
- Office editing for the field collected data; coordination and facilitation of data entry activities in collaboration of the data management team for the survey.
- Participated in the Report writing of the 2005 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey.
- Facilitation and coordination of the dissemination workshop for the 2005 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey.